Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R&G 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Clubs were all jammed last year. You could hardly move inside some places they were so packed. I'd say find a decent house party. And don't light any fires, that sihts not cool.
    Probably not helped by the fact that CIT are having RAG week the same week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

samf wrote: »
    Probably not helped by the fact that CIT are having RAG week the same week.
    You sure? Thought they had it the week after. Even so, its still gonna be jammed, although maybe not as jammed...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Tis the same week alright:

Rag-week-lineup.jpg

As far as I know theyre trying to have all rag weeks in the same province on the same week to stop people travelling to other colleges rag weeks and causing trouble. Gonna be one crazy week in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Are all lectures still on. Itake it almost everyone goes out so there must be no one in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Are all lectures still on. Itake it almost everyone goes out so there must be no one in college.

Go to your lectures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

As far as I know theyre trying to have all rag weeks in the same province on the same week to stop people travelling to other colleges rag weeks and causing trouble. Gonna be one crazy week in cork.

Nope. UL and NUIG are having R&G week on the 28th of February. LIT is having R&G week the same week as ours though so the Limerick crowd may not travel due to LIT. Mary I are Monday coming. WIT are also the same week as us. IT Tralee are the same week as UL and NUIG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

:rolleyes: Lovely thoughts from a college student.

UCC are not going to close the college due to 'rag' week. Not everyone goes out and gets smashed, stays in all day and then not attend college for the week. Classes are still on and there will be folks attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 UCC Philosoph

Not everyone goes out. There are loads of events on campus during the day and in the evenings. A brilliant week can be had by attending loads of those and just heading to a pub or house party afterwards rather than a club.

Last year there was a nearly naked mile and dramat put on a play in the Boole and such. This year loads of societies are putting stuff on like the Comedy Competition on Monday night, February 14th in Kane G19 at 19.30. It is free in to watch stand up comedy and there is a guest MC.

Tis the same week alright
    It's going to be carnage.

Aodan83 wrote: »
    It's going to be carnage.

Precisely why I'm keeping away. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

The Star have some seriously cheap prices on drink for the week but I think it's only at certain times. I think the info is up on their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

DJ_Soc_Poster.jpg

battle of the DJs kicking off monday at 14:00 in the liquid lounge

€2/2.50 cans of beer/cider
    €2.90 vodka and splash!

can't beat the bit of R&G week day clubbing!

we will be open every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

deisedude wrote: »
    You going taking the week off work?

Has to be done Declan!

Are Old/New Bar going to be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

Same As wrote: »
    Has to be done Declan!

Are Old/New Bar going to be open?

Ya they are supposed to be as far as i know anyway!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

deisedude wrote: »
    Ya they are supposed to be as far as i know anyway!

This came in an email
    And as a point of interest, both college bars, New Bar & Old Bar will be open every day for R&G week from 12pm.

Live music, both bands and DJs, will be playing in the Bars all week.

UCC College I.D.s will be required to enter both Bars and on that note, UCCSU strongly emphasises the importance of responsible drinking on R&G Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

WOO on midterm for a week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Isn't it great for some...:rolleyes:

This will be like just another college week for me. Too much work to do.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

We got an email reminding us that this a normal academic week and we are to attend all our lectures and tutorials as normal

Was in the new bar last night just before it closed. the floor was like glue. Place was in some state like. I can't see the rest of the week being any better.

Any trouble Aidan?

• Advertisement

Nah, was dead when we got there, place was about to close. Just came from the philosophs comedy competition. The floor was covered in crap though, torn up beer mats everywhere. I actually couldnt believe how dirty it had gotten. Must have been unbelievably busy. Wasn't there at all today though so I don't know how that's working out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

All I could hear from the new bar today was "Fcuk you CIT I've a degree outside":rolleyes:

I was in there last night too, it was absolutely mental, in fairness to security or whatever they are they were great at keeping things under control. There was a boxing match on in Devere Hall 'CIT vs UCC' so I thought it'd be messy enough with the two crowds there but there was no hassle at all!

I wonder how the SU patrol are getting on this year?

I wonder how the SU patrol are getting on this year?
    Saw a few of them out the other night as well actually. Seemed to be pretty relaxed so I don' think they're being taxed too much. College road doesn't seem as messy as it was other years either. not yet anyway. Could be a slightly cleaner week than usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

I doubt that is many people who have yet to go out and still have not been to any lectures..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Is it just me or is there a huge increase in nudity(both male + female) this year. Was in the fish bowl last night and it was like the red light district in Amsterdam.

Not complaining mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Is it just me or was this a really relaxed and quiet R&G week? Didn't seem to be the messiness on the nights I was out which was surprising given it clashed with CIT's. I even thought the banter on college road was less hassle for the authorities than usual?

Advertisement