Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are The Script that good?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

They've released the same song about 7 times now. And yet their fans don't seem to notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Are you serious?

only if you're willing to take her that way.

n god knows she'll take it any way :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Star Bingo wrote: »
    should have known :rolleyes: bigger gimps than i realized.

what i did know was that they're one of them boy bands disguised as a rock group, like Maroon 5 just take one singer with heartthrob potential and put him in front of content-to-be jobbing musicians

nice one captain obvious :rolleyes: will anyone?
    Welcome moron

mle1324 wrote: »
    Welcome moron

f**k off dickhead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Seaneh wrote: »
    They are a good pop-rock band.
    They weren't *changed* by a record company at all, I saw them in the Sugar Club about 4 years ago and they sounded as they do now, in fact they played "we cry" and a few other songs off their first album that night, they were unsigned at the time too.
    Two of them were in a boy band when they were kids, so what. They make decent radio friendly music, it's not world changing stuff but it's good at what it does. Musically Danny and Mark are very good musicians, song writers and producers, both worked as full time writers and producers for years in the US and their Drummer, Glenn, is one of the best sessions drummers in Europe and has worked in just about every top studio in Europe.

They aren't claiming to be deep and meaningful and thought provoking, so what's the problem?

Typical Irish begrudgery in full flow in this thread tbh.

They *might* sell out Lansdown Road and if they do, fair play to them.

[edit]

also, it's FU*KING LANSDOWN ROAD!

This post sums up exactly what's wrong with the world today...and also why a absolutely crap, teeny bopper pop bands continue to sell albums..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

thats generally more of an indication how fcuking lame you are.

i think these kids could sell out the night... hell why not two; like Bublé. heck before long they'll be able to command a weeklong residency on a whim, like Pestlife.

No need to get personal!

Out of interest - why is my post an indication of how "fcuking lame" I am? I was just putting it into context that while an act might get a negative reaction on boards, that doesn't necessarily transfer to how popular/successful they are!

f**k off dickhead.

Think you might be regretting that little outburst once Mod Patrol comes a knockin' round these here parts!

Charlie says "attack the post, not the poster!"

don't flip the script.you'd be lame too if you consistently sold out stadiums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

mle1324 wrote: »
    Welcome moron
    f**k off dickhead.

lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 OwenTheBassist

Their a great band, they've worked hard to get where they are today and are under rated, their only classed as pop because their music attracts a lot of people who claim to be fans even though they only listen to the singles released! Not any other songs on the albums or covers ect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

No, is the short answer.

Their a great band, they've worked hard to get where they are today and are under rated, their only classed as pop because their music attracts a lot of people who claim to be fans even though they only listen to the singles released! Not any other songs on the albums or covers ect.

Owen you don't by any chance play bass in a band called The Script?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

The script lol.

the prodigy
    daft punk
    30 seconds to mars
    phil collins
    counting crows
    lost prophets
    ian dury
    grand funk rail road

that's real music man.....far out...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Seaneh wrote: »

Typical Irish begrudgery in full flow in this thread tbh.

That old guff eh?

If they are hardworking lads I hope they do very well, good luck to them.

If people find their music to be terrific, I'll disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 OwenTheBassist

Obviously, cos I have enough experience in my few weeks of playing bass to play for a top class band.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

ebixa82 wrote: »
    This post sums up exactly what's wrong with the world today...and also why a absolutely crap, teeny bopper pop bands continue to sell albums..:(

I'd rather hear 3 lads who can write and play their instruments even if they are "selling out" than tripe like whoever the current x-factor winner is or whatever ****e boyband simon cowell/louis walsh/whoever is churning out this week or whatever former member of a girlband who can't sing or ex-rap group turned pop act is releasing this week.

Get off your high ****ing horse.
    Gob****e.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello. I think we'll leave this here. If you want to restart the discussion please try the music forum. A number of posters have been banned for personal abuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement