Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are The Script that good?

Options
  • 04-01-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

They seem a bit over-rated to me.

Will they sell out Aviva - I dont think so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Utter ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

For what film?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

No, they're woeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I quit paying attention to pop music in the late 90's. Couldnt tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Over rated...they'll never be as big as U2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

They played main stage at Oxegen 2 years ago and there was a massive crowd for them. They probably will sell out the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

more middle of the road than anything I've ever heard. yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

I wonder how the ticket sales are going??? ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

This is what The Script started as before the record company decided to remarket them as a rock band:

They are the absolute dregs of music and representative of everything that's wrong in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Nah they're sh!t.

help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

lizt wrote: »
    They played main stage at Oxegen 2 years ago and there was a massive crowd for them. They probably will sell out the Aviva.

and who were the acts before and after them?;)

could the crowd have been a wee bit tipsy and sang along - alternative being 30,000 people to shift over to another stage ?:rolleyes:

I'm going back the corner where I first saw you. I write medeocre lyrics so I just can't loose .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Don't like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Anything post 1990 is bollox so no, they wont fill it.

Put Whitesnake in the aviva though, that'd be something to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Kind of band that Pat Kenny would make an effort to go out and buy the CD for.

In Golden Discs.

latenia wrote: »
    This is what The Script started as before the record company decided to remarket them as a rock band:

They are the absolute dregs of music and representative of everything that's wrong in the world.
    Wow:eek:

He looks like Mario in the red :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Words that rhyme with script; zipped, tripped, typescript, sideslipped, outstripped, nipped, chipped, horsewhipped. That was more fun than listening to any of their songs

Bit of an over statement perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The singer has a very big head for the size of his body.

That song "For the First Time" wrecks my head, always seems to go through my head for hours on end if I hear it even once. Just go away! :mad:
    This is what The Script started as before the record company decided to remarket them as a rock band
    Jaysus I remember that! Didn't know it was them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

should have known :rolleyes: bigger gimps than i realized.

what i did know was that they're one of them boy bands disguised as a rock group, like Maroon 5 just take one singer with heartthrob potential and put him in front of content-to-be jobbing musicians
    mle1324 wrote: »
    Over rated...they'll never be as big as U2.
    nice one captain obvious :rolleyes: will anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Bit of an over statement perhaps?

If anything I was understating the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They are a good pop-rock band.
    They weren't *changed* by a record company at all, I saw them in the Sugar Club about 4 years ago and they sounded as they do now, in fact they played "we cry" and a few other songs off their first album that night, they were unsigned at the time too.
    Two of them were in a boy band when they were kids, so what. They make decent radio friendly music, it's not world changing stuff but it's good at what it does. Musically Danny and Mark are very good musicians, song writers and producers, both worked as full time writers and producers for years in the US and their Drummer, Glenn, is one of the best sessions drummers in Europe and has worked in just about every top studio in Europe.

They aren't claiming to be deep and meaningful and thought provoking, so what's the problem?

Typical Irish begrudgery in full flow in this thread tbh.

They *might* sell out Lansdown Road and if they do, fair play to them.

[edit]

also, it's FU*KING LANSDOWN ROAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Unimaginative tripe, cashing in on the naivety of fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

overrated I think. Cant stand most of their songs.

Boards isn't exactly representive though. I'm sure if I posted a thread about Westlife I would get the same, if not worse, reaction, yet they managed to sell out Croke Park (about 80000 - 85000 people I think) twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i hum along to their songs on the radio. thats as far as my knowledge goes. oh, and the lead singer is a ride. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Boards isn't exactly representive though. I'm sure if I posted a thread about Westlife I would get the same, if not worse, reaction, yet they managed to sell out Croke Park (about 80000 - 85000 people I think) twice.

thats generally more of an indication how fcuking lame you are.

i think these kids could sell out the night... hell why not two; like Bublé. heck before long they'll be able to command a weeklong residency on a whim, like Pestlife.

i hum along to their songs on the radio. thats as far as my knowledge goes. oh, and the lead singer is a ride. :)
    Are you serious?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Are you serious?

god no, i posted that while i was in opposite land, good spotting you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement