Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should A Political Party Have to Name Its Proposed Cabinet Before The election

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

Noreen1 wrote: »
    I didn't regard him highly as a Minister,(I still don't!) precisely because I detested his utterly ruthless treatment of Bridget McCole. To bully a woman into a settlement, on her deathbed, because the HSE failed in its duty of care to it's patients, takes a particular kind of morality - and not one that I would choose to trust with decisions affecting the finances of everyone in this country.

I can see why you would be disappointed over the McCole case but in fairness it would have been easier for him not to take that decision and go the other way. I think he was making a hard nose decision based on the potiental cost. Very cold I know but it takes a bit of guts to do it. Not sure I could. I think he performs well and is a more experienced person now He is really leading FG at the moment. Eithna Kenny seems to be gone shopping for new dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Fitzerb wrote: »
    I can see why you would be disappointed over the McCole case but in fairness it would have been easier for him not to take that decision and go the other way. I think he was making a hard nose decision based on the potiental cost. Very cold I know but it takes a bit of guts to do it. Not sure I could. I think he performs well and is a more experienced person now He is really leading FG at the moment. Eithna Kenny seems to be gone shopping for new dresses.

I was more than disappointed. I worked with her daughter, and I could tell you tales that would make your hair curl!

The agony that family went through is indescribable.
    I can understand that he made his decision based on the cost - my issue is the fact that it took a particular kind of (im)morality to take that stance.

I agree that he is a competent Minister - but I don't believe a Country should be Governed with that degree of ruthlessness, particularly since the super rich are being treated so "compassionately":rolleyes: at present.
    It's as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Technocratic Government please.

No, I'm not mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mrrepublic

A reliable FF supporter told me that Brian Cowen would wait and see if he was included in the new front bench before deciding on whether he would run in the next election.
    Also FF would engage very strongly with labour to form the next Goverment, think about it who would have ever tought that FF and the greens pre last election would form the next goverment.

Advertisement