Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favre retires again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He never put in his papers before. This is it, no questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Actually, they were saying that he filed retirement papers before and that filing them still leaves the door open for a player to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lets hope this is it as the man should have retired after the NFC championship game last year. That season proved he still had it, so why try to prove anything else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

I'd say it's a 20/1 shot that he comes back now. If he got fit he could still do a job. I think it's a case of him knowing he can't return to full fitness more than anything else. He was one of the top QB's in the league just one year ago. To say he is finished on anything other than physical issues is wrong. The hate for the man on this message board is absolutley scandalous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lets hope this is it as the man should have retired after the NFC championship game last year. That season proved he still had it, so why try to prove anything else ?

He wasn't trying to prove anything else.

He wanted to keep playing the game he loves and has devoted his life to, and there was a team who were happy to have him to do that in their jersey.

Why don't people understand that? He doesn't care about his legacy or how people view his career. He just wanted to play football. Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    He wasn't trying to prove anything else.

He wanted to keep playing the game he loves and has devoted his life to, and there was a team who were happy to have him to do that in their jersey.
    Why don't people understand that? He doesn't care about his legacy or how people view his career. He just wanted to play football. Simple as that.

And pay him a sh!t lot of money for the pleasure.

Totally agree with your post btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

While this time it probably is it, I still think he'll cause some sort of drama at the start of the season and drop a few hints that he might come back even though he has no intention of playing again.

An interesting point was made on the Football Today podcast on ESPN. One of the presenters said it wouldn't surprise him if there was a lockout and the season was only say 8 games long or something, that BF would consider come back. I don't necessarily agree but it was an interesting point I thought.

Advertisement