Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calender Controversy

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

sorry, going to take this off topic again just for a few minutes.

I received two threatening phone calls on my mobile phone very late last night, around quarter past 11 someone rang me with their number hidden, twice. Then they got up the courage to phone back just after midnight and leave the messages.

The thing about the internet is that you never actually know who you are talking to on these forums, what their work history is, who they might be related to, or have as friends etc. Gards and phone companies can trace phones very, very easily, even with a withheld number, in most cases, obviously they won't bother over messages that were as stupid as the two I got last night but, as I say, as you never quite know who is who on here, maybe they will if asked. Even a prepay mobile, with no history on it, but obviously if the call shows up that it came from a certain area, maybe they would look into tracing ip addresses, which again, is a very easy thing to do.

Now my number is very freely available as it is the rescue's number, and I'm not saying that it was anything to do with this thread, but its never happened before, so lets hope that its just one of those happy coincidences that sometimes occur in life. I won't be pursuing the matter legally, although I have kept the messages, and transferred them onto my pc just in case I accidentally delete them, and if I receive anymore calls like this, then they will be passed onto the gards.:D

But anyway, its obviously nothing to do with this discussion:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

It wasn't me :D - I've got a Cork accent :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

for heavens sake:rolleyes:

I will never understand the mentality of people who do things like that, and why pick on just you ISDW? I would be straight to the guards with it.

Back to topic I thought Ash had 10000 of these calendars printed, not 100% sure but thought that was what I heard. I did wonder at the time how they would ever shift that amount but going to the pubs is a good idea.
    There was a programme some time ago on telly about nuns who go around the pubs raising money for charity.....probably the best place to go in these times!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bessiemae

It's a strange one. I don't find the calendar particularly offensive but nor do I find it artistic or original. To me it just looks like some nice pictures of women in various states of undress who happen to have dogs in them. You could remove the dogs from all of the pictures and it wouldn't really make a difference to the pictures. That's what I find weird about it, why would you want to advertise animal rescue by using pictures where the animals are pretty much irrelevant.
    I also don't really think that the breastfeeding image fits with the tone of the the rest of the pics, which are clearly supposed to be sexy. I mean when you click the link to buy the calendar the tagline is 'Look at these puppies'. :rolleyes:How original.
    And why are there no men in the calendars? I mean they bascially alienated 50% of their market by only including women. ;)

EGAR wrote: »
    It wasn't me :D - I've got a Cork accent :rolleyes:.

But I never said what kind of an accent it was .................

• Advertisement

ISDW wrote: »
    But I never said what kind of an accent it was .................

Ah now, Karen, it was meant as joke in extension of the other thread to lighten to mood. :confused:

EGAR wrote: »
    Ah now, Karen, it was meant as joke in extension of the other thread to lighten to mood. :confused:

And my reply was the same, hence the ..................... your voice was much too high to be this person:D

I've got a cold at present :D.

Seriously though, I've had a few of *those* calls over the years and I cannot take them in any way serious. If you feel the need to hide behind a blocked number and act the maggot on my answer phone than you are naught but a coward!

Advertisement