Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Is Ireland Such A Sh!thole?

Options
  • 02-01-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Just got back from traveling and as soon as I arrived, the first thing I seen were primitive skangers - it's good to be home etc.. Now, I've put some thought into this and I've come to the conclusion that it's our social system letting these "couldn't be bothered to do a days work when theres free money" maggots walk the same streets as regular folk.

Think about it.

The reason Ireland is such a sh!thole is because the burden of society in this country are given the means to live at a similar level as the rest of us, meaning, they are in a good position to impose their values or even their presence in our everyday lives.

People complain that these scumbags are hanging around their neighbourhoods. The reason they're hanging around your neighbourhood for christ sake is because they're given the money to live like you! If not, these sh!t-for-brains (honestly, basic intelligence needs to be beat into certain people) would be living in estates far far away from you.

If there was no social welfare, these people would soon find out how jolly it was to live in a wonderland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

a bit victorian, dont you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

mrs.bucket?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Where you on your 'gap yah'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I agree with you about the amount of skangers. I am also recently back from travelling (including being in many poor countries) and was quickly reminded about Ireland's large skanger population when I got back home.

It's weird. The UK has the same problem too. I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

travel seems to have really opened your mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Gotta keep 'em separated....

I love when people come back from travelling even more bigoted than before. It seems to broaden the mind alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

I agree with you about the amount of skangers. I am also recently back from travelling (including being in many poor countries) and was quickly reminded about Ireland's large skanger population when I got back home.

Its the same in France too...bloody social system.

I bet you never seen scumbags walking the streets in the disadvantaged countries you visited...thats because they're off rotting in some ghetto somewhere leaving the people who actually want to make something of their lives in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

basic intelligence needs to be beat into certain people

Please provide address.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

basic intelligence needs to be beat into certain people

You're right there Ted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This thread is already an early contender for "Most Retarded Thread of 2011".

• Advertisement

should have given them the money you used to go travelling...

now straight to the dole queue with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What is it with some people who return from travelling being realy smug and know it alls?

If you don't like it here then head away to that paradise you've returned from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Maybe we should just shoot them all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

We pretty much copy everything England does regarding social policy including giving scobes an easy life because of our liberal guilt.

We throw free money, travel and housing at the "disadvantaged" hoping they'll actually become worthwhile people while what we're actually doing is showing them that they can be complete wasters and everyone else in society will just prop them up.

It means that a large portion of our (and Englands) population have become a "welfare class" who are shameless in their utter shiftlessness and laziness and disregard for the rules of normal society basically because we pay them to be scumbags and turn a blind eye to their transgressions.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Maybe we should just shoot them all?

Thats a bit extreme.

I'd settle for no social welfare. The only people who should receive state aid should be those with illnesses, children and the elderly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I bet you never seen scumbags walking the streets in the disadvantaged countries you visited...

Yes I did*, they had machetes and raped every woman they saw of different ethnicity.

*In a film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

When are you off again?

We could have a whip-around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Thats a bit extreme.

I'd settle for no social welfare. The only people who should receive state aid should be those with illnesses, children and the elderly.
    You would have to sterilize some people though surely? Or else all the skangers will have even more kids.

Am I doing this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Just got back from traveling and as soon as I arrived, the first thing I seen were primitive skangers - it's good to be home etc.. Now, I've put some thought into this and I've come to the conclusion that it's our social system letting these "couldn't be bothered to do a days work when theres free money".

A traveller calling someone who gets 'free' money a skanger eh? Kettle calling the teapot black hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Because Ireland is full of people that travel around the world sleeping in train stations for a month and then come back and complain about everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Problems only getting worse. They are out breeding the normal people down my way by some distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Thats a bit extreme.

Do you understand that the 'scumbags hanging around the neighbourhoods' will be stabbing you for your shopping or a fiver if there is no welfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

If there was no social welfare, these people would soon find out how jolly it was to live in a wonderland.

you blame social welfare for scumbags :confused: there is extensive social welfare systems in norway, sweden and finland but those places have a distinct lack of scumbags, there is no social welfare system in somalia and yeah that place is doing fine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

people let themselves go. i do look down on the folk who adopted the chav culture from UK, hell sometimes i just want to slam a brick into the back of their skulls n sweep em off these irish streets but the sad fact is these kids are disillusioned emselves with being born into it as the norm as 3rd/4th gen by now, and going mental for it. you have to consider thats why they're so upset/disenfranchised/demasculinized, left on a permanent comedown from MDMA, mechanic metronomes and diva acapellas n left wondering just where do they go from here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Do you understand that the 'scumbags hanging around the neighbourhoods' will be stabbing you for your shopping or a fiver if there is no welfare?

What's their reason for doing it now, when there is welfare?

Will they still be given comedy-sentences like they get now for being "disadvantaged"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I live in Toronto and one thing I really don't miss about Dublin is the skangers. In fact, the longer I live here, the more I'm frustrated at how we tolerate this kind of **** in our own cities. I lived in Crumlin / Dolphin's Barn in Dublin. Anywhere there's a shop or garage, there are skangers. They're badly dressed, and exhibit generally intimidatory behaviour. They simply have no conception of how to behave. They are allowed to get away with their disgusting rattish behaviour because there is no will to prosecute anti-social behaviour in Ireland. It's just not there. A problem we have in Dublin is that the majority of our police come from outside of Dublin; they often work in disadvantaged areas and are not motivated to develop intelligent policing solutions to anti-social behaviour.
    In the 90s, when drug abuse and related crime was out of control, it was left to local groups to stand up to drug addicts and dealers in their areas. The Gardai did not fulfill their responsibilities in this way; they failed to protect citizens. They only began to take the problem seriously when local activists started to take control of the situation for themselves. The Gardai weren't worried about drug use or crime; they were worried about saving face. They continue to fail today. I believe a large component of that failure stems from the fact that police officers in areas such as Ballyfermot, Ballymun, Dolphin's Barn, Crumlin, Tallaght etc aren't from those areas - and simply don't care enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭amacca

It means that a large portion of our (and Englands) population have become a "welfare class" who are shameless in their utter shiftlessness and laziness and disregard for the rules of normal society basically because we pay them to be scumbags and turn a blind eye to their transgressions.

I mostly agree strangely enough.....we may not pay for them but we definitely seem to subsidise their lifestyles to a certain extent.

I'd have no problem with the payments at all though if their "transgressions" were dealt with more effectively so they could'nt "disregard for the rules of normal society"

I think the transgressions should go hand in hand with a reduction in payment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭amacca

I believe a large component of that failure stems from the fact that police officers in areas such as Ballyfermot, Ballymun, Dolphin's Barn, Crumlin, Tallaght etc aren't from those areas - and simply don't care enough.

Perhaps...but there are some very good reasons for not having exclusively or indeed a large proportion of "local police" for "local people"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

How is Ireland such a sh1thole?

Because you came back?

• Advertisement

amacca wrote: »
    Perhaps...but there are some very good reasons for not having exclusively or indeed a large proportion of "local police" for "local people"

To be fair, I think more direct action would be performed by Gardai from that particular area. They would know the location and be aware of its problems. There is also a deep need for community policing in Ireland such as a Neighbourhood Watch program, something future Governments need to consider.

A complete reform in how our police service operates is a long overdue necessity in this country. These animals feel they own the place and rightly so when we have a service this bad. In my estimation, Gards should be armed to deter criminals from committing offenses.

Advertisement