Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Maybe we should round up a search party and comb the Phoenix Park, in case she's doing an Extra Long Run????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Wowsers. How did I miss this?? I was expecting this bad boy to be buried at page 22 by the time I managed to get my ass in gear and out for a run. But no, my fans have kept it well and truly lit out of pure concern. I feel like an honorary leader from Operation Transformation. Like the best most popular one. However having read through the multitude of posts since my last one on Monday I feel like I must explain myself and my absence… Unfortunately for me, the imbecile from Limerick most closely deduced my whereabouts, much as I am wishing with every ounce of my being that Ainman’s speculation was the accurate one…Damn.

Didn’t get out at lunch on Tuesday for the planned 4miles because work was so so busy. I was a veritable thundering b***h for the day so when we eventually got out after 10, it wasn’t difficult to talk me out of a run and into a bucket of pinot grigio. :o Don’t judge me. I was a woman on the edge. The emotional instability was exhibited full swing - exhibit A ":D:mad::(:D:(:mad::D"

Looks like there’s no hope of excusing myself from Connemara now…there was a reason why I decided not to tell any friends, family or colleagues about my illusions of marathon grandeur…and that was so I could quietly slink away into the shadows of failure and not sent to judgment hell! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Everyone needs a few days off, your training has been great, you'll be grand! :)
    There are definitely days of training when you don't feel the best or the most motivated, but it does come full circle.
    Hang on in there missus :cool:

Tuesday 25th Jan
    See above….didn’t happen...

Wednesday 26th Jan
    Planned to redeem myself and go out and bang out 8 X 6min miles or something along those lines but the shins gave up after about 2miles and I struggles the next 2.5 home. I am 110% certain that it was dehydration resulting from the previous night’s antics. My muscles felt like they could literally snap into a million little pieces.
    So 4.5 horrible miles in total. Big lesson learned – not only did I miss one day’s training, I ruined the next. Oops. :o

Thursday 27th Jan
    I couldn’t show my ugly face around these parts without getting a few more miles in this week so I ran to work this morning.
    6.4miles – around 9.10 pace I’d say – haven’t got the lead for the garmin in the office. It wasn’t overly impressive or enjoyable. I learning this lesson the hard way. :D

Gonna belt around the block tonight – about 2.5miles just to stretch the legs before I ball up with a tub of ice cream in the cinema…

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

claralara wrote: »
    6.4miles – around 9.10 pace I’d say – haven’t got the lead for the garmin in the office.

If you have a 305, you can go into Training - History - By Day, and see your distance, time, and pace without having to upload the run.

• Advertisement

You're so funny, you miss ONE days training and you're beating yourself up over it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I was a veritable thundering b***h for the day I was a woman on the edge. The emotional instability was exhibited full swing - exhibit A ":D:mad::(:D:(:mad::D"

And this differs from a normal day because?

RayCun wrote: »
    If you have a 305, you can go into Training - History - By Day, and see your distance, time, and pace without having to upload the run.

Thanks Ray, I only have the playskool 110 though. I think my garmin purchasing advisor took one look and thought "the fewer buttons, the better"...:rolleyes:
    jcsmum wrote: »
    You're so funny, you miss ONE days training and you're beating yourself up over it. :D

It wasn't the missed day as such; more what replaced the planned training. As admitted earlier - the bucket of wine. And as concealed up to now - the pizza that followed the wine and the gin and tonics that followed the pizza...:D
    mrslow wrote: »
    And this differs from a normal day because?

BECAUSE I SAID SO! FINE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    Thursday 27th Jan
    I couldn’t show my ugly face around these parts without getting a few more miles in this week so I ran to work this morning.

Now you are just rewarding their behaviour and they will continue to harass/encourage you!

I couldn’t show my ugly face around these parts

Admitting you have a problem is the first step...

• Advertisement

maria74 wrote: »
    Now you are just rewarding their behaviour and they will continue to harass/encourage you!

I'm like a thick child falling for reverse psychology :confused:
    mrslow wrote: »
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step...

When you decide to take the first step I'm you will have plenty of no one around to support you. I look forward to pointing and laughing.

When you decide to take the first step I'm you will have plenty of no one around to support you. I look forward to pointing and laughing.

Yes dear, everyone else has the problem, not you;)

Where are you doing your LSR? I'm going to do 8 or 10 myself tomorrow - will probably head to Marlay if you're interested in meeting up.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jcsmum wrote: »
    Where are you doing your LSR? I'm going to do 8 or 10 myself tomorrow - will probably head to Marlay if you're interested in meeting up.

Might be interested in that as part of a 15-16 miler...

Show-off :p

I was intending leaving my house, going to Marlay (3 miles), then a lap or two of there (2 miles per lap) and then the 3 miles home.
    I'd try to go as early as I can. 9am?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds good, can nap after :)

I was hoping to get out after work this evening (work permitting) to try give the legs a little rest before Sunday and maybe have a little extra sleep in the morning...it's been so long!! :( If I don't get out I'll join yee in the morning. I'll let yee know :)

I was hoping to get out after work this evening (work permitting) to try give the legs a little rest before Sunday and maybe have a little extra sleep in the morning...it's been so long!! :( If I don't get out I'll join yee in the morning. I'll let yee know :)

Grand

Hope you had a nice run this morning girls, I had a wonderfiul sleep :D

Friday 28th Jan
    The garmin died at 8 miles and I thought I took a few roads that would bring me bang on to 10. Unfortunately my inner radar was off and I only covered another 1.75. Grrr.
    9.75 miles - Av Pace (for first 8) 9.19
    A little fast for my LSR but it wasn't a very long LSR so it's grand. I was going to just run around town but decided I needed to put in a bit of effort this week so I went out towards UCD and took in Fosters Ave/Mount Anville road (bleugh bleugh bleugh!) - it was worth it though to run down Taney Hill :) So there were a few little hills (churchtown/milltown) thrown in on what would have otherwise been a ridiculoulsy lazy run!

My legs are so heavy and dead today. I think there'll have to be an hour of foam rolling torture this evening. Some retail therapy should prepare me for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I went out towards UCD and took in Fosters Ave/Mount Anville road (bleugh bleugh bleugh!) - it was worth it though to run down Taney Hill :) So there were a few little hills (churchtown/milltown) thrown in on what would have otherwise been a ridiculoulsy lazy run!

Respect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good luck tomorrow - hope you get the goody bag with the packets of Foxes Classics!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

shazkea wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow - hope you get the goody bag with the packets of Foxes Classics!!

Don't forget the purple Snacks....;)

Raheny 5 – 42.31
    5 mile PB – not an amazing time but I think we’ve discovered I am not a fast runner. I will be though. Sometime. :rolleyes:

Nothing overly exciting to report. I was totally disoriented because I don’t know that area at all so I didn’t know what to expect except that the last mile was mildly uphill as I had driven by the marker on the way in. Many thanks to the punter who ran alongside me for the first 15 minutes and then decided to take a step or two ahead and send a snot rocket back my way…nice. My legs were pretty heavy between miles 3-4 but I found a little bit of strength to get up the hill at mile 4 and then go for the 300m sprint finish. I dropped a few of the boozehounds to the pub but l just went on home to say a decade of the rosary and have an early night…:)

I started the Garmin a little late so it only clocked 4.96 miles but I’ll share the details anyway – 42.12 mins / Av Pace 8.30
    1 8.31
    2 8.34
    3 8.23
    4 8.42
    5 8.10 (obviously not the full mile)
    Ah, tis respectable enough for me.

Looking back at the strong-ish finish, I wonder could / should I have pushed myself harder?! I didn’t think so at the time but the 20/20 hindsight vision says otherwise now. So I’ve decided that the goal after Connemara will be to blow that 5mile time out of the water – remove the ugly number 2 from the time and replace it with a 0…hello high hopes – nice to meet you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great run yesterday claralara :) Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Nice to meet you yesterday.
    I'm sure once you finish the marathon training, do some shorter, faster work, you'll be well capable of a time that begins with a 3...

Super run & super time. Well done you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Well done Clara. great run and great time! And I am smiling/sniggering a little...all the encouragement-bullying-intimidation from certain group seems to be working. You were worrying about marathon training not long ago and now you are planning your speed runs for when marathon training over!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Very impressed at you going home from a pub early...:p

Nice run there with a sprint finish as well; great running

Plan Week 5 /14
    Monday Stretch & Strength
    Tuesday 4 miles
    Wednesday 7 miles
    Thursday 4 miles
    Friday 3 miles
    Saturday Rest
    Sunday LSR 16 miles

Tomorrow and Wednesday have to have to be pre-work runs so I'm writing it now to get me out of bed in the morning. It's gonna be very cold...Brrr :(

I have to go to Wexford on Friday night so will miss the group run on Saturday. 16 solo miles worries me but it might be a good thing... I might stay in Wexford on Saturday if there's no one running on Sunday and get the run done down there for a bit of variety. Or maybe I'll just come home just in case I pass out with no one to rescue me. Hmmm.

Also LSR will have to be early-ish as I'm going abseiling for the afternoon..don't ask! We thought it was a brilliantly hilarious idea for one of the girl's birthdays a few weeks ago...doesn't seem so entertaining now. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

110 miles for January...can I call myself a runner now?!! :D

Advertisement