Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

showit wrote: »
    thanks for asking - im up to 1mile ( without stopping )

Good man, before Christmas you couldn't walk up the stairs without puking ;)

Was out this afternoon for a stroll....10.5 miles at 9:35 pace.....Plan now until the race on Saturday is to do some easy 3 milers. Saturday's race is graded 7 out of 10 for difficulty based on terrain and altitude climbed I assume....

3.06 miles this evening at 8:00 minute pace...I went around a few frosty corners getting ready for my ski trip :eek: Felt a twinge in my back this morning and after the run it felt worse....I've iced it and put Voltarol on it but feels dodgy...So, we'll see how it is in the morning!

"Do double chins run in your family?.....Oh, wait, no one runs in your family" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Felt a twinge in my back this morning and after the run it felt worse....

Only one thing for it - you're going to have to come sit at my desk and breathe in the healing properties from the stench of my stale sweat..:)

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    Only one thing for it - you're going to have to come sit at my desk and breathe in the healing properties from the stench of my stale sweat..:)

Now yer talkin' ;)

So, having pulled a muscle in my back a couple of days ago and despite lots of icing and Voltarol it just wasn't right and I decided not to do today's mountain race.....I set my alarm and got up at 7.30 and gave it 30 mins to see if it loosened up, it did somewhat but just not enough especially with the terrain I was due to run on AND the ski holiday fast approaching.

Later on I stretched out more whilst watching King Kenny guide the Reds to an away win....Not many of them in recent times - This afternoon the itch to run got too much and I headed out to do a 3 mile 'loosener'...I ended up doing 6.81 in 8:58 per mile...back feels much better but two nights bad sleep because of it are now catching up.

Strange week for me......I didn't run today as was shattered from three nights broken sleep due to the back niggle....I'm really disappointed I missed the Mountain Race yesterday but I had a few 'twinges' today so I suspect I made the correct decision!

So, detail for the week as follows.....

Weekly mileage 27:06 miles - 4 Runs

Month To Date 102:34 miles - 15 runs

Still not entirely sure of my short or long term plans....Still considering taking a 'Charity' entry to the Connemarathon, also contemplating Berlin and sandwiched in between is an inkling to do the second WAR race in June....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

You coming to Mallow?

Plus there's 2 x n's in Connemara!

mrslow wrote: »
    You coming to Mallow?

Plus there's 2 x n's in Connemara!

Eh, I think you'll find I edited my spelling error before you edited your post ;)

What's in Mallow?

• Advertisement

Eh, I think you'll find I edited my spelling error before you edited your post ;)

What's in Mallow?

10 mile race on the 27th March, Myself, RK, Meno, Chinguetti, Brian, and Claralara are getting the train down, setting pb's and going on the lash, back home the same day!:D

10 mile race on the 27th March, Myself, RK, Meno, Chinguetti, Brian, and Claralara are getting the train down, setting pb's and going on the lash, back home the same day!:D

With that motley crew I may just have to join in.....

With that motley crew I may just have to join in.....

Good man!

Good man!

Only €15 online entry sounds good....Haven't been on a train in Ireland for about....Well....Let's not mention how long ;) I assume it's Heuston to Mallow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Only €15 online entry sounds good....Haven't been on a train in Ireland for about....Well....Let's not mention how long ;) I assume it's Heuston to Mallow...

Yep it's on the penultimate stop on the cork route. We should be able to prebook the tickets on the internet for €20 return.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yep it's on the penultimate stop on the cork route. We should be able to prebook the tickets on the internet for €20 return.

Yep, went on to check prices and availability but it doesn't let you book more than 28 days in advance ...wtf?? Anyway, this seems like a good plan....

Race @ €15
    Train @ €20
    Food @ €10
    Drink @ €30*

*(Please note this covers the cost of drink for normal people but excludes menoscemo and briantherunner)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What is this route like? This sounds a lot more tempting than running Wicklow half on my toblerone. Though, if I go to Wicklow I'll be back in Ryans warming the seats before you guys get there!
    Yep, went on to check prices and availability but it doesn't let you book more than 28 days in advance ...wtf?? Anyway, this seems like a good plan....

Race @ €15
    Train @ €20
    Food @ €10
    Drink @ €30*

*(Please note this covers the cost of drink for normal people but excludes menoscemo and briantherunner)

A real sign of my lack of attendance since DCM when I'm no longer considered in the same ranks as Brian. :(

Race @ €15
    Train @ €20
    Food @ €10
    Drink @ €30*

What is this route like? This sounds a lot more tempting than running Wicklow half on my toblerone. Though, if I go to Wicklow I'll be back in Ryans warming the seats before you guys get there!

A real sign of my lack of attendance since DCM when I'm no longer considered in the same ranks as Brian. :(

Jebas, I mention a mere €30 for drink for the night and RacoonQueen is all over my log ;):D

It's very flat by all accounts. Also the good news is they sell booze on the train* :pac:

* only relevant for the way back of course

Jebas, I mention a mere €30 for drink for the night and RacoonQueen is all over my log ;):D

€30 for the night? That's just a few hours drinkin'
    It's very flat by all accounts. Also the good news is they sell booze on the train* :pac:

* only relevant for the way back of course

hmmm...I could always throw in an extra 3.1 miles(or not), 10 miles doesn't really fit the plan. I hate racing on Sundays.

• Advertisement

hmmm...I could always throw in an extra 3.1 miles(or not), 10 miles doesn't really fit the plan.

Since when did you train to a plan? :P

Since when did you train to a plan? :P

I followed plans once, I gave up when the powers that be decided they just like to laugh at my disastrous luck. Mallow is 3 weeks before Antwerp thats the week that stupid things happen. I'll probably fall off the train or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

What is this route like?

Starts, finishes and you register from 3 diff places. Its essentially a lap of the racecourse and a bit more in town. Very few major uphills, definitely a pb course. Its possibly the fastest 10 miler in Ireland, probably cause of the 80m net downhill :D

Guys discount codes for trains come up on here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70004313

i use them (well used to use them :rolleyes:) all the time. Book them as soon as they are available cause all the cheap ones go quickly as there is only a certain number of cheap ones. You could always get Aimman to be the designated driver :p (again)

Hope your all hanging around till the last train, i'm flying back at 9.30pm from shannon that night, somebody will be sh*gged in work the next day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Hope you're feeling better today

jcsmum wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better today

Getting there thanks...Taking some painkillers/anti-inflamms so hoping I'll be back to normal tomorrow :)

So, following the back problem I decided to dip my toe again but once out there I got different ideas and ended up doing 13.4 miles at 9:10 pace....Pretty tired now and the legs feel dead! But I'm sure it will stand to me.....:)

Plan to start the skiing exercises tomorrow to get those quads nice and solid ;)

Didn't get around to updating yesterday but I did a recovery run of 4.63 miles at 9:13 pace...Up early this morning for golf with a scratchy throat...Developing into man flu :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Up early this morning for golf with a scratchy throat...Developing into man flu :mad:

Tough life. With the likes of you and meno acting like cowboys, this country is never gonna get back on it's feet!

claralara wrote: »
    Tough life. With the likes of you and meno acting like cowboys, this country is never gonna get back on it's feet!

I appreciate your concern for my wellbeing:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I appreciate your concern for my wellbeing:P

She's only typing what we're all thinking!

On second thoughts if you have contracted the deadly man-flu virus you really should cancel your skiing trip. :rolleyes:;)

Advertisement