Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you still find snow and ice interesting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I'm in my 20's and for me i am too old to be out making snowmen and running around in the snow.

Well I'm in my 30s and I'm not too old for snowmen or snowball fights :D
    But i do have to wonder why so many people on here want more and more. They must not be affected by the snow

Well I was affected by the snow - my (really old) house was unbearably cold (no central heating) but I used extra blankets and hot water bottles.
    Also I stayed with my brother at Christmas and we were without water for several days. But I still love the snow.
    i also wonder why they want more when they are sitting on here posting updates every 2 minutes. If you love snowfall so much shouldn't you be out in it?

TBH a lot of people have mobile devices nowadays and can post while they're on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Well I'm in my 30s and I'm not too old for snowmen or snowball fights :D

If i had kids i'd probably feel different about it. But i couldn't imagine texting mates asking them to come out for a snowball fight or asking for help with a snowman.

Well I was affected by the snow - my (really old) house was unbearably cold (no central heating) but I used extra blankets and hot water bottles.
    Also I stayed with my brother at Christmas and we were without water for several days. But I still love the snow.

More so meant financially. A lot of businesses lost money, even part timers were told there was no need to come in. Taxi drivers and pubs also as less people were out. Also taking almost 3 hours to get home when it normally takes 30 minutes. I just can't imagine many people coming home hoping for more snow when they are down money or just got home at 9 when finishing work at 5. And if did i just don't see how it could be worth it.

TBH a lot of people have mobile devices nowadays and can post while they're on the go.

I doubt people are running around in the snow with gloves on posting on boards.ie about charts and raintoday radars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Technically, yes, practically, no. I've done it for very short responses, it's not comfortable and there are other difficulties too that may frustrate.

Advertisement