Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting in New Years Eve

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

For feck sake. Was listening to the RTÉ "live" stream for the countdown, and then realised it had a ten second delay. Worst New Years Ever :(

If only the rest of their news reporting was that accurate... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I'm at home alone with my cats. Had a row with the boyfriend and he stormed off with the bottle of vodka we were supposed to share :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For feck sake. Was listening to the RTÉ "live" stream for the countdown, and then realised it had a ten second delay. Worst New Years Ever :(
    I was in a pub 3 - 4 years ago for New Year's, and the band played through 12am..

.. and kept playing til 12:10am despite the crowd of people shouting at them.

And it's a wonder I don't go out for New Years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Girlfriend is asleep after a 13 hour shift. So I'm finishing the bottle of wine and watching Scarface.

Plan to go out either tomorrow or Sunday if I can find anyone who has money left.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Happy New Year to you all, from the comfort of my couch and the bottom of my glass. Grand New Years spent at home. Watched Shooter with Mark Wahlberg. New Years eve well spent IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Its just another night to me, havent gone out for New Years in about 10 years. Went for a drive, first night in about 10 days that I havent had a drink so I needed a change! Now I have to try calm the dog down, his ticker is going 90 from trying to bark at fireworks from 4 different directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

A quiet night to be had couple drinks with the missus which we have now both decided that as of 26th Dec this year we are going away for a week :D.Christmas and new year has defo lost its magic imo so its off to the sun next year please god.Happy new year to All.
    ps im gonna book tomorow before she changes her mind and blames the drink:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

AndyKiely wrote: »
    Happy New Year to you all, from the comfort of my couch and the bottom of my glass. Grand New Years spent at home. Watched Shooter with Mark Wahlberg. New Years eve well spent IMO

I missed Shooter? Damn, any excuse for Marky Mark and explosions!

MediumWell wrote: »
    I missed Shooter? Damn, any excuse for Marky Mark and explosions!

Dude I know! Serious flick. First time watching it. Think I'm developing an unhealthy (or healthy, whichever way you look at it) man crush on Marky Mark :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

No one sits in on NYE by choice ffs.

• Advertisement

m@cc@ wrote: »

Jesus what unbridled ignorance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Watched the Hoff live from Berlin and the first 2 X-Men movies. Not a bad old night. It was a shame I couldn't drink some cans while doing this because of sickness. On the bright side I already see some people moaning on the facebook about how **** the night was in town.

I agree. We should all decide to go out and splash what little cash we have thanks to economic issues, staying in on NYE is something you obviously don't do by choice.

It's something that some other worldly force makes us do as punishment?

I could not have been happier with NYE. Few beers a couple of flicks, by my own choice. You know what. I work have to fcuking starve now next week because I have money to spend on food and money to spend on getting to work.

So excuse me if I decide to sit in on NYE instead of going to some over crowded shambles of a bar to celebrate something meaningless.

Jesus what unbridled ignorance!

You don't visit AH often do you? Amateur! :D

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Watched the Hoff live from Berlin and the first 2 X-Men movies. Not a bad old night. It was a shame I couldn't drink some cans while doing this because of sickness. On the bright side I already see some people moaning on the facebook about how **** the night was in town.

Paying 20 quid into some pretensious kip to be given the honour of paying for vastly overpriced drink and the obligitory 20 minute wait at the bar, then the wait for a taxi, I don't think so haha that's what losers do! Winners stay in! :D:D:D

You don't visit AH often do you? Amateur! :D

I'm more into Weather and Paranormal myself! :D:D:D:D:D Last time I was in AH, you couldn't say you had a sore arse without "YORE MA", being dragged into it!

AndyKiely wrote: »
    I agree. We should all decide to go out and splash what little cash we have thanks to economic issues, staying in on NYE is something you obviously don't do by choice.

It's something that some other worldly force makes us do as punishment?

I could not have been happier with NYE. Few beers a couple of flicks, by my own choice. You know what. I work have to fcuking starve now next week because I have money to spend on food and money to spend on getting to work.

So excuse me if I decide to sit in on NYE instead of going to some over crowded shambles of a bar to celebrate something meaningless.

So you're suggesting economic forces are at work? i.e. staying in not by your own choice?

So you're suggesting economic forces are at work? i.e. staying in not by your own choice?

Yes of course! Was totally agreeing with your post. It was the work of the economy that kept me in. That and the fact I didn't want to go out. If the funds were there, who knows? :P

Advertisement