Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left for dead 2...any players?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I made a group on steam for a small group of people I know and/or are from Boards for L4D2-- if you see anyone online in this group, they have L4D2 and may be up for a game. If you don't wanna do that, message me and I'll try to get something going.

It's invite only, so after awhile we'll all kinda know each other, which I think is nicer than playing with strangers, at least in a game like L4D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yeah, knowing the guys your playing with makes a big difference in L4D2.

Would you mind if I invited another Boardsie that won't see this in here? He's a good guy :)

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Yeah, knowing the guys your playing with makes a big difference in L4D2.

Would you mind if I invited another Boardsie that won't see this in here? He's a good guy :)

Invite anyone you want, as long as they have L4D2 and are sound and up for playing they're welcome. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heh, I finished off that game in Parish. It was really close (due to 2 pubs practically jumping off the bridge on my team..), and we were the Infected. It looked like we were about to lose, so naturally 2 of the pubs ragequit. Within 30 seconds, I spawned as a tank, and incapped 3 people at once with a car.

Screenie:
    109469857-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Damnit - you guys are making this sound like too much fun. Going to have to buy this game now.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

anyone got any recommendation for the rock concert chapter....i can only complete that on easy...anything above that and its a fail for the most part...

is it better to all stick together and climb the lighting rigs, stay on seperate lighting rigs, stay on the stage area, stay over where the chopper comes...any recommendations....i tried fecken everything except what works...i know it depends on the team but i have been playing with some pretty good players and it turns into a fail most times...

At the end of Dark Carnival, basically just stick together (like always, running away from the pack is a very stupid idea in L4D2!), and where you are doesn't matter; I tend to like to have my back to a wall so I stay up top, above the stairs where the wall is kind of in an [ shape (but horizontally.. hopefully you know what I'm talking about), keep my back to the corner, and it's all gravy from there. Collect molotovs along the way to set the tanks alight when they come, makes the job a lot easier.

Never go in too confined an area or too open one, and if possible keep your back to walls or corners.

Most important of all, keep communication lines open with your teammates and try to intuit what they're doing/going to do.

I like taking a platform for the of Dark Carnival, 2 on top platform, 2 on bottom platform, bottom two get supplies or any running work, and are covered by the two on top. Top and bottom swap when more ammo is needed :)

Game last night was good fun - Fancy a go of The Sacrifice tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll try and play, hopefully I'll have a better ping. Kinda nightmare-ish last night.

I'm game as always.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Willburtino won't suffer a heart attack in a lift this time...

Was a serious 'Wtf!?!?! But we just got past all the bad guys!?!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I would be up for a game sometime :)

Steam name is Cravez

name change...now 'falls' on steam...

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Hopefully Willburtino won't suffer a heart attack in a lift this time...

Was a serious 'Wtf!?!?! But we just got past all the bad guys!?!'

That was funny as hell. I got stuck climbing up beside the elevator, and then Francis just died for no obvious reason.

I don't suppose there's anyone up for a game now, I didn't get a chance to play last night and am craving a game but there's not many on my steam list at the moment..

Can't atm, at college so no games =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Anyone have this for Xbox - played it on my friend's and loved it, but have no interest in playing alone on campaign mode so didn't buy it, I would do though if there were a few interested in campaign mode or online play or whatever on Xbox? Tag: iawaitdeathirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

I have it on Xbox, missing 4 acheivements I think. I still play versus a lot for fun. Add me gt HooterSnout and add a message like boards.ie or something.

okay i need help. i have got a bit better at this but and its a big but

always seem to wind up with a couple of french dudes who feck off on solo runs for some reason. teamwork not a big thing in france it appears....

any chance i could ask 3 other players to assist in the rock concert and the boat escape episode on the higher levels to show me how it should be done?

also whats the trick to killing the tank with a melee weapon...always seem to get a right good kicking when i try that.

okay i need help. i have got a bit better at this but and its a big but

always seem to wind up with a couple of french dudes who feck off on solo runs for some reason. teamwork not a big thing in france it appears....

any chance i could ask 3 other players to assist in the rock concert and the boat escape episode on the higher levels to show me how it should be done?

also whats the trick to killing the tank with a melee weapon...always seem to get a right good kicking when i try that.
    Easiest way to get Tank Burger is to wait until the Mutation that only allows the use of the Chainsaw, it'll take it down pretty quick. They are going through the original mutations again now, so it should come back up eventually.

• Advertisement

I'll help you with the rock concert etc. I haven't played for awhile due to a lot of stuff going on but I'd like to get playing again.

thanks liah...anything above the normal setting...and im toast...much appreciate the help

and denny, i take it going at a tank with a club or a machete or an axe is a bad idea? ;)

have not tried the golf club yet however...

i do like the sniper rifles they seem to go thru a few Z at a time, strangely satisfying...

thanks liah...anything above the normal setting...and im toast...much appreciate the help

and denny, i take it going at a tank with a club or a machete or an axe is a bad idea? ;)

have not tried the golf club yet however...

i do like the sniper rifles they seem to go thru a few Z at a time, strangely satisfying...
    Mainly cause nobody can shoot it, everyone has to use a melee, or just not shoot it. I mean if you wanna try and solo the tank with the machete, fire ahead :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Try this site

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/left-4-dead-2/guide/

"" TANK BURGER 30
    Kill a Tank with melee weapons.

This may be a little tricky, but it is possible with several human players. Make sure everyone on your team has a melee weapon, if there are any AI players change the difficulty to expert and kill them. Change the difficulty back to Easy/Normal and make your way through whichever level/finale you decide to do this one.

Once a tank shows up make sure everyone uses a melee weapon. Once the tank has been killed the achievement will unlock. If a single player fires a bullet at the tank you will have to try on another run.""

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

steam name: sickhorse

not really into versus, but advanced or expert in either l4d or lfd2 would be awesome :)

So anyone play the Cold Stream map yet? Played versus a few times with some friends, it was awful but hilarious. This is from playing it with them, guy got so close then BAM!

Advertisement