Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

i just cant see nate winning this fight. i just don't rate him.

ive a fiver double on liverpool win and john fitch, that'll be it for me, too hard to call the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think it'll be a comfortable points win for the cowboy

this thread has really come to life for this one
    great to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

By no way a Lesner fan but got on at 11/8 and Fitch 2/5 double in barone fingers crossed Lesner's wrestling is 10/10 tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

I've got cerrone to win on points at 2/1 and a small double on Fitch and Matyushenko.
    Fitch a cert in my opinion and while I'm not overly confident on Maty at 11/4 he is a bit overpriced I think.

Also did Lesnar at 13/10

Absoloute morto, 100% of my picks wrong. I didn't think John Fitch could be ko'd even if he got hit with a steel bar....:eek:
    A stinky weekend for gambling between the ufc and premiership shocks!!(at least for me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

I am never betting on UFC fights again.

Who would have predicted the results from UFC 141.

Lesnar didn't even try for a takedown, Cerrone fought like a first timer and even good old reliable Jon Fitch didn't deliver a decision as usual.

While the favourites usually do win, there is no guarantee that any particular fight will go any particular way.

I guess that's what makes it so interesting and enjoyable to watch.

As another post said, when you put two guys in a cage, anything can happen on any given Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

loremolis wrote: »
    Who would have predicted the results from UFC 141.

www.cagewager.co.uk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

CageWager wrote: »
    Fair play. My only bet was a €10 stake on Diaz. Never bet against the Diaz brothers!

Undercard Value for UFC 142:

Carlo Prater by Submission <versus Erick Silva> (6/1 with Paddy Power)

Yuri Alcantara by KO <versus Michihiro Omigawa> (11/2 with Paddy Power)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

What price is Belfort? With word of Johnson being sick I'm thinking of lumping a chunk of money on a Vitor win.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Stephen_King

ShagNastii wrote: »
    What price is Belfort? With word of Johnson being sick I'm thinking of lumping a chunk of money on a Vitor win.

10/13 on boylesports down from 6/5. I was thinking of the same thing but don't have any chunks to spare :)

• Advertisement

I think there are too many unknows to back either belfort or johnson at this stage. Maybe AJ will be fooked from the weight cut, but if he can rehydrate and not be too badly hampered by the cut he's going to be huge. (he just weighed in at 204 a couple of hrs ago). I've already backed Belfort but I wont be putting any more on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Terry Etim at 2/1 is a great price in my opinion.
    It's a pity I'm flat broke and can't bet on anything! But if I was betting I think that's where I'd be putting my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Dean09 wrote: »
    Terry Etim at 2/1 is a great price in my opinion.
    It's a pity I'm flat broke and can't bet on anything! But if I was betting I think that's where I'd be putting my money.
    Ya i think hes good value too, have him at 9/4 in a treble with Ednaldo Oliveira and Alcantara.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Ya i think hes good value too, have him at 9/4 in a treble with Ednaldo Oliveira and Alcantara.

If you're only getting 9/4 for a treble ,why not bet on him on his own at 2/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

loremolis wrote: »
    If you're only getting 9/4 for a treble ,why not bet on him on his own at 2/1?
    Meant Etim was 9/4, the treble is just over 9s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

10/13 on boylesports down from 6/5. I was thinking of the same thing but don't have any chunks to spare :)

4/5 on PP. 13/10 to win by KO, nom nom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

My first one on accumulator came in :P

188498.png

Bit of a long shot, but I'd be laughing if they came in :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Good luck with that one! :pac:

Well thats that fúcked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I put €10 on Sonnen @1/5, €8 on Demian Maia @5/4 and then an accumalator with Sonnen, Maia, Jim Miller and Pat Barry at 9/1.

I am very surprised to see Maia as the dog and Sonnen is going to steamroll Bisping. I rate Miller as a slightly better version of Joe Lauzon and he's never been ko'd and very confident in Pat taking Morecraft's head off.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the "method of victory" markets on Paddy Power-

The Maia Vs. Weidman submission odds are a little weird, Maia is 6/1 to win by sub while Weidman is 9/2... Weidman is no joke on the ground but Maia holds an advantage there IMO (we'll see on saturday how big an advantage that is)

Also Bisping is a massive 14/1 to submit Chael Sonnen, which isnt outside the relms of possibility given Sonnens well documented achilles heel. Certainly worth a punt at those odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

CageWager wrote: »

Also Bisping is a massive 14/1 to submit Chael Sonnen, which ist outside the relms of possibility given Sonnens well documented achilles heel. Certainly worth a punt at those odds.

Bisping never submits people, hence the the odds. With the best will in the world I can only ever see Bisping winning as a result of his striking, he never wins this fight by submission in my opinion.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Bisping never submits people, hence the the odds. With the best will in the world I can only ever see Bisping winning as a result of his striking, he never wins this fight by submission in my opinion.

But if and when he finds himself on his back with Sonnen on top of him he may be left with no real option but to go for a submission. There's always a chance.
    For the record I'll be having my money on Sonnen for the win but odds like that are too good too pass up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he will submit him, just that 14/1 is worth a punt since he'll almost certainly spend the entire fight on his back and will hopefully throw up a few triangle and armbar attempts. On a personal level I hope Sonnen destroys him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Having some of Maia @ 5/4 and him to win by sub @ 6/1.

Weidman took the fight on short notice and still have to see what level he's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I put €10 on Sonnen @1/5, €8 on Demian Maia @5/4 and then an accumalator with Sonnen, Maia, Jim Miller and Pat Barry at 9/1.

10 on sonnet at 1/5????to win €2 ha. But will defo have a double Evans and Maia and Maia for sub of the night

16/1 for Maia 5/2 for double

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

16/1 for Maia for what??

Sub of the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

decent bet on this double for me

reshad too short now for the win
    i cant see davis beating reshad

Chael Sonnen by Submission or on Points 1/2