Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Big Irish Times Xmas Quiz of 2010

• 27-12-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Which is the odd film out ?
    1. DIAL M FOR MURDER
    2. HARRY POTTER AND THE DEADLY HALLOWS PART 1
    3. TRON LEGACY
    4. CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.

IS THE ANSWER DIAL M FOR MURDER BECAUSE IT WENT ON TO BE A STAGE PLAY OR BECAUSE IT A MURDER FILM/PLOT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This one puzzled me too. Bit of research found the answer: one of them was not released in 3D - Harry Potter!

btw Dial M for Murder was adapted from a stage play not the other way around.

in 57 - is it Despicable Me or Inception that's not an adaptation, remake or sequel?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭macdonagh2007

I am still searching too. At the moment I have Despicable Me as the answer. Thanks for no 56 answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Does anybody know if today's questions are available online, can't find a link to them

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭macdonagh2007

Get to days Irish Times 27/12/10 page 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 HOOL75

Does anybody know the answers to 58,59 & 60 please? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anthonycro

does anyone know the politician who is a karaoke judge? I'd be happy to swap an answer from the first 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mazzyk

I forgot to pick up yesterday's (Monday's) Irish Times so missed questions 51-60 (Donald Clarke's film questions). I've checked online and they don't seem to have put them on the site. I don't suppose anyone would have the questions handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭carolireland

I wonder if anyone can help with question no 25 please?
    "Of the 12 Fianna Fail senior ministers currently holding office(including Taoiseach Brian Cowen), how many are the son or daughter of a former Fianna Fail TD?"
    Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jayemdee

Bertie, Maurice and Noel Ahern; Michael and Tom Kitt; Brian and Conor Lenihan are the brothers and 3 siblings

Who is the karoke judge?? and who makes jam and marmalade??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jayemdee

58. Harlequins rugby club - 'bloodgate'
    59. No regrets
    60. All are characters who appear in films and the actors who portrayed them won Oscars

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dromusta

58: Airplane
    People who played captain and doctor died in 2010

Thank you Jayemadee.

For question no.25 I think that they are looking for the number of senior ministers who are the son or daughter of a former Fianna Fail TD.

I know for example that Mary Coughlans Dad was a former FF TD, as was Brian Cowens but after that I am unsure. Any further help would be appreciated.

I think the answer for the karaoke judge might be Kathleen Lynch. Any further help with no.25 would be appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dromusta

Brian Lenihan (son of Brian Sr)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 supersaintpats

Thanks for help on karaoke; on 25, Brian Lenihan's father was also a TD.

jayemdee wrote: »
    Bertie, Maurice and Noel Ahern; Michael and Tom Kitt; Brian and Conor Lenihan are the brothers and 3 siblings

Who is the karoke judge?? and who makes jam and marmalade??

Aine brady is a kitt too. Sister of the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭vnagidam

Q60 = Oscar Winners (they are they names of the characters who won oscar this year)

Q58 and 59 - I need help please.

Q63 - Jam and Marmalade - who....

Q25 - can anyone confirm that there are 3 FF ministers who are son or daughter of former FF TD: Brian Cowen, Mary Coughlan, Brian Lenihan.
    Eamon O'Cuiv is a grandson and Mary Hanifin's father was a senator.

I have a Tommy Broughan (Lab) as the Judge in the Karaoke.

Also Q69 - Tom Kitt, Michael P. Kitt and Aine Brady (nee Kitt) are the siblings; Conor and Brian Lenihan, and Bertie & Noel Ahern. They are all serving at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ammio

I think the answer to no. 58 might be: airplane

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

I think the answer to no. 58 might be: airplane
    Could it be Dr Spock and Captain Kirk

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HOOL75

I'm stuck on 82, 85 & 90 today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

90 is Michael O Muireacheartaigh.
    I'm stuck on No 76 (odd one out between gwyneth paltrow, Olivia newton John and Kelly Kelly osborne?. Also no 59 - connect a sound heard repeatedly in Inception with a 2007 biopic and former UK Chancellor of the exchequer?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

The karaoke is Kathleen Lynch TD.

82 is Ted Walsh Jr.
    85 is a reference to the return home of the English World Cup team.

Kelly Osbourne is odd one out having not appeared as a guest star in Glee.

I think 59 is Je ne regrette rien / no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

Does anyone have Monday's film questions or a link to them? Can't seem to find them on the website. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 supersaintpats

is 82 not Ted Walsh Sr?, as the father is the sire?

89 has me stuck. I never listen to Tubridy. He has a face for radio and a voice for mime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 orandy

89: "Babies"

as per post above, can someone please post donald clarke's Monday questions, as they aren't online.

Thanks

Advertisement