Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Bundle Up, It's Global Warming'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Usersname wrote: »
    My guess is you will still be on boards denying climate change and will continue to do so until we are all under 30 feet of water :P

Who is denying that the climate is changing ? Climate is always changing, always has, always will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Usersname

Duiske wrote: »
    Who is denying that the climate is changing ? Climate is always changing, always has, always will.

Oh hardy har har you're so funny.

Thanks for the constructive input.

2010 was the warmest year on record

Have you a source for this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

You are contributing very little to this debate. I think I'll put you on ignore until we are under 30 feet of water.

No need to thank me, and I was not trying to be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

"Ignorance is bliss"
    sums your post up really for me

:D

Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government in America. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded.

Does that make sense to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

prob the only true statment that can be said with the words cliamte change in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

The source is Hansen. He has been heralding the hottest year on record ( but only for NASA) since June, about 6 months before the end of the year and during a record El Nino. Clearly Hansen was aware that the El Nina would kick in. Other records show that it is the 3rd warmest in history, and even then I am dubious about all the datasets involved.

For something we can measure - Englands tempreatur - the CET, is below the 1960-1990 average of 9.5 by 0.7 degrees due to the winters in 2010 being colder than normal. As with England so the continent.

The source is Hansen. He has been heralding the hottest year on record ( but only for NASA) since June, about 6 months before the end of the year and during a record El Nino. Clearly Hansen was aware that the El Nina would kick in.

I actually thought it a bit suspicious that news reports were claiming hottest year ever back in early June.
    This site shows what happened from June onwards. Use the altitude links on left hand side. Sea level at very bottom.

http://discover.itsc.uah.edu/amsutemps/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Speaking of responding, I won't be doing any of that until one of your posts actually make sense.
    Yes he should talk sense like you with your under 30 feet of water :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

4gun wrote: »
    not from where I live... had plenty of sun but temp did not got above low twenties...
    may was so cold and dry that half the lawn seed that i planted at the end of april did not germinate untill mid august
    Kippure wrote: »
    "Global warming is a fictional ghost that man has nothing to do with"
    sums it up really for me.

:)
    Sometimes people say things so self discrediting that nothing needs to be said from me.
    dec totals have not been imported into the models yet,
    and theres plenty on these boards that have shown the nasa/giss models to have cherry picked there results
    Models go from November to November(last day). I suppose last years chill was ignored in a secretive conspiracy sumhow was it?
    and the reason this time is-drumroll please wait for it, he might get it.....

Nasa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Sometimes people say things so self discrediting that nothing needs to be said from me.

Can' t reply with a direct answer to the question so try to discredit to questionaire...tisk tisk

just makes your argument weaker

and the reason this time is-drumroll please wait for it, he might get it.....

Natural cycles. Unless you think all climatic variations over millenia were caused by those nasty humanoids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Why, O why do we worry so so much about a little carbon in the air, while we turn a blind eye to chemicals polluting the ground water, unregulated sewerage systems and substandard water supplies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I remember millions of years ago when our ancestors burned a load of Carbon and the atmosphere went to over 2,000 parts per million of Carbon dioxide and we didn't have out of control global warming.
    ok I don't remember but the point is at 385 parts per million we are suppose to believe that a rise in CO2 will lead to an out of control greenhouse effect, there is no evidence for this. It didn't happen in the past when CO2 levels were over five times the current level.

Are we suppose to believe the medieval warm period was man made climate change given it was warmer than at present?
    I mean the melting ice in the Alps shows people lived far higher up in the Alps compared to today.

The only thing true about man made climate change is that the whole thing is made up by man.

Can' t reply with a direct answer to the question so try to discredit to questionaire...tisk tisk

Please, you said its cold where you live in ur little spec of dust therefore theres no global warming i don't want to be cruel so i'm sayin nothing to that kind of 5 year olds reasoning.
    Natural cycles. Unless you think all climatic variations over millenia were caused by those nasty humanoids.
    Natural cycles? So you think we can't contribute to these natural cycles? This is the oldest argument in the cts book? It happened before and it wasn't us therefore it can't be us now. It's like saying in a murder trial there was 100 murders last year and none of them were me so this one cannot have been perpetrated by me. Its the silliest logic and has been debunked to death.
    Min wrote: »
    I remember millions of years ago when our ancestors burned a load of Carbon and the atmosphere went to over 2,000 parts per million of Carbon dioxide and we didn't have out of control global warming.
    ok I don't remember but the point is at 385 parts per million we are suppose to believe that a rise in CO2 will lead to an out of control greenhouse effect, there is no evidence for this. It didn't happen in the past when CO2 levels were over five times the current level.

Are we suppose to believe the medieval warm period was man made climate change given it was warmer than at present?
    I mean the melting ice in the Alps shows people lived far higher up in the Alps compared to today.

The only thing true about man made climate change is that the whole thing is made up by man.

This old chestnut :rolleyes: just watch one of the many vids out there giving an explanation from actual; scientists, not tin foil hat merchants. H. H. lamb who came up with the premature medieval warming graph has admitted it was off and he was wrong. So please don't embarrass yourself elsewhere by bringing up pseudo science in other threads.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrKfz8NjEzU

And eh millions of years ago our ancestors were burning what exactly? How many millions of years ago were this fire inventing eh humans doing this exactly? Our species is only around 100'000 years roughly in its current form, 6 million years ago we were chimp like creatures? Do you make it up as you go along?

Natural cycles? So you think we can't contribute to these natural cycles? This is the oldest argument in the cts book?

Are you claiming that we live in a steady state universe, where the suns activity is exactly the same for centuries the orbit is exactly the same the solar systems location in the galaxy is exactly the same! I can add many more to the list if you wish, but the key point is that there are cycles, some increase global temperatures some decrease, some are insignificant compared to man's input, others, like solar variations can be much larger than AGW believers have considered.

Global warming will soon be seen as one of the biggest frauds ever, up there with the south sea bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Min wrote: »
    I don't remember but the point is at 385 parts per million we are suppose to believe that a rise in CO2 will lead to an out of control greenhouse effect, there is no evidence for this. It didn't happen in the past when CO2 levels were over five times the current level.

An "out of control greenhouse effect" isn't being claimed therefore it's not surprising that it isn't in evidence. A doubling of C02 from pre-industrial levels is expected to cause somewhere between 2 and 4.5 degrees of warming, likely around 3.

I have trouble believing you're unable to imagine there can be both natural cyclical influences on climate as well as changes caused by modern human activity. It's almost as if you're desperate to discredit the notion by pretending there can only be either 100% natural influences or 100% human influences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Global warming will soon be seen as one of the biggest frauds ever, up there with the south sea bubble.
    I'm reminded of "Evolution, a theory in crisis for 150 years" owing to the creationist penchant for declaring it's just about to be revealed as a fraud...any...day...now.

Please, you said its cold where you live in ur little spec of dust therefore theres no global warming i don't want to be cruel so i'm sayin nothing to that kind of 5 year olds reasoning.

Again you prove my point making personal judgments.... so whose the juvenile
    and I didn't say it was cold where I live ...I said it wasn't the warmest year on record..

• Advertisement

Are you claiming that we live in a steady state universe, where the suns activity is exactly the same for centuries the orbit is exactly the same the solar systems location in the galaxy is exactly the same! I can add many more to the list if you wish, but the key point is that there are cycles, some increase global temperatures some decrease, some are insignificant compared to man's input, others, like solar variations can be much larger than AGW believers have considered.

Wa? No i'm not saying any of that wacky stuff where did u get that from?. Read my post, we didn't cause any of the previous cycles but you can bet your last euro that throwing as much co2 into the air will raise the temperature as stated by Sharper. Do you know how co2 effects the climate first of all?

Again you prove my point making personal judgments.... so whose the juvenile
    and I didn't say it was cold where I live ...I said it wasn't the warmest year on record..

You live on planet earth man so it was! Have u anything to say or?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

what?:rolleyes:

One decade of reduced solar activity will clarify beyond all doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Thank man God for all that carbon that was pumped into the Atmosphere over the last 150 years or so... I'd hate to think of how much more cold the poor people of Ballyhaise, heck just about the rest of Ireland too would have to had endure if there was no Global Warming...

agreportdec2010.JPG

One decade of reduced solar activity will clarify beyond all doubt!
    rccaulfeilds post?
    I hope so

Wa? No i'm not saying any of that wacky stuff where did u get that from?. Read my post, we didn't cause any of the previous cycles but you can bet your last euro that throwing as much co2 into the air will raise the temperature as stated by Sharper. Do you know how co2 effects the climate first of all?

whose a bright spark then .....your mother must be so proud

rccaulfeilds post?
    I hope so
    What do you want clearing up?

whose a bright spark then .....your mother must be so proud
    Thank you, i didn't think you'd anything to say alright.
    Danno wrote: »
    Thank man God for all that carbon that was pumped into the Atmosphere over the last 150 years or so... I'd hate to think of how much more cold the poor people of Ballyhaise, heck just about the rest of Ireland too would have to had endure if there was no Global Warming...

agreportdec2010.JPG
    what?:rolleyes:

Whats that got to do with global warming? Is there a mini climategate in your village or something?

[QUOTE=rccaulfield;Whats that got to do with global warming? Is there a mini climategate in your village or something?[/QUOTE]
    I was refering to your lack of coherence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dude, your argument is that your back yard getting colder means the entire planet is getting colder. Your back yard != the entire planet.

I think you need a strong argument yourself before calling other people's arguments weak. And if you really want to get into it, find an argument that has no answer in here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

this thread died 3 pages ago . . just before it started . . .:rolleyes:

Advertisement