Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

What's the cheapest way to get there? Ryanair? All flights to Valencia are around €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Car_Higher Then_The_Sun

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    What's the cheapest way to get there? Ryanair? All flights to Valencia are around €200.

I buked my flights through Aerlingus, they wre 200e frm Dublin to Barcelona. I checked alternative ways of gettin der trains etc..I found that flying is d cheapest way 2 get der.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭recyclops

i booked flights to barca there last night 183 flying out on the wednesday and returning on the tues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Any recommendations as regards apartments? Or is camping the best thing to do? Was at Rock Werchter last year and camped for the 4 days, it was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShimmeryJeans

Hello all! I am new to Boards but would appreciate any advice you may have on Benicassim if you have been there before. I have recently been offered a free festival ticket - haven't booked flights or accommodation yet and am wondering have we left it a bit last minute or is it worthwhile going at such short notice? There will be just two of us going - myself and a friend. I would like to know firstly what the camping is like? Is it unbearably hot? Have we left it a bit late to get reasonably priced accommodation near the venue - say a double room in a hotel or hostel? Is it easier to fly to Barcelona or Valencia or is it fairly the same either way? Many thanks for any tips (o;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

have booked accomm through a company (not FIB). 40 minute walk from venue but buses avail. Don't have the details to hand and not sure if they have any left but pm me if you want the details. will get my fellow benni-bud to send it to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smyth38

Is anyone travelling from Vinaros, its about an hour away, Any idea about buses or trains from there to Benicassim. Or even how much a cab would cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Hi all, I was late booking tickets and the normal camping tickets were sold out so I booked VIP camping for €75 extra. Can anyone give me some info on the VIP camping? The description on the website is very vague, apparently has better showers and toilets but thats all the info i can get. Any further info regarding benefits of this site or its location in rlation to the festival would be great!

Should be an awesome trip, starting with BBK in bilboa on 7th July, on to San Sebastian for some sufting, then onto pamplona for the bull run, then to Benicassim, then back to San Sebatian! Is anyone else doing something similar? Line-up for BBK seems better than Benicassim and tickets are way cheaper!

murdog! wrote: »
    Hi all, I was late booking tickets and the normal camping tickets were sold out so I booked VIP camping for €75 extra. Can anyone give me some info on the VIP camping? The description on the website is very vague, apparently has better showers and toilets but thats all the info i can get. Any further info regarding benefits of this site or its location in rlation to the festival would be great!

Should be an awesome trip, starting with BBK in bilboa on 7th July, on to San Sebastian for some sufting, then onto pamplona for the bull run, then to Benicassim, then back to San Sebatian! Is anyone else doing something similar? Line-up for BBK seems better than Benicassim and tickets are way cheaper!

Great itinery you have there. did even think about bbk. see you at benni though!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

hey all, just wondering if anyone has/knows anyone selling a 4day + camping ticket?
    They are sold out on the site and a friend of mine aint got one yet.
    if anyone has one to sell or knows someone who has one to sell, please tell me. thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 baby8music

Went a couple of years ago & stayed in an apartment (don't ask the name, the week was a blurrrrrr) Long walks to festival site, the festival itself is located on basketball courts so no lounging around like any normal festival, plenty of drugs available which you'll need to survive if camping!! I'd recommend a flight to Ibiza after to recover!!! Cheap flights from Valencia. Line up is deadly this year. Not one of favourite festivals, full of gap year/18 yr olds

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

So are we all ready for Benni?
    I have to say, I like the line up, and I'm looking forward to acts like the Strokes, Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire, but the Streets Headlining on the first night...really?
    I know its under 3 weeks til the festival, but god, they need to get 1 more headliner for thursday instead of the streets. I'm still holding on hope because Gorillaz were added last minute last year, so heres hoping they do the same again this year.
    other than that, I can't wait, its gonna be sick!!!

ddef wrote: »
    I have to say, I like the line up, and I'm looking forward to acts like the Strokes, Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire, but the Streets Headlining on the first night...really?
    I know its under 3 weeks til the festival, but god, they need to get 1 more headliner for thursday instead of the streets. I'm still holding on hope because Gorillaz were added last minute last year, so heres hoping they do the same again this year.

woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

ddef wrote: »

Agreed, the Streets are god-awful so I'm a bit disappointed about Thursday's line-up. However, was watching some footage of Glastonbury last night and I saw this -

called 'Chase and Status' and they're playing on the Thursday, wahoo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Pamplemousse19

Wondering if anyone wanted to recommend any of the more obscure bands. Too lazy to go looking them all up on youtube :P

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Hey lads, i'm headin over to Bennicassim on Friday.
    Was hopin to head along with a group of friends, but they couldn't afford it.
    Might catch some of you over there, camping in Villacamp. enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Brilliant FIB again, even if today was the most horrific day in work I've had in years.

No trouble whatsoever to be seen for the 7 days, great buzz and atmosphere, sound people and holiday spirit.

I didn't know if the Strokes would pull it off on a main stage in the open air but they absolutely nailed it. Arctic Monkeys same. Arcade Fire as usual were excellent too but as it's my third time seeing them on this tour the previous nights were more novel for me.

Advertisement