Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is there a stigma attached to driving a subaru impreza...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jesus, i can smell anather war: boyracer VS honest citizens here soon lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The impreza is a lovely car but unfortunately at lot of knob-jockeys seem to think so aswell hence there is a bit of stigma attached to owning one. Which is a pity really.

to be honest when i came to this thread after reading title, first thing that came to my head: " subaru stigma is that they are really good in snowy conditions, which is really hot topic in ireland now", but when i start reading comments i was like /ohlookitsthisthreadagain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The impreza is a lovely car but unfortunately at lot of knob-jockeys seem to think so aswell hence there is a bit of stigma attached to owning one. Which is a pity really.

I see more 'knob jockeys' in Audis and BMWs myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Yes there is a stigma. Yes most of them look like muck, like they are designed to look bad. However with a little bit un-factory'ising they can look much better. I like this one a lot:

2009_0920players090074.jpg

The "next gen" one looks super bland though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I gotta laugh at people who wouldnt own a car because "a few nobs" own them and theirs a so called stigma attached to them. Riiight Mr. Sheep.

Baaaaah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

It all depends on how it's driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Whatever about the stigma attached to it, you cant bate the sound of that boxer engine! LOVE IT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Onkle wrote: »
    I see more 'knob jockeys' in Audis and BMWs myself

+10
    M3's are getting a bad image imo........seems to be the next car for the Civic drivers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

i had a 94 wrx a few years ago, absolutely loved that car
    from the moment i turned the key it was aural pleasure, i had a decat and blitznurspec r exhaust and blitz induction kit, dunno how many car alarms i set of with it

• Advertisement

Sids Not wrote: »
    +10
    M3's are getting a bad image imo........seems to be the next car for the Civic drivers.....

You hear this floated on forums, but come on, the cost of ownership from tax, part/servicing s and insurance is massively higher on an M3, it cannot (financially) be the a common scummer car (not saying thats what Civics are, but assume thats what you mean).

Maybe battered old 318's with M3 badges, but not the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I know 3 guys with them...not the type of guys i'd give a job to..they've no problem with bobs for ins/tax..as they're probably only a "1.6"...;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Matt Simis wrote: »
    You hear this floated on forums, but come on, the cost of ownership from tax, part/servicing s and insurance is massively higher on an M3, it cannot (financially) be the a common scummer car (not saying thats what Civics are, but assume thats what you mean).

Maybe battered old 318's with M3 badges, but not the real deal.

The older generation M3's are becoming obtainable to purchase but I do agree that the cost of running a m3 might turn some people off. having said that, look at the amount of money some young lads put into their Civics etc.... I know one lad who put well over €10k into a Levin. It's insane money to be putting into something like that.

Shane732 wrote: »
    The older generation M3's are becoming obtainable to purchase but I do agree that the cost of running a m3 might turn some people off. having said that, look at the amount of money some young lads put into their Civics etc.... I know one lad who put well over €10k into a Levin. It's insane money to be putting into something like that.

Yeah, but would said young lad spend EUR1500 on tax and EUR1500+ on Insurance (if they can be insured at all)? A lot of the tricked out Jap cars that become popular are popular due to oddities in their insurance class and small CC but boosted engines, neither of which apply to M3s.

Some may buy into them, but they will never ever be "popular". I think all the knobs in M3s we think we see are infact in all show no go low end junk BMWs with bodykits and badges.

PS: Note Im not actually much of an M3 fan, but I dont think they will ever get to Scooby stigma (warranted or not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

There is a bit, but it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I want one
    Feck the stigma.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

inforfun wrote: »
    I want one
    Feck the stigma.

Haha man thats awesome. Subaru power!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I've been thinking about getting one for a while and I am surprised by how many are for sale butttttttt....

can anyone tell me the difference between these two and why the price difference?!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Subaru/Impreza/WRX-2.0-/201046200275607/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Subaru/Impreza/WRX-TURB/201044200131551/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Who gives a toss about what stigma is attached to a car? If you want one then buy one. I drive a white Integra Type R; I am not a "boy racer" nor do I care if some idiot on the side of the road thinks that I am. Anyone who derives an opinion of someone based on the car they drive is not someone whos opinion matters a whole lot.

The first performance car I ever drove was an Impreza. That was the day I truely learned the difference between a performance car and a run of the mill road car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Spunog UIE wrote: »

Can't see why there's such a difference in price TBH... if anything, the blue one warrants a slight premium based on engine and mileage.

Maybe it's that other stigma... the DL :eek: plates? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

djimi wrote: »
    Who gives a toss about what stigma is attached to a car? If you want one then buy one. I drive a white Integra Type R; I am not a "boy racer" nor do I care if some idiot on the side of the road thinks that I am. Anyone who derives an opinion of someone based on the car they drive is not someone whos opinion matters a whole lot.

The first performance car I ever drove was an Impreza. That was the day I truely learned the difference between a performance car and a run of the mill road car.
    I agree. Unless its a woman's car :D

Advertisement