Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is there a stigma attached to driving a subaru impreza...

Options
  • 24-12-2010 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

..what do you think.?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've a horse outside

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have you been stigmatised OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

They're like civics

old people and scumbags ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Only if you look like the guy in the Rubberbandits video :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is that you Fitzy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

..what do you think.?

who cares once it's a proper one, not a fake turbo/WRX/STi

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Once it's as it left the factory it's to be admired. Steer clear of the versions that are muppetised by their owners.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

biko wrote: »
    Have you been stigmatised OP?

Did anyone else read that in Joe Duffy's voice? :)

To the OP, if you mean the newest ones, then there isn't. I think the older ones are fine, as long as they're not a basic model with a giant exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Is that you Fitzy?

No !! fitzy drives a mitzy >:D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I think the older ones are fine, as long as they're not a basic model with a giant exhaust.

A Scooby is not a Scooby without a Scud Missile Type exhaust...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I think the 4th post summed it up nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

OP - You need to ask the people whose opinion you worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cranfordmike

I ask because I was thinking of buying an impreza, 03 - 04 ish (not replica). Looking for a bit of performance. Not sure if I can pull off the impreza though..cool.gif I keep thinking i will need to get a pair of air max, joint, goldy lookin chain etc.. I could be wrong.

Not sure if I can pull off the impreza though..cool.gif I keep thinking i will need to get a pair of air max, joint, goldy lookin chain etc.. I could be wrong.
    Either grow a pair or resign yourself to 318Ci land.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Who gives a fook. You want it, then drive it;)

The blobeye is the better looking model since the gc8 classic. Iv had 3 in my day, would love to have one now for 'playing in the snow' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

I drive a 95 Impreza estate, standard japanese import model.

Don't get any stick (i'm an auld fella 35 and have the kid in the back :pac:)

Don't mind the head bangers who'll want to race you.

Check out www.isdc.ie you migh even pick up a well minded one

there. Good luck. Great car they are too, have mine 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Depends how you are planning on "using" the performace you are after. Enough boy racers around Donegal. I like impreza's and the whole rallying history that comes with them, unfortunately to many d*ckheads going round in them giving these nice machines a bad name, don't blame the car...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

If you can't fit your head in the exhaust and other drivers can see more than the top of your head when you're behind the wheel then you're probably fine :D

Regular use of 4th and 5th gears helps also :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

They're very popular with the un-married mothers around Bray for some reason...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

They're like civics

old people and scumbags ;)

This pretty much sums up the general opinion from the people I talked to. I was looking at getting one last time I changed car. You would be amazed at the amount of standard models that have the full wrx kits. Did they sell them from the show room like this?

I still love them and ill be looking into them again next time I change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

245 wrote: »
    If you can't fit your head in the exhaust and other drivers can see more than the top of your head when you're behind the wheel then you're probably fine :D

Regular use of 4th and 5th gears helps also :p

lol and don't have 3 other muppets in the car eating McDonalds circling the town street 15 times thinking that all the young uns are admiring your car.
    Even donegal has moved on from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

The estate version looks respectable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

A member on here has one and it's awesome beyonf belief. It sets off car alarms when it drives by and goes like a scalded cat, I'd have it in a heartbeat and to hell with the begrudgers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I couldn't give a fiddlers what people think of what im driving. When i got my subaru legacy twin turbo i was the target of a fair bit of friendly (slightly jealous) mockery where i worked. Are you trying to be a 'boyracer' & other such silly remarks.:rolleyes: I was 27 at the time not 37. I just responded with a sort of whats the matter lads?, left your balls in your wive's handbags?? type comment as a comeback. :D

If you want it, get it & ignore the begrudgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I keep thinking i will need to get a pair of air max, joint, goldy lookin chain etc.. I could be wrong.

:rolleyes:God help us...!!!

A standard WRX in the right colour with the original round headlights and exhaust doesn't stand out much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cranfordmike

Even donegal has moved on from this.

I'm a Dub living in Dub, sorry to disapoint. I do like Donegal though. Agree with post #25, might borrow that comeback :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I couldn't give a fiddlers what people think of what im driving. When i got my subaru legacy twin turbo i was the target of a fair bit of friendly (slightly jealous) mockery where i worked. Are you trying to be a 'boyracer' & other such silly remarks.:rolleyes: I was 27 at the time not 37. I just responded with a sort of whats the matter lads?, left your balls in your wive's handbags?? type comment as a comeback. :D

If you want it, get it & ignore the begrudgers.

fecking A+

I thought subarus were not targets of antboyracer crowd. Soon there will be a label "boyracer" on mondeos which have slightly different wheels...

As long as you love what you drive, i wouldnt give a crap what people think. If yo want subaru, go for it. you want BMW? go for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

subaru > boy racers.

i know that's unfair of me and generalizing every person that drives one as a boy racer, but what i mean is that's what i think personally when i see a subaru, generally the are heard before seen if you know what i mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

The impreza is a lovely car but unfortunately at lot of knob-jockeys seem to think so aswell hence there is a bit of stigma attached to owning one. Which is a pity really.

Advertisement