Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Reaction Cycles Delivery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I bought a €1000 guitar, and paid UK tax on it :D

Yeah, but what Bambaata meant was that when the company's total sales to the other country go above a value, they have to charge the VAT, it's not assessed on a per transaction basis. So possibly wherever you bought your guitar don't sell that much to Ireland across the board.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I ordered a bike last weekend and got it on Thursday. Dispatched Monday with 24 hours to island of Ireland.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Another one!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ashleey wrote: »
    Another one!?
    Bought a cheap yoke to get me around town as I can't stand driving in Kilkenny.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

I did that but after a few upgrades of it I get all precious about it and try to avoid dirt on the road which defeats the object of a winter bike. Enjoy the new bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 SnakePliskin

Have noticed a long delivery time over xmas too. Although I sent back a pair off spl shoes I bought from them two months previously with a covering letter stating I knew I was past the timeframe for returns but if I could get even a shop credit it would be great and got an email to say refund was being applied. More than fair of them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

two months previously timeframe for returns
    12 month returns now. Which is good if you like to buy things that you might need. Just leave it in the box and if you don,t use it send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bambaata wrote: »
    unfortunately as i understand it when a company in a member state goes above a certain amount of sales to another country they must then from that point charge the VAT of the destination country
    Yes, the limit is only €35,000. At least CRC are decent about it, they just charge the extra, some companies force you to buy in euros or on a different site, and you invariably end up paying far more than just the vat differences.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/leaflets/vat-registration-foreign-traders.html
    3.2 Where the value of distance sales to the State by a supplier in another EU Member State exceeds €35,000 in a calendar year that supplier must register for VAT in the State and must account for VAT at the appropriate Irish rates. If the threshold is not exceeded, the supplier may opt to register and account for VAT in the State on his or her distance sales.
    Bambaata wrote: »
    wish they did still charge the UK VAT, it was a nice little saving when they did! Particularly when the euro was strong against the £!! Luckily i got some steals then too ;)
    well there is one upside, at least the Irish government get the VAT (to squander on getting their nails done etc).

My last CRC order was 8 December 2010 10:16 and I had it the next day -very impressed. It was only £32 worth so I did not think I would get free courier. I think before they sent stuff by courier on a small purchase and I guess it was since royal mail would have been slow.

The big difference in price can be on food items, like gel packs, e.g. £43.99 UK vs £53.23 to here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38017. This is since they are zero rate vat in the UK but 21% here. This is for sports supplements, its a strange grey area, if some products did not have pictures of athletes on the packet they would be vat free here too. If tesco put shamrock glucose next to the lucozade they/you might have to pay 21% VAT, but as it is stocked in the baby food section it is zero...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭X files

The Watson family in ballyclare Co.Antrim run a tight ship one of Irelands leading companies big turnover 110 million euros in 2010 and huge profits about 30 %. Most companies had delivery problems pre xmas now the water companies jumping on the wagon.
    CRC going from strenght to strenght and local dealers feeling the pinch.
    If you can get it local do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

X files wrote: »
    CRC going from strenght to strenght and local dealers feeling the pinch.
    If you can get it local do so.

I think we would all prefer to buy local if it made sense to but it's very hard with the huge choice and price differentials offered online! In fairness The Cycle Superstore can very often be competitive on price (particularly Assos recently!) and carry decent stock levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

24 hour delivery my ass, ordered on the 30th... even taking in weekend and bank holidays.. shipped on the 31st and parcelforce just have it marked as 'advised'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

mloc123 wrote: »
    24 hour delivery my ass, ordered on the 30th... even taking in weekend and bank holidays.. shipped on the 31st and parcelforce just have it marked as 'advised'.
    Give it 48 hours. If you ordered after 3pm of the 30th, it would have been dispatched the next day (Friday), nothing would happen on Saturday and Sunday. It was a bank holiday this weekend, so that would explain Monday. So if it was dispatched at 3pm on Friday, that would only have counted as 9 hours until midnight last night. It should come tommorrow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

My deliveries from CRC are generally two or three days longer than they state on their website.

I've looked into it, and told them this when I was in their showroom/warehouse in Ballyclare 2 weeks before Christmas. (Which incidentally is well worth a visit if you're up north, bling central!!:D)

We tracked a few of my orders over 2010 and found -
    All were sent out Parcelforce (A UK company)
    All were received by GLS in good time (Eire Parcelforce 'partners')
    Every delivery was delayed by the local courier, GLS.

CRC phoned Parcelforce when I was there and flagged this up, and I have been asked to call the guy in CRC if I have an issue next time, they seemed genuinely concerned the service level has dropped.

Oh, and you can track CRC orders on the GLS website using the ref. no issued when CRC confirm the order - I did this the last time and when I phoned GLS after the usual 3 day delay the goods were with me next day.

My personal opinion is GLS are a bit thin on the ground - I''m in Wicklow and the local depot is Carlow, and the delivery guy always seems under pressure.

And it's scary when you track back your orders and how much you have spent - Mrs Macsporran better not find the order record.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭pmcd22

i just ordered from CRC today. Said id get a turbo trainer in for the more frost and snow expected.

Hopefully it will come before the frost and snow past.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

I ordered a turbo trainer yesterday morning and it arrived today :D Still waiting on the bike lights I ordered on Friday though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

if its a small package it goes by royal mail, if its large its couriered by parcelforce/gms. I ordered some stuff around 5am and it was dispatched this afternoon. order was to the value of around 45euro

when I ordered my snow tyre in december it came the next day!

so if you are buying something small in dimension, order a cheap tyre and it will bump up your delivery time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Anybody else having trouble with deliveries from CRC in the last 2 weeks?. My order was "shipped" on the 14th December, still no sign of it here in Dublin. I appreciate that the weather might be a factor but on the same day I ordered stuff from Rose Bikes in German and it arrived 4 days later!!

UPDATE!

Well, 20 working days later and the items finally arrived, what a wonderful service. Likely to be the last time I order from CRC now that i have discovered a 4 day delivery service from Rose Bikes in germany, delivery cost €5.95 and prices that nobody can beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

Ordered a saddle bag and small tool kit 7 days ago. Still waiting.

Hopefully today or Ill have to contact them :(

20 days !!!! Now thats bad. They should at least offer you a voucher or something for the hassle.

my CRC order arrived 9am this morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement