Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Reaction Cycles Delivery

Options
  • 23-12-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having trouble with deliveries from CRC in the last 2 weeks?. My order was "shipped" on the 14th December, still no sign of it here in Dublin. I appreciate that the weather might be a factor but on the same day I ordered stuff from Rose Bikes in German and it arrived 4 days later!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I would guess weather problems - you are relying on Royal Mail and An Post - the incumbents in two countries not geared up for mad weather - where as the snow probably caused no such issues for the Germans..

Probably/ stereotyping slightly etc..

Have you tried calling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭endurodave

well if its royal mail be prepared to wait of its with parcleforce/gls get onto them or even better take your tracking number and plug it into the couriers sites. but with the weather and season that's in it delays are to be expected !

I've only had 2 days of post here in the last week, so yes I'd imagine it's the weather causing the problems with Royal Mail/An Post. The Germans website probably uses a private delivery service which is why they got delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

According to CRC, it was shipped by good old "royal mail" so god only knows when it will arrive. The box from Germany started its journey by DHL but when it arrived in Ireland it was taken over by An Post EMS, who delivered it at 9.30 last Sunday morning. I sent another order to Germany on Sunday 19th, it was shipped on the 20th, and arrived at my house this morning 23rd at 9.30. now that is what I call a great service, and fantastic prices too, check it out at rosebikes.co.uk

According to CRC, it was shipped by good old "royal mail" so god only knows when it will arrive. The box from Germany started its journey by DHL but when it arrived in Ireland it was taken over by An Post EMS, who delivered it at 9.30 last Sunday morning. I sent another order to Germany on Sunday 19th, it was shipped on the 20th, and arrived at my house this morning 23rd at 9.30. now that is what I call a great service, and fantastic prices too, check it out at rosebikes.co.uk

Yep had the joy of dealing with the service from royal mail too it took close on 2 weeks for a dvd to arrive from crc at the start of the month.
    My advise is so order all you need at once to get the courier service its vastly more efficient. Hope it arrives for you tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

There is every possiblity that your order went back to the UK to be forwarded here. With the weather here and over there and the disaster that is The Royal Mail it really is in the lap of the post Gods.

Well, having experienced Rose Bikes pricing and super fast delivery
    (from Germany) I have become their No1 fan. No more CRC for me. If you are thinking about buying any components check out their prices, you will be happy !!

PS, delivery charges for most things to Ireland is only €5.95

PPS, just in case I incur the wrath of the mods, I have no connection with Rose Bikes other than being a very happy new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

It just seems to be due to the weather/ backlog in the UK.

ordered from crc on 1st Dec, arrived last Sat (18th)... I rang crc Tues last week, they said give it at least 15 (working?) days for royal mail international. If it doesn't show up by then, they would send out the order again.

At worst, you could be waiting until the new year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

Postman just called this morning with my delivery. Right on time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭techieelectric

Ordered on Monday early and it arrived yesterday but that was the express post, guaranteed next day delivery thing was an extra fiver. It was a present though so I was just happy to get it.

• Advertisement

Well postman has just gone, nothing from CRC. It is now 10 days since the order was shipped, even with the weather i think its a kinda pathetic service. Unless of course it went via the North Pole and the fat man in the red suit is bringing it tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

i ordered on the 8th and got on the 20th. emailed them and they said due to weather it could be 15 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oneilld73

I ordered on the 10th, shipped on the 13th but apparently it now takes 20 working days to deliver!!!. Dont know if I'll be ordring from them again.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Postal times have really gone bad in the past few months. CRC and royal mail = lonnnng time. I think An post have something to do with it. Incoming mail is very slow on their side.
    Really annoying if your stuck for a part. I,m looking locally now before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ah god should have read this before ordering my new juicy 3 brake :( it says shipped but hopefully it wont be too bad i mean the weather is after clearing up a good bit......right? :D

ah god should have read this before ordering my new juicy 3 brake :( it says shipped but hopefully it wont be too bad i mean the weather is after clearing up a good bit......right? :D

Don't panic id say the sent the brakes with a courier. They should be with you in 48 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

Ordered last night ..... got my "shipped" mail this afternoon ..... now we'll see......!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

RPL1 wrote: »
    Ordered last night ..... got my "shipped" mail this afternoon ..... now we'll see......!
    I ordered 2 nights ago and its still "Processing". Doubt they were wondering around the warehouse for 48 hours looking for a BB tool and 2 gear cables.:rolleyes:

RPL1 wrote: »

Ordered 27/12 at 22:39pmm, received today (30/12) at 11.30am..... can't say fairer than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I ordered 2 nights ago and its still "Processing". Doubt they were wondering around the warehouse for 48 hours looking for a BB tool and 2 gear cables.:rolleyes:
    They can be funny sometimes. I remember one day looking at an order that had been "processing" for two days and I was about to fire off an email when the package landed on my desk...

• Advertisement

It's still processing....

You should have got them from CSS. They are usually as cheap once they have it in stock. Cables and tools always in stock. UK VAT is going up 2.5% tomorrow night! CRC not so hot anymore.. Decent hike up on prices. Shop now before new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

have CRC not been charging Irish VAT for a while now?

Bambaata wrote: »
    I assumed that if you buy a good from an EU state and ship into another EU state.You paid the rate of VAT in the origin country not the destination country. I will stand corrected if otherwise.

If CRC is charging Irish VAT rates then CRC should ship from REP of Ireland and my bits should be next day delivery. Not next year royal mail del.:pac:

I think you're correct and Wiggle also as far as I know!

I assumed that if you buy a good from an EU state and ship into another EU state.You paid the rate of VAT in the origin country not the destination country. I will stand corrected if otherwise.

If CRC is charging Irish VAT rates then CRC should ship from REP of Ireland and my bits should be next day delivery. Not next year royal mail del.:pac:

unfortunately as i understand it when a company in a member state goes above a certain amount of sales to another country they must then from that point charge the VAT of the destination country. CRC sold at UK VAT for a good while but it changed some time back. You can check what price you'd pay if you were in the UK by changing the country

I stand corrected ;)

unfortunately as i understand it when a company in a member state goes above a certain amount of sales to another country they must then from that point charge the VAT of the destination country. CRC sold at UK VAT for a good while but it changed some time back. You can check what price you'd pay if you were in the UK by changing the country
    I bought a €1000 guitar, and paid UK tax on it :D

wish they did still charge the UK VAT, it was a nice little saving when they did! Particularly when the euro was strong against the £!! Luckily i got some steals then too ;)

• Advertisement

wish they did still charge the UK VAT, it was a nice little saving when they did! Particularly when the euro was strong against the £!! Luckily i got some steals then too ;)
    I got my guitar for €950 when the £ was weak, when it cost over €1350 here :D

EDIT: My order has been dispatched at 08:41 this morning.

Advertisement