Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Can I have a minute of your time" people

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

When they approach, stare at your watch and say "Ok, go!".

Give them a countdown to the end of their minute. 50 seconds......40 seconds....30 seconds...etc

When you reach 0, say "Times up. Nice talking to you." and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Ask them if they would like to discuss it down the alley where you have parked your car. The reaction would be worth wasting your time talking to them.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Get with the lingo people! They're called "chuggers", charity muggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NeuroticMonkey

I think you should cut them some slack...They're just trying to do their job. "Charity fundraiser" is sadly one of the few positions that young students/graduates can actually apply for these days as all the other typically "student" jobs no longer exist/are filled with older/more experienced people. if they weren't out there "chugging" you they'd be on the dole and then ye'd all be off in another thread posting about "dole junkies" etc etc. Just be polite and say "Sorry, I'm in a rush". It's not that hard! It's not like they're holding a gun to your head!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ruu wrote: »
    Your only option is to kill them, now go OP, go now!

What about the raping and the burning? The killing is always the third option...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

TheZohan wrote: »
    What about the raping and the burning? The killing is always the third option...

I think the burning takes care of option three.

Wouldn't like to get those mixed up though. Mmmm shishkarape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Search for Chuggers and you'll see the amount of threads on this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

They're great in thhe rain. Always have nice umbrellas so tell them you're in a bit of a hurry but they can talk and walk. Hey presto, umbrella cover fpr as long as it takes them to realise the ploy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Just give them false bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

TheDriver wrote: »
    I am s***e sick of those blasted clipboard people on the streets, usually in concern gear, who want a minute of my time when in reality they want my bank account details to sign me up to a ridiculous DD agreement. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Rant over.

"Do you have a minute for concern?"

Do you have concern for my minute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NeuroticMonkey

I spoke too soon. Who needs to go to a different thread to complain about dole loungers when we can just do it here?? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i love them, i feel so good snubbing them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

My usual reply to this gang is how many mortars or bombs will my €10 per week buy? cos in reality that's where the money's going, or possibly to food stores which are siezed by the corrupt government and used as a bludgeon to make folk vote them back in to power.

Give nothing to them, let them starve, that's my view, and yes, I am going to Hell, and will not pass go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I told one of them that I was late for work and couldn't stop. I was genuinely late for work. So she said she'd walk with me. I kept askin her stupid questions for about 6/7 minutes then I finally said I wasn't interested and she had to walk all the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

I am s***e sick of those blasted clipboard people

Im dying to know what that word is. None of the ones I know make sense in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I am s***e sick of those blasted clipboard people on the streets, usually in concern gear, who want a minute of my time when in reality they want my bank account details to sign me up to a ridiculous DD agreement. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Rant over.

Don't give them any money. Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

It doesn't take some illabrate plan or excuse to get by them - just say 'no' and keep walking unless you are interested then stop and chat.

Easy

Advertisement