Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping people out in the snow

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:49am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mods, hope this is ok, if not please remove.

The guys over in Weather have a thread where if you are able to help out people in the snow with shopping, driving, digging, clearing you post up your location and they can pm if they need help

It's http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056125853

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

A great idea.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I thnk it's great, I live on a main road, have one neighbour on one side who is gone home (abroad) for Xmas, next door is a HSE facility and they have loads of staff etc.

Don't know anyone else really in my area, so if I can help someone even by picking up bread, milk and a box of teabags and dropping it round I'd be delighted.

I remember the really really bad snow in the 80's, my Dad was very close to a very old man who literally lived in the middle of nowhere and he drove through massive snow drifts to make sure he was ok.

The couple of hours spent chatting to my dads friend was great :)

Advertisement