Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I CAN HELP YOU

Options
  • 21-12-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭

If you have the driving skills or the old 4wd please post here and offer your services to a local person who is in trouble due to the weather.
    please state your general location and a general idea of what you can help with, shopping, coal, path or steps clearing, etc.

Able bodied man accompanied by a female on all calls for help available to assist you getting supplies in if your really stuck. 4wd available D16 Knocklyon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If you have anyone who needs help/shopping in the Lucan area, I can be of assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

decent people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Fair play guys.

Mech1, was that you that nearly knocked me over near the Knocklyon church about 20 minutes ago!?

I was on a hike to Superquinn for snow beers with the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

No, but maybe tomorrow if you do it again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I'm available in Maynooth area for the next 24 hours. Normal car but good (and slow/safe) driver.

• Advertisement

If anyone reading this thread needs a hand then pm your nearest volunteer, we would be glad to help if we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

This thread has made me proud to be Irish. Well done to all offering help.

Already helping out two elderly neighbours. They have cars but the road we're on is lethal at the moment so I have been bringin them into town when I can & other neighbours are doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Available for driving and snow digging in rathfarnham tomorrow morning. Only early though I'm afraid. I'll be off at half nine or so for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Kiltipper Hill, General Dublin 24 area from Square shopping centre up to Sally Gap.......access to quad, 4x4, scrambler and tractor, if anyone needs any help or parents looked in on up here let me know,have plenty of spare turf for anyone short on fuel to heat homes free of charge also wife is here to help too,. Even if i can clear your driveway just to help you get about, its no bother at all.

PEOPLE FROM ALL AREAS PLEASE PUT A NOTICE HERE IF YOUR IN A POSITION TO HELP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

anyone needing help in co clare pm me if you need lift to shops . anything like that. also driving up to bray co wicklow christmas eve at 11.30 in morning, have one space in car if anyones in need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

In Meath if i can help anyone i will,

Just pm me,

Regards,
    Brian.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Newbridge area , have a 4X4 if anyone needs supplies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Carlow town area..

I won't drive if gets very bad..

But can/will help or call in to anyone within 2/3 miles of town if anyone needs shopping or anything..

I'm a great snow walker..

No farmers need apply to me to clear their fields!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Will be around the next 3 days at home if anybody is stuck.

For the country as a whole, the following link may be of assistance.
    http://www.muintir.ie/ This is linked to the Community Alert initiative which is partnered by the Gardaí.

Take care out there

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

In Athlone will help in any way that I can, just pm me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

In Crumlin, Dublin 12....if I can help anyone out just let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Ballybrack, Co.Dublin here.

Have already helped a few but could always help more.

Pushing, digging, pulling, dragging, shopping, carrying...whatever is needed.

PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

anyone in inishowen thats really stuck give me a shout!got a shogun that will go anywhere.

Thanks to all that have replied sofar, could you all possibly "bump" this thread in whatever other threads that you follow? The more people that we have reading this the more help we can give!!! It might be as easy as picking up milk and bread for someone 2 streets away. And you might make a new friend, or save a life.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

In Swords, Co. Dublin, available for driving and shopping etc.

Not great on digging/pushing due to a dodgy hip.

Pm if I can help out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

in limerick city work in a supermarket so pm if u need :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

bmw535d wrote: »
    anyone in inishowen thats really stuck give me a shout!got a shogun that will go anywhere.

I read that as shotgun :)
    Fair play to you anyway and everyone else

would love to help but currently in sunny Edmonton, Canada at -16

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

After months of incessant bad news, where we are constantly burned by tales of incessant, cruel greed and self interest...

a thread like this reads like a breath of fresh air.

Fair dues to all and may good karma go your way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Mech1 wrote: »
    Thanks to all that have replied sofar, could you all possibly "bump" this thread in whatever other threads that you follow? The more people that we have reading this the more help we can give!!! It might be as easy as picking up milk and bread for someone 2 streets away. And you might make a new friend, or save a life.

Maybe post in the regional forums as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Have car and willing and able husband (bless) plus lots of logs and coal if anyone local running short....

Also a few bottles of wine in case anyone needs a quick glug.......!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

In blanchardstown driving and shopping,pushing little bit of digging(quite crap as I am crap at it)but let me know if I can help.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Available in Swords too, will be doing a walk to the shops tomorrow, if anyone is stuck for anything.
    Available for car pushing and shopping...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

This thread resorts your faith in human nature, well done to everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Around Tallaght area, don't have 4x4 but will help as much as I can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

In Galway city/it's outskirts, with 4x4. Pm me and I'll do what I can to help you out:)

Advertisement