Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS / Amazon deliveries

Options
  • 21-12-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Anyone had anything delivered from UPS or Amazon since weekend? I've been waiting on a Santa present to arrive since Sunday but no sign yet. Keep getting updates that it's delayed but really hoping it will make it for Christmas! Any inside news anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭minstrel_boy

I had a parcel delivered yesterday to my work address in galway. Ordered it bout 8 days before arrival and went for free delivery option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Had a UPS order delivered this morning with no delays other than the usual remote location crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

Midnight on thursday was the last date that amazon could guarantee delivery by christmas. in saying that, I ordered 2 books on thursday and i got one of them yesterday, so delivery is still pretty quick.

fingers crossed for you, especially as its from santa!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

If it has reached the depot you might be quicker picking it up yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KathOFlan

Thanks for these replies. Ordered them last Wednesday but coming from UK and seem to have got stuck there at weekend. Paid a fortune for Priority post just to get guarantee of delivery but no sign yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Got amazon from An Post on Saturday no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 crying

got a few books delivered yesterday. They could have been with an post before the weekend though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ordered stuff on Amazon Marketplace on the 16th from 2 different sellers in the UK, dispatched on the 19th and arrived today. Both with An Post at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Since when does Santa use UPS/Amazon?
    He is from a country covered in snow all year round so I'm pretty sure he will be able to handle the little dusting we got here.

I should have gotten my son UPS-ed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

i ordered from amazon on sat night
    was dispatched on sunday day and it arrive this afternoon portlaoise area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

During the last snow UPS called on a Monday and I wasn't in. The left a note saying calling Tuesday. No sign of them. I phoned and a call-centre type person said the weather was bad so no deliveries.

I was walking up the road on Thursday when I saw a UPS van going down the road. (They had called again and left another note.) I ran and luckily caught up at the T-junction when traffic stopped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

I got 2 parcels yesterday from amazon, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Two yesterday, in seperate deliveries. Still waiting on one, it arrived in Dublin with the other two but no sign yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I have a christmas present waiting in the UPS depo in Dublin since Friday :mad: I called them up today and they said that it would definitely be delivered before 7pm and then on the tracking site this showed up "DUBLIN, IE 21/12/2010 17:09 ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS " I will be really disappointed if it does not come by christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WD_Joe

I have a package waiting in the depot in Dublin. The tracking indicates it may not be delivered because of the weather. Where is the depot located? Is it in Finglas or Ballymount? Can you go to the depot and collect it? Has anyone done this before???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I had a package coming from the states, flown to East Midlands, flown to Cologne, flown to Brussels, and now it's back in Birmingham :confused:

Delivery supposed to be tomorrow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

I got a delivery yesterday from UPS. They did ring in advance to let me know could they drop it at a petrol station about a mile away and that could they leave a neighbours package there too for me to deliver:confused::confused:
    I then said could they get it to a closer pub where i could walk too. 10 minutes later they arrived at my door;).

I did the ring the depot and they were able to tell me it was with the driver so i'm sure they could tell you which depot your parcel is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

i had a few games and blurays delivered today,ordered on the 17th from amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 glasto

My UPS delivery should have arrived on the 20th, it didn't leave the UK until the 21st and now it appears to be in the Newtownabbey depot. The weather is very bad I know, but so much for guaranteed delivery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Ordered stuff from France on Monday. One arrived to my workplace in Athlone this morning. The other is in Dublin, and the tracking thingy says "Adverse Weather Conditions". Hopefully it will make its way here today.

Are UPS working tomorrow?

I ordered a Kindle on the 13th, paid for expedited delivery. No sign of it yet :(

I was getting it delivered to a friend in Derry as they won't deliver them here but he is back in Dublin now so not going to have it for Christmas :(

They used City Link - absolutely dire it has to be said - not answering calls - as in, they have a message saying they're not taking calls because of the high volume of calls :confused: and I emailed them Monday and they haven't replied! Their tracking system said on Monday that it would be delivered Monday and said that until today when it says it will be delivered yesterday! It also says out for delivery in Milton Keynes! disaster.

I reckon if I had gone with free delivery Royal Mail would have gotten it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

I ordered from amazon on the 17th, with UPS delivery. According to my amazon account 'Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit' however the UPS tracking just says 'billing information received' which seems to mean they havent even gotten the parcel??? anyone any ideas if its even on its way?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Ring 1890995500
    Its a general number for ups.

Have your tracking number ready.

Had a UPS delivery yesterday, the last of my batch.

What I didn't factor in was the possibility that Amazon wouldn't pack everything... items were missing. Argh! They weren't sent in a separate delivery either, I have the invoice for this one and not everything on it is there.

Fcuking UPS sent my package to Cologne by accident. Useless tossers.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Fcuking UPS sent my package to Cologne by accident. Useless tossers.

All my packages went from the UK to Cologne to Dublin. I don't understand it either but I guess that's their standard route.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Also have a package sitting in Cologne. When it got there yesterday it was rescheduled to be delivered by the 30th.

It's clearly the weather and delays at airports etc, not much can be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

LookingFor wrote: »
    All my packages went from the UK to Cologne to Dublin. I don't understand it either but I guess that's their standard route.

i had a UPS package sent from the NL the other day. it went through cologne also! landed in dublin today at 6.30 this morning but doesn't say out for delivery. if only they'd update their thing more frequently!
    are they meant to be delivering tomorrow? hope they will!

• Advertisement

LookingFor wrote: »

Well mine then went to Brussels. There is two items in my package. One was left in Brussels whilst the other one is flown back to Tamworth in the UK. :confused:

Advertisement