Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High risk stocks (Petroceltic)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rs500ff

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    I can understand your frustration but with the management in place and the cash at hand, I'm in this for the long run :D

http://www.davy.ie/LR?id=3049&fb_source=message

Over what period are you holding and more importantly how long are you willing to wait??

I’m in this dog for the last year and a half or so. I have averaged down a number of times and have never held this share as a gain.
    I could have further averaged down this week but can’t bring myself to so.

And yes, I know what you’re all thinking. I am emotionally attached to this share!!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

rs500ff wrote: »
    Over what period are you holding and more importantly how long are you willing to wait??

I’m in this dog for the last year and a half or so. I have averaged down a number of times and have never held this share as a gain.
    I could have further averaged down this week but can’t bring myself to so.

And yes, I know what you’re all thinking. I am emotionally attached to this share!!

Hope you decided to wait! Seems like now that Blackrock are out of the picture the sp is really starting to rally :D

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    Hope you decided to wait! Seems like now that Blackrock are out of the picture the sp is really starting to rally :D

Typically PCI wipes off all of yesterday’s gains. What a teflon, dog of a share!

I’m still holding but once it gets to .095-.10 (if it ever does) I am gone. Far too much money invested in this over the last 16 months with zero return.

For those of you holding at 4p-5p, well done. But there many others, like myself, that could only use the opportunity to average down.

No matter how much cheerleading PCI gets the market simply does not believe in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

I think RS is right. I was one of the first on this board to start ramping this share. Have almost lost all faith in it. No matter what they do the market just wants to either manipulate or forget about it. I need to get up to 14-15cent though so my journey is not over yet. The right time to sell was when the first reserve estimates came out and the speculation was rife.

There have been too many excuses and speculative comments for one to deduce a cogent explanation of PCI’s performance.
    Institutional investors disposing of shares are the latest to be blamed.

I like to take a punt. I like the risks involved. If the share had collapsed to 4-5p and stayed there then I could accept the loss and work around it.
    With companies like this I expect either a flop or a flare and I think that is why I am so frustrated with PCI.
    I have almost 25k invested in PCI btw.

Anyway I will post when I get out and decide what to do then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

Same as you guys on PCI. Going to see Tom Hickey's presentation next week so will see what that brings. Its been very frustrating.. I think as a company they don't communicate very well with the market and last year allowed themselves to be in a position, to use Brian O'Cathain's words, where "every drill result was a referendum on the company".

I might sell out in March and go into FOGL if Bor hit a duster..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

I'm not selling at least until the drilling results in Italy are in. Even then, I might not sell as Kurdistan will only be around the corner.

I have been frustrated in the past too. But look at the 6 month chart if you still think it's not performing well enough for you. What price you paid is largely irrelevant. What matters is the current price and trying to predict the future price. For me, it will certainly be going higher.

That’s where I fell down with PCI before TB. Back about a year ago I thought 12-14c was a very good price.

What sort of time frame is the Italian drill and then Kurdistan?
    Pie in the sky stuff I know but what would be your expectations in 6-12month scale.

Unfortunately most of my cash is with PCI so I think I may well leave it for a further another 6 months but I am losing interest.
    TBH I don’t know what way to go.

What sort of time frame is the Italian drill and then Kurdistan? Pie in the sky stuff I know but what would be your expectations in 6-12month scale.

TBH I don’t know what way to go.

Why not come along to the Shelbourne next Tuesday where PCI are presenting so? Tom Hickey is presenting and you can catch a word with him at the reception afterwards. I am heading along..register on Proactive Investors website..

Anyone else want questions answered...pm me...

Thanks for the offer yobr.
    I’m sure others with more experience could ask more challenging questions than me but if you could just slip him a note to say rs500ff wants his money back!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the offer yobr.
    I’m sure others with more experience could ask more challenging questions than me but if you could just slip him a note to say rs500ff wants his money back!

Will do, am sure he will have some of that Enel cash in his bag, minus my fee, of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

Tom Hickey is a great man and I was glad to see him come on board. He has an impressive track record too. Unfortunately this has not changed anything and the market still seems to want to depress this share. As I said before, the best point to sell would have been when all the hype of the Gas discovery first came out. It is kind of sad in a way to see how the market really values a share. Buy the rumour, sell the fact could not be further from the truth with this share. Kurdistan might be another game changer for Petroceltic but whats to say the Market Makers won't depress the share again. What this share really needs is for an extraordinary special dividend to be released to shareholders. Sell the rest of the Algeria stake and give holders a nice divi, I'd like to see how the market reacts then. Then use the rest of the cash to proceed with other prospects.

The reality is that shareholders of every AIM oil stock could come on here and tell you how undervalued their stock is.

It's a fact that cash is sitting on the sidelines, as there is very little appetite for risk right now. "The Market" is not surpressing the price of the share, general macro economic uncertainties are. PCI is not alone.

It seems most on here agree that PCI has a great portfolio of assets and that the share price doesn't reflect these assets. I find it fascinating that people would then want to sell under these circumstances. Of course we have traders out there who are gifted enough to buy and sell at the right time, but nobody who writes on these boards is talented enough to do this.

Tell us where you would put the proceeds of your sale and get better value?

One thing that is 100% true in markets is that the true value will always be found. Buyers and sellers overbuy and oversell. PCI is oversold. Just wait for true market value to be realised and then you can take some off the table.

Have a bit of patience. You can't invest in AIM shares and expect a nice steady rise.

As for the proposal to issue a special dividend.... PCI is a growth company. Investors have invested because they want growth, not a dividend. PCI needs to spend their cash on a new project at a price below true value, and I am confident the management team will find a bargain to make us all happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 colinm5040

Anyone going on Tuesday evening?

colinm5040 wrote: »
    Anyone going on Tuesday evening?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

yobr wrote: »
    Yes.
    yobr
    If you would, could you ask about any new ventures they are looking into.
    Are they looking to farm in with another operator on an existing licence or will they go it alone.
    Also what about Libya, are they looking there???

Cheers yobr

I'm also going tomorrow and I'm happy to ask any questions if people are interested. Definitely want to quiz them on Kurdistan! early progress again in the SP today which isn't bad for a Monday morning. Funny how getting in at different times really changes your perspective on the stock. I'm average up 20% now but don't plan on leaving anytime soon!

I won’t be attending myself unfortunately but would appreciate if you those of you attending could keep us updated.
    Thanks

Back to break even for me this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Seb Dangerfield

Heading in tomorrow also, to hear the presentation.
    I just bought into this share ten days ago at 8.4p, and feel there is tremendous upside to this company:
    I bought in based on the two highly prospective licences in Kurdistan which are just down the road from GKP's massive Shaikan discovery. Looks like they will carry out two major drills here in early 2013 after seismics are done.
    If GKP is bought out, PCI should gain from this.
    The downside is the political risk of this region but hopefully this has been reduced, seeing as some of the majors are now willing to jump in.

Algeria looks like a fantastic prospect, with good flow rates.
    Ain Tsila estimated to contain 10 trillion cu.ft. gas which is approx. 175 million barrels oil equivalent!

Also, good management team and cash on balance sheet.

With a market cap of £187m, the above info alone, without looking at the Ireland and Italy prospects, made this a buy and hold for me.
    Hopefully this will be a good year for PCI holders:)

(Most of my portfolio is now invested in oil & gas stocks as I think they are being re-rated with risk on again)

Welcome aboard Seb. You are on to a winner here, no doubt about it.

I am unable to attend tomorrow but I wish all of you the best. Take notes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

Hi folks,
    If its not too much trouble could anyone attending the meeting press them for a bit more info on our Italian venture,basically will there be an Italian rollover on the ban.
    I have a decent chunk in here,been tested over the past 2 years but stuck with it as I believe it will go north of 1 pound before the end of 2013 in my humble opinion.
    I would be interested to hear others opinion of a target sp you believe this share can achieve given the play we have now and with a bit of disposable income to further acquire new ventures.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I believe it will go north of 1 pound before the end of 2013 in my humble opinion.

Man, that would be so awesome. I know most people play with bigger funds, but it would be amazing if I could turn my €400 into €4000 :P As an unemployed person, that would be so, so brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

I believe it will go north of 1 pound before the end of 2013 in my humble opinion.

Man, that would be so awesome. I know most people play with bigger funds, but it would be amazing if I could turn my €400 into €4000 :P As an unemployed person, that would be so, so brilliant.

I hope you can achieve this but choose your broker carefully as the taxes and fees could make a serious dent into that 400.

Its not as clear cut as that man. Check out some of the sticky threads and spend some time researching.
    As stated above taxes and charges always get you. Problem is the risk only begins to make sense when you've got a lot to loose.

Anyway, a good day it seems for PCI today but be prepared for plenty of sell offs along the way. This share has a history of bucking the trend when you least expect it.

Went along last night, not any real new information, will post something more later on...

Interesting enough talk. There were two companies called RedRock Resources and Western Zargos that I haven't really looked into before but could have a bit of value to them. The others were PCI and Kedco.

Petroceltic was really interesting. My impression is that it won't be one of those shares that increases dramatically over the next few months. I get the feeling that this is a longer term project. Tom made the point about looking for a partner in Italy so as not to hold too much risk in any single project. They are fully funded which is great (but not anything new on what we had before) but they will require a huge amount of finance to take advantage of Algeria which again will be done through a partner. Their share in Algeria is worth more than the current market cap and 30% of whatever they produce will be liquid which sells at the same price as a barrel of oil :D Focus seems to be on building an established company and with that in mind I think I'm going to lock away my shares and come back in 12 months!

As regards to Kurdistan it seems like (and this is taken from the Western Zargos presentation) that it is potentially a game changer with numerous proven fields in the area. The only concern would be that the fields seem to be in an area that are harder to drill than some of the more southern fields. Saying that, I imagine the area itself is politically more stable than those areas. They seemed quite encouraged by the fact Exxon have moved into the area.

All in all quite encouraging. They are meeting with Goldmans sales team at the end of March so we may see a bit of action around then. I'm sure others will have more to contribute. I'd say don't get involved if you're looking for immediate gains but over the long term this is a safe investment with numerous positive projects in the pipeline.

If you are looking at short term gains have a look at Western Zargos listed on the TSX Venture. Their speaker reckons that with the oil they have and are about to announce the share could increase five fold in the next six months. Big danger here is that they are entirely focused on Kurdistan so anything in the region goes wrong and they are bust!

I'm going to avoid Kedco but only because I'm already involved in too many AIM shares at the moment :p

RedRock resources focus on Iron, Gold and Uranium and seem to have a number of projects in the pipeline so anyone interested in them let me know and I'll type out what I took down.

GLA

Thanks for posting that bluefox.

I'm going to digest that while out on lunch and then probably decide to leave my shares sit for another 6-12months like yourself!

Not sure if I like the emergence of GS involvement though.

Great write up Bluefox, much appreciated. Will certainly take a look at the other firms you mentioned...

A few of my brief notes from Tuesday’s presentation,

1. Algeria.

The FDR has been submitted to Sonatrach and PCI await their approval. This is the last step in the process of the field being declared a commercial. Tom Hickey (TH) mentioned a figure of 10TCF (he didn’t indicate whether it was GIIP or recoverable figure). He also indicated that the Ain Tsila was of great interest to Sonatrach as the field comprised 5-6% of all GIIP in Algeria.

Interestingly, since TH came to PCI, it appears to me that he is careful to always describe the field in terms of its full 30 years lifespan and what it might eventually produce over this lifetime rather than just a figure of the amount of gas that might be initially recoverable. In this regard, he spoke about the possibilities for shale gas in the field which have yet to be explored and are not covered under the existing PCI licence. This change could also be down to Geoff Probert.

In terms of the development of the field, TH indicated it has been done before and he spoke about what BHP did at Ohanet (se page 7 of presentation). Geoff Probert, now with PCI, was responsible for the development of FDR for that field.

The 2nd farm out of Ain Tsila will not happen until 3rd or more likely, the 4th quarter this year. It’s a more complicated process in Algeria as the company have to get Sonatrach’s permission to share data which slows down the process. TH indicated that the number of firms who are interested is in double figures. My own view is that given the long wait for the Enel payment, I think we could be looking at 3rd or 4th quarter 2013 before we get the cash.

Further cash on its way from ENEL once FDR is approved. TH indicated that PCI has enough cash for next two years.

2. Italy.

TH indicated that there has been much talk about the lifting of the off shore drilling ban but, as yet, there is no definitive timescale for this.

Rosavenda. Expected to spud in either November or December and be at TD by Feb/March 2013. PCI will bring in a farm out partner but no timescale was given on this.

3. Kurdistan.

TH ran through the history of the PCI legwork in their attempts to secure blocks in Kurdistan. The contract for the seismic has been awarded and this should commence in March.

4. Other issues.

TH indicated that the company maker for Tullow was having a large number of projects ongoing at once and he gave the impression that PCI should follow this route. PCI are scouting the MENA area for opportunities, although they are not necessarily confined to that area.

TH acknowledged that there is a lot of sector consolidation going on and he mentioned Cove and Bowleven. In response to whether Goldman Sachs were building a stake, he indicated that that PCI might not know this unless they breached a threshold. TH also indicated that PCI were meeting with GS in March.

Any other questions just ask….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 colinm5040

thanks for the write up yobr much appreciated. great to see so much chat going on at the moment about pci, interesting times...:D

Advertisement