Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scariest game you ever played?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i got Limbo on XBLA last night, wouldnt call it scary, but its brilliantly atmospheric, something about the image of dead kids is unsettling. seeing ones who have been hung is a fair bit creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

The lost crown a ghosthunting adventure. on PC
    its point and click very atmospheric and creepy voice acting and visuals are fantastic.
    some seriously creepy moments when you are in an abandoned church and you whip out your nv camera and see the ghost of a psychopath walking round the church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

Alien vs predator

I just cant play it! having watched the movies when I was a kid I was terrified of aliens! and in the game they are so fast!!!

+ the sensor radar sounds exactly like the movies which is creepy as ****
    and the machine gun sounds as well..

God I hate that game for being a scary mother ****er :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Doom was the first game that had me reacting with dread everytime I heard a secret door open somewhere.

Resident Evil is an obvious choice. The original had so many well staged scares. The atmosphere of the Arklay mansion just hasn;t been replicated in any of the sequels (RE2 comes close)

Dead Space made up for the disappointingly scare-free Resident Evil 5. The pacing is almost perfect. Sound design is amazing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just tried to replay Dead Space in advance of the sequel. On hard mode.

Pants were shat. Guns were ammoless. Heads were lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

The first quake was pretty scary.
    Cyberdemons have also featured in some nightmares.

+1 for the Aliens v Predator game as well. Very scary and atmospheric.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 susonjoy

The scariest game I played is the "Amnesia the Dark Descent", really a horror game which you're ever going to play. The game is having the quality sound effects which the horror sound effects makes you to feel like a horror movie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement