Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTC Christmas & holiday greetings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Many thanks for all your generosity through the year. Your forecasts are essential reading.

Just want to add my two bits worth to the bunch MT. Thanks a million.
    Did you ever think you'd grow up to be an Irish National treasure ? :)

Happy Christmas to you.

Jacqui

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Hey, I'd be happier if it was like the old times where I was just popping in once or twice a day and it was no big deal. This is too much self esteem for me to handle. :cool:

By the way, thanks to several kind folk for their messages about computer troubles, as it happens a fix that we tried about an hour before I typed up my opening post, seemed to work so far today. Fingers crossed. If not, I may be in touch with one or two of you re your suggestions. But we may have this under control. I think I got this virus here, too, maybe some people remember one day in early November there was a spam link in a discussion thread, the person posting afterwards warned of it but only after I clicked on it (and got one of those "hello, we are here to fix your computer" home pages from some spam artist).

Not blaming boards of course, people try this all over the internet and I can recognize it 99% of the time, but this one fooled me (spoke of interesting weather pictures or something bogus). :(

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Merry Christmas MT and thanks ever so much for the forecasts, my first port of call every morning lately to see what the day might deliver.

Oh and its 00.14, you said there would be thunder at 00.00, where is it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Happy Christmas MT and family!

Have a jolly holiday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Happy Christmas to MTC and the Weather forum crew from a "fierce mild" (-9'C) West Cork.
    156870_10150092337846077_571606076_7634234_4017303_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Maxamber

MT, I came across your forecasts for the first time a month ago, took them seriously and stocked up in earnest for both family and livestock. We are at 300m asl near Roundwood in Wicklow and have had your 40cm of snow and then some, not to mention minus 14 last night! Because of you we have avoided very real anxiety and can enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the mountains and forests around us, so we wish you and your family a truly happy and peaceful Christmas and New Year; so grateful!

Maxamber

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

That makes it all worthwhile, not that I've been suffering anything to do this.

I hope people don't mind that I have not routinely thanked your posts in this thread. But we as a cranium family thank you enormously. Our computer troubles have seemingly vanished, it's a festivus miracle. :cool:

And if you have no snow, neither do we, so there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Cheers M.T. You're forecasts are much anticipated and always appreciated. Thanks for the work and hope you have a Happy Christmas.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Thanks MT for your amazing updates and forecasts! Hope you have a very merrychristmas and new year :D even if you have no snow :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Happy Christmas MT:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Merry Christmas, MT - thanks for all your hard work during the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Merry christmas M.T Thanks for all the forecasts and keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

best thread on boards imo, hope you all have a wonderful and safe christmas, and thank you MT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

It's been fascinating for me, I seem to have got a little interest in the weather in a great exciting year, 2010, the year of the weather and a real winter [in winter like December].

Seasons greeting and a peaceful new year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Merry Christmas MT and many thanks for all the forecasts which are always informative and educational.

Thanks to your severe weather warnings I had everything I needed to do for Christmas done by last Wednesday so I have been having a very calm and enjoyable run up to the holidays playing in all this lovely snow - it could have been so different! :eek::eek:

All the best to you and yours for 2011. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

seasons greetings M.T and thanks so much for your forcasts, you are a star:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dear Mr. M.T. Cranium,

I am writing to you regarding your most excellent weather forecasts. I must admit I am only a blow-in to the thread. I think I visited it last January, yeah I know pathetic. Only keep in touch when it's all action. To be honest when the sun is splitting the trees I'm out in it rather than reaading about it.

I wish to thank you for your fantastically accurate forecasts, although I do think it is time now to make it stop. I've no water, no heating and to be honest with you I can nearly (not quite) smell myself. To be frank, it is no longer fun. In the beginning it was great, snowmen, slipping and sliding. Alas, it is not fun washing my teeth with smelly rubber water from a hot water bottle.

So as mentioned above please feel free to make it stop now. If you have any queries or wish to forecast barbeque and bikini weather please do not hesitate to contact me.

Happy Christmas and New Year to you and your family. I wish I was in Vancouver now, driving across Lion's Gate bridge, heading to Dundarave and having a scrumptious hot chocolate. But in reality I'll be having a cup of tea made from either snow or hot water bottle water as described above.

Regards,

fox in three pairs of sox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Happy Christmas To MTC and the rest of the weather forum users, this has been a memorable winter and its not even Christmas Day yet, Heres to a snowy New Year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

I echo the above sentiments MT...not just for the winter forcasts but for all the work you've put in through the past few years!

And I think you deserve a nice break in the Caribbean after this mind bender of a winter!

Have a good one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

:) A relatively new arrival MTC .....Thanks for all the accurate info over the last year...Happy Christmas and New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Wishing you and your family a happy and peaceful Christmas and a clement weather filled New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Have a great Christmas MT, from me and my mother (who is now ringing me every day to read out your forecast);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Happy Christmas MT and all at Boards. Thanks for all your hard work MT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Hi MT.

I've been reading these forums forever and have never been more impressed with a single poster.

You're an absolute gent and easily the finest forecaster around these parts, despite not living around these parts!

I wish you the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

Merry Christmas MT to you and your family
    I too just click on your homepage to check your latest posts
    Have to say they are informative and sometimes witty
    Thanks

Nollaig shona duit

Meercat

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Hi MT. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours. I love getting up in the morning and checking out the forum to see whats in store for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭saleda

Long time lurker of these weather forums.. the last month has been addictive to say the least :)

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas MT. Keep up the great work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Have a very merry Christmas! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Your great M.T you really are
    you deserve all the praise you get Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Advertisement