Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****STOLEN*** TREK 6300 DUNDRUM (BALALLY LUAS STOP)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭markfdrums

was checking the garda flickr selection, some nice bikes in there.

I'd say theres no chance they'll keep that updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

HappyHarry wrote: »
    It sucks that your bike was stolen, and your frustration is understandable.

However, you need to face the harsh reality. You didn't have appropriate locks (I don't care what the person that sold it to you says). For a €1,000 bike, you should have at least two decent locks and use them in a smart way. I see many similar bikes locked around that area in stupid ways. The lock should be sufficiently sized (i.e. not too big) and placed in a hard to access place.

BTW, seen lots of bikes in the area with tape stuck over the name\model. Not going to fool many thieves!

If you bike was left there overnight, or for a few hours late at night then it is likely that no lock would have saved it. That was a bad idea and having had a bike stolen in the area before you should have known better.

The idea that the Luas was running late so that would help, is frankly naive, it's runs every half hour from 12am-3am.

Signs are not the answer, I hate to say it but monitored cameras in areas with large volume of bike parking (luas stops etc) may help.
    some sort of organised biker vigilante gang could also help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

If I locked and left my 1K bike at a Luas stop overnight Id be more surprised to see it there the next day rather than nicked!! On the walk down to collect Id be preparing myself to see an empty space where it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    If I locked and left my 1K bike at a Luas stop overnight Id be more surprised to see it there the next day rather than nicked!! On the walk down to collect Id be preparing myself to see an empty space where it was.
    Obviously the scumbags don't like the snow. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

markfdrums wrote: »
    I Attached a pic. Its not mine but exact replica. I put a few items like a bashguard and it has a red giro sticker on the downtube.

Nightmare i really liked that bike :(

That's a beautiful bike, I really feel for you. :(

I was planning to buy a new bike with the new year but seing the latest trend I might have a second thought...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

markfdrums wrote: »
    It wasnt a kryptonite lock but was a fairly hefty chain with plastic coating. about 30 quids worth. not easy to cut thats for sure

Well obviously you are wrong. You can cut through a lock like that in about 2 seconds. The only serious lock is a D-Lock. Other locks are good as back-up but not main security.

I learned from experience.

Advertisement