Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Education Jobs Available

Options
  • 18-12-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

This thread can be used to post about jobs available in the Education sector.

Please post just once about the job. Multiple posts will be deleted.

No discussion of jobs allowed. All enquires are to be conducted by Private Message only.

No phone numbers/email addresses allowed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coachfordcoll

Geography with Irish substitution hours (10 hours per week) may be available in Coachford College, Co.Cork. from January 2011. Further details available by request.

Short Term Substitute Teacher of Irish (substantial hours) may be available with an immediate start at Coachford College, Cork. Further details on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tosh999

Teacher of Home Economics initially required for two weeks, 22 hours. Athboy Community School. Please PM if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭newfrontier

Just a quick post to see if anyone has Fetac Experience in PLC sector dublin area..subjects are all IT levels 5 & 6. 17 hrs

PM me if you need more info

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

hrs available at FE college in Business and IT. Dun Laoghaire area. Full spec http://www.dlvec.webhostingireland.ie/PTFT-BusStudandIT-09022011.php

Closing date next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Choc123

Hi guys,

If you're having trouble deciding what you want to do this summer, why not consider working for TECS in the south of Spain.
    TECS is recruiting enthusiastic and hard working young people to spend up to eight weeks working in one of our six camps: Family Camp, Star Camp, Sports Camp, Little Village, Magic Village and Go Camp.
    The Summer School programme is an activity based language learning programme in which language learning is combined with fun activities like: sports, adventure, excursions, music, computers, art, handicrafts, nature, songs, games, parties. The objective is for Spanish Children to learn English whilst enjoying themselves in a camp atmosphere. Each summer dozens of young people from across the world choose TECS as their place of work. You do not need Spanish to work with TECS.
    TECS is a recruiting in DCU and St Pats on Thursday 14th April. To apply check out http://www.tecs.es/employment/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

befriend1 wrote: »
    Hi Newfrontier

I have some experience in this area, however my subject areas are all based in education (psychology, sociology, social policy, intercultural education etc) Is there any availability in that? I would really like to hear back from you.

Thanks
    Discussion on thread is not allowed. Please PM newfrontier about the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LimerickJoe

Chris in JIK (help@jobinkorea.co.kr)

Hi All,

We are looking for 2 native teachers who can work in Kangwon-do, Teaback-si.
    This location is one hour away from Donghea beach, surrounding by beatiful mountain area. and if you like to go climbing or hiking this position will be perfect to work and chill.

And No work on Friday! so you only work for 4days a week.

Couple teachers are also welcome. this position will offer nice couple housing.

more information below. if you are interested in this position, please send me email back with your recent resume & photo.

i am looking for hearing from you soon!

Job ID: #11019

Job Title: 2 native techers wanted in Kangwondo

Job Information Location: Kangwon-do
    Salary Offered: KRW 2,200,000 / Month
    Open Positions: 2 English Native Speaker(s) (Presently 0 Native speakers working)

Job Conditions Teacher Level Required: Bachelor
    Starting Date: Monday, March 21, 2011
    Teaching Group(s): Grade School
    Teaching Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
    Teaching Hour: 120 Hour(s) / Month
    Working Time: PM 1:30:00 ~ PM 9:00:00

Benefits Offered Overtime Pay: 20,000 / Hours
    Paid Holiday: 14 Days
    Housing: Single
    Benefits: Round-trip Airfare, Medical Insurance (50%), Paid Vacation, Year-end Bonus

This position is still available - Home Ec Teacher, 18 hours, - any science graduate interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Electra19

Additional online tutors wanted for all major subjects Leaving Cert, GCSE, A level and third level. Online one-to-one tutorials take place in real time. Work from home if and when you feel like it. Tutors are paid €10 for each tutorial, maximum 20 minutes. The tutorials take place in secure online meeting rooms where students can talk directly with the tutor, share notes or use chat messaging. There is no video, to protect the privacy of both students and tutors.
    Register directly www.24-7tutorials.com There is no registration fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Bahrain Polytechnic is hiring again.

Remember, substitute the word "lecturer" for "tutor".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

Sligo VEC, closing date 13th July - It states no details on subjects - may be required but closing date is 13th July teaching jobs Sligo VEC has an ad in Sunday independent said the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Sligo VEC, closing date 13th July - It states no details on subjects - may be required but closing date is 13th July teaching jobs Sligo VEC has an ad in Sunday independent said the same thing

Here ya go

http://www.sligovec.ie/sites/default/files/files/teaching%20posts.pdf

Substitute Teacher of Science and Biology, 18 hours with a possible immediate start may be available at Coachford College, Coachford, Co.Cork. Further details by request.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Hi all

I work for a FETAC accredited independent education and training provider which has courses at levels 4-6 running all over Ireland.

We are currently looking to expand some of our courses so if anyone has experience in the following modules and is interested in delivering courses like these part time in the evenings in the new year (starting January 2012) please get in touch with me directly:

Dublin Area:
    FETAC Level 5 Social Studies
    FETAC Level 5 Communications

Cork Area:
    FETAC Level 5/6 Mental Health
    FETAC Level 5 Social Studies

South East Region:
    FETAC Level 5 Addiction Studies
    FETAC Level 5/6 Mental Health

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

[Cleared with mod Spurious]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Secondary school in Meath is looking for somebody asap to teach LC Irish revision classes at night. PM for further info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HalcyonDaze

We are seeking math, science, and English tutors who are qualified in their subject areas and comfortable working with students in the following programs:
    IGCSE, IB, AP, A-Level.

We are also seeking tutors with experience in the following key areas:
    ESOL Support at all levels, Learning Support, College Placement Counseling.

The ideal candidate has the following:
    A true love of teaching
    A university qualification in a relevant subject area
    A flexible and adaptable work style
    Experience in SSAT, SAT, IELTS, and/or TOEFL preparation

12-month contract, competitive salary, housing, return airfare, contract-completion bonus, 20-days paid vacation, Z-work Visa.
    The positions are for a tutoring center in Beijing, China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Hi guys,

Just forwarding on this here. ICSE (www.securityexcellence.net) are looking for trainers in the West of Ireland and Dublin areas.

There are looking for trainers in:

FETAC Level 4 Door Security Procedures
    FETAC Level 4 Static Guarding Skills
    Manual Handling
    Child Protection
    CV Preparation

N.B I am not an employee of ICSE, so please do not PM me; I know as much as I've posted. Find their contact details via their website listed above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I am looking for someone to deliver a FETAC Level 3 in French (EF0106) to a group of VEC trainers going to the Alps on the Leonardo da Vinci programme. Hopefully over 2 days in early January in Galway City.

This is the module descriptor: http://www.fetac.ie/doc/WelcomeServlet?DocId=0901df9e800021f3

Pages 4 & 5 of that document shows you what has to be taught.

PM me for details.

N.B You do not need to be registered with FETAC to deliver this course.

Cheers,

David.

siltirocker I have removed your email address and phone number. As per the rules of the thread, posters are asked to PM if they are interested. They can get the contact details that way rather than having them up on a public forum. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭torregolf

Hi, would like to hear from anybody interested in 12-14 hours pw. Must be registered with TC to teach maths. Midlands region. PM if interested

Teacher of Irish and First Year German - Maternity Leave. Athboy CS, Co Meath. 22 hours. PM for details.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

French or Spanish teacher needed in Cork. PM me for more details. Not sure how many hours exactly but there'll always be subbing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kirwanco

Hi there,

I'm looking for a tutor with SEN experience for a 13 year old secondary school student in the Wicklow area. He is a bright young man and a pleasure to work with but he has difficulties with non-literal language and organising himself. If anyone can help me out or knows of somebody who may be able to please PM me.

Unfortunately this young man lost his SNA upon entering secondary school and needs extra help outside of school hours. Mostly his tuition would consist of assisting him in understanding what is required of him from questions and to get used to the language used in text books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 learnit

Learn it - The providers of LEGO Education Workshops & Camps are looking to add to their team of instructors.
    We run LEGO Education Workshops and Camps in Ireland and yes, it is possibly the best job ever... Our classes teach children the principles of Science and Engineering through the use of LEGO. From simple structural engineering to complex programmable robots we have a range of classes for children from ages 5 - 12+, we have run workshops for Junior Infants up to PHD Students in UCD and every one of them has been a blast. We are looking for staff with the same passion and drive that we have, looking to give children the best possible start in education through the use of fun and innovative workshops.

We have part time positions available (weekends, during mid terms, summer camps etc.) Ideally looking for instructors with an educational background or are currently working in Education. You do not need to have a science/engineering background to become an instructor, full training is provided.

http://www.educationposts.ie/status/other_posts/420/5Z/

Drop me a pm for more information..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Post Primary school in Dublin needs the following on a limited, once-off basis:

1. Tutor of Bulgarian.
    2. Tutor of Portuguese.
    3. Tutor of Lithuanian.

In each case the work will involve preparing students for the Leaving Certificate exam in that subject.

PM me to apply or for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 theleo

text deleted from this thread and forwarded to born2bewild as a Private Message

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

A substitute French teacher will be required for oral exam cover in a north Dublin city school. Ability to teach Spanish highly desirable but not essential. Must have demonstrable secondary teaching experience. Please PM me in confidence with a fairly detailed profile for further details. Sorry but I won't be able to deal with queries in the public forum.

Moved to jobs thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fionboyd

TopGrinds is a new internet service to help students find Junior and Leaving Cert Grinds in their local area.

They are currently looking for qualified teachers, or people with a good degree and tutoring experience to meet current demand. They pride themselves on offering high quality tutors, and reliable service to both students and tutors alike.

Further details and a registration form can be found on the website www.topgrinds.ie

Advertisement