Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 15 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I wonder if he thinks your name is really Tom Brady?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I have to be honest now guys the only reason i was watching this game is because i have won the best part of a grand the last few day so was on bet365 and seen it in play betting the score was 0-7 so i threw €50 on the 49ers +13.5 haha not looking the best for me but i honestly am starting to enjoy the game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Heading down to the courthouse tomorrow morning to sort that one out!

no but i bet your name is johnny ryan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It must be really sick for a return guy to do all that and then turn around and see a stupid flag.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    It must be really sick for a return guy to do all that and then turn around and see a stupid flag.

Imagine how sick you would be feeling right now had you placed that bet!

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Imagine how sick you would be feeling right now had you placed that bet!
    Yeah it would have been pretty sick alright. Thankfully I have no bets on this game because they would have been on Ginn and the 49ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

no but i bet your name is johnny ryan :D

Jonathan actually!! But thats too long:o

It's not looking good i think it's time to bring on the waterboy :o

The one thing i don't understand guys do you know when the quarterback throws the ball what happens when the teammate dont catch it?

• Advertisement

The one thing i don't understand guys do you know when the quarterback throws the ball what happens when the teammate dont catch it?
    If its not caught by a player on the opposing team then its an incomplete pass and the play is over and you move on to the next down.

I remember there was somebody here that thought Alex Smith was a real good QB.

Do you want to own up now?biggrin.gif

eagle eye wrote: »
    If its not caught by a player on the opposing team then its an incomplete pass and the play is over and you move on to the next down.

Thanks does the play restart from where the quarterback threw the ball or where the ball lands?

Thanks does the play restart from where the quarterback threw the ball or where the ball lands?
    From the line of scrimmage. And before you ask what he line of scrimmage is, I posted that earlier.

What is Singletary at? The game is over, it was clearly something that there is no chance of overturning. Like how stupid is that guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,750 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Singletary has never impressed me as a head coach tbh. Great player but I feel his playing reputation has helped cover over his flaws. That episode with vernon Davis sumed it up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

According to Jason LaCanfora on Twitter Rex Grossman is starting for the Redskins on Sunday. Players are supposed to be very unhappy that McNabb is benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,750 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

on nfl.com now as breaking news. As an eagles fan I won't say I'm happy about mcnabbs situation as from 1999 to 2010 mcnabb was the only I saw play. But jesus Rex ****ing grossman though. Ouch Donnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sexy Rexy is back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

never mind the redskins quarterback situation, have they got rid of there kicker yet cause he is a shambles....he would have missed the extra point last weekend even if the holder had caught the ball

• Advertisement

never mind the redskins quarterback situation, have they got rid of there kicker yet cause he is a shambles....he would have missed the extra point last weekend even if the holder had caught the ball

The holder/punter got fired. Gano is still there.

If he misses another this week he'll be fired mid-game though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    on nfl.com now as breaking news. As an eagles fan I won't say I'm happy about mcnabbs situation as from 1999 to 2010 mcnabb was the only I saw play. But jesus Rex ****ing grossman though. Ouch Donnie.

What a ridic decision. Grossman is beyond bad and there is just no talent to work with for McNabb. And they're relegating him to 3rd string after this week. I feel bad for Donnie, he was a great qb for us even if he drove me mental at times.

Hopefully he gets out of there and goes to a team that will threat him with some respect. The Redskins are a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

How about that big contract now...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

How about that big contract now...?

They can release him without any penalties at the end of the season, the contract was stupid but it doesn't hold them to anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think the Shannahan is spot on. McNabb has been poor this year.I thought he looked very unfit at the end against Tampa. I think McNabb is done in the nfl, I certainly wouldn't have him over Campbell at the Raiders which is pretty funny when looking at what transpired last summer.

ESPN wrote:
    GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers did not receive medical clearance after sustaining his second concussion of the season and was ruled out for Sunday night's game at New England.

That's any chance the packers had gone now. Season of good breaks for the Bears. Lets wrap up the division on Monday now!

(fingers crossed)

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    That's any chance the packers had gone now. Season of good breaks for the Bears. Lets wrap up the division on Monday now!

(fingers crossed)

Patriots are favourites by 13.5. Not often I agree with such a large spread, but this could be a blow out.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Patriots are favourites by 13.5. Not often I agree with such a large spread, but this could be a blow out.
    It all hinges on whether Clay Matthews can get there before Brady gets it off. If he can pressure Brady then this game could be very close. Brady gets rid of it so fast though that its hard to see him getting there with any regularity, well I hope so.

Packers revolve around Aaron's arm and brain. Without them I give us no chance. It's remarkable that after Majkowski and of course Favre the franchise has churned out another brilliant qb, the downside is that without him things look pretty fragile.

• Advertisement

It's looking like we'll have 6 rookie QB's starting today. Tebow, McCoy, Clausen, Bradford, Skelton and Webb. You've also got Matt Flynn making his first ever start. Going to be an intriguing day.

Advertisement