Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 15 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    The same thing he has been saying all year and all last year about the bears. Tonight he called the Bears offense pathetic and said something like we haven't got a chance because of our o-line and the defense isn't good enough to carry us. Would he ever f**k off. His career was pathetic.

It's one of those cases where I think he is slightly embarrassed about a pre season or early season prediction about a team and is determined to keep saying it in the hope it will come true. Now I personally don't see the Bears going far in the playoffs but they have proved 95% of the pundits completely wrong about them. Same for Cutler really, every week we see 'oh he'll be found out in this game'. People form opinions and are in denial when they don't bear fruit. Like I still think Drew Bledsoe would have won the SB for the Bills in 2003 if it wasn't for injuries!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cutler is still only very average this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

He's back :)

Despite my regular making fun of Favre this year, I'd like to see ol' gunslinger go out on a high on MNF here. I do have a heart after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Awesome attempt at tackling from Chris Harris again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Legend

• Advertisement

Yup, he's most definitely back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That high snap sums up our season

Go Johnny go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If that last pass from Cutler wasn't intentional grounding then I clearly don't understand the rule :confused:

• Advertisement

Favre wishes he was in his sweats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Farve told the comms he was done on Saturday, but should we expect anytihng else than drama when 4 is involved? It's always great fun watching this guy play and we'll all lose something a little special when he finally hangs up his boots.

Favre wishes he was in his sweats :D

Why was that play called dead? One of the replays made it look like the ball came out before he was down which would have been a fumble. Could be wrong though.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Why was that play called dead? One of the replays made it look like the ball came out before he was down which would have been a fumble. Could be wrong though.

Thought that myself. They called it dead really fast.

The often blow the play dead when its clear its going to be a sack to save injury to the QB. Its a common thing these days.

As for Favre, I really pity him this year. That OL is just horrendous, completely untrustworthy.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The often blow the play dead when its clear its going to be a sack to save injury to the QB. Its a common thing these days.

Well yeah but it's usually a lot longer than that. They were very quick to blow it up there. Protecting old man Favre Im sure!

Ref: ''There are fouls by both teams on the play''.

Devin Aromashodou: Yeahhhh!!! CHEST BUMP! :D

Then Cutler INT :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Wow Hester return to nearly get the record. Some running!

Well yeah but it's usually a lot longer than that. They were very quick to blow it up there. Protecting old man Favre Im sure!
    Same crew did it on Flacco against the Falcons iirc. There was a play near the Ravens own goal line where Flacco looked like he was going to be sacked, they blew it up and he got a pass off afterwards but it didn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

darsar wrote: »
    Wow Hester return to nearly get the record. Some running!

Sick man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Aw man. Game over. I'm going to bed.

Favre done for the game. Great game again mate!

Nice way to finish a very long rivalry. Only thing that could beat it is if his last play was an INT.

RECORD FOR HESTER! Congrats!

Doesn't it just show how dumb some of them fans are booing the punter for not kicking it to Hester.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

eagle eye wrote: »
    Doesn't it just show how dumb some of them fans are booing the punter for not kicking it to Hester.:D

fecking eejits... happy now lads?

Webb has speed..but shouldn't have even had the ball down there. That was a BS PI call on Major Wright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Favre done for the game. Great game again mate!

Nice way to finish a very long rivalry. Only thing that could beat it is if his last play was an INT.

He'll still have a 22-11 record over the Bears after today. Id say he's happy enough somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

ridculous call by refs

Rashied Davis is catching TDs. Now that's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

2462vyx.jpg

• Advertisement

This makes me happy. I hope we break 40. Knocked Favre out of the game and destroying the Vikings.
    Oh, also a division win and playoffs for the first time since 06. I wasn't expecting anything close to a division win this season.

Looking forward to hearing Trent Dilfer's view after the game :).

Advertisement