Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward want to take part in Eurovision

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

prinz wrote: »
    Celine Dion would beg to differ. As would ABBA amongst others...
    Different back then. No Eurovision entrant has had success since Celine Dion who won it in '88, and it even took her a few years after that.

prinz wrote: »
    Celine Dion would beg to differ. As would ABBA amongst others...

I was solely referring to who Ireland sent to represent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I was solely referring to who Ireland sent to represent them.

Ok.. I know they weren't representing us..
    But Flatley and that Riverdance thing did pretty bloody well out of the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Dudess wrote: »
    Different back then. No Eurovision entrant has had success since Celine Dion who won it in '88, and it even took her a few years after that.

What do you mean by success though? A lot of entrants might not have gone on to be hits here or in the English-speaking world but have done in their home countries. Sertab Erener has had a few songs that did very well and is a star in Turkey and other countries , Dima Bilan has had a very successful career in Russia and the Russian speaking world with a string of number 1's etc.

In the same way there are Irish people virtually unknown in Ireland that are actually extremely successful abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

OMG Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Jedward Fack Off

Eurovision Fack Off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Meh, let them off. They're irritating as fúck but shur 'tis only Eurovsion. Could be funny, in a cringe-inducing way.

Only problem is that if we send Jedward, the UK will respond by sending Wagner. And he will win the whole thing effortlessly.
    Wagner is Brazilian though.

The two gay lads that went out in the early rounds would be a better comparison.

Hey, what about Mary Byrne? I reckon she could win it. Especially with all those Tesco workers around Europe voting for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1214/jedward.html

Go worldwide with Eurovision?

Shame upon shame, degradation upon degradation....

Of course if it was changed to a competition where they have to fight to the death with fairly blunt knives, I'd support them entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

No. Wasn't alive in the 60s.

n00b
    Israel ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I bet they do very well. I predict top 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

n00b
    Israel ftw

j00b??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

It's a fu'cking joke sending these two little maggots.
    Do you remember when talented people (even if some of them were cheesy) took part (and won this thing)...ABBA, Sandi Shaw, Lulu, Johnny Logan, Celine Dion, Even Katrina and the Waves. OK not my favourite type of music but they weren't piss-taking talentless twats like these two weasels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Depends on what you mean by success. A lot of acts that are entered into the Eurovision aren't geared towards chart success before OR after. Many acts are folk singers, opera singers etc and go on to enjoy success in their niche fields away from mainstream. That German girl who won it this year has been in TV shows and trained as a dancer and has had no formal voice training. YOu could say she's a bit of an all-rounder and those types usually find success in multiple fields of the performing arts whether on stage, on camera, behind the camera, songwriting, scriptwriting, acting whatever. Plus, also, you're rarely going to see some band from bloody Turkey or Belarus smashing the UK charts year after year yet in their home countries they tend to do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I hope they do enter. We need talentless goons to represent us every year. Hosting the Eurovision is a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

Do you know the way those Jedward guys are homos?

Do you ever think that when they're lying side by side on the bed in their hotel room that they ever decided to jack each other off? they could use their hair to mop up all the spunk off their stomachs :cool:

Dutch Rudder??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Wagner is Brazilian though.

The two gay lads that went out in the early rounds would be a better comparison.
    Yeah but there's nothing in the rules about foreigners not being allowed perform for another country. Sure Celine Dion is Canadian, and yer one from Katrina & the Waves is American, I think. Nothing wrong with putting a Brazilian kung-fu master/sex God on the Eurovision stage. :cool:

Also those two gay lads were painful. "Camp as a row of tents" doesn't begin to cover it. (Unless your row of tents is infinitely long.)
    Hey, what about Mary Byrne? I reckon she could win it. Especially with all those Tesco workers around Europe voting for her.

She's not a whole lot different to Niamh Kavanagh though, and Niamh's performance last year proved that a decent singer isn't going to do well when they have to work with a shít song. Mary can definitely sing but if she's not given a decent song then she hasn't a hope. At least with Jedward there's always the chance that they'll do well solely on the "novelty act" vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Who cares tbh?

Eurovision is a pile of pi$$, it's on par with x factor for me

Jedward can suck my balls as well

Advertisement