Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward want to take part in Eurovision

Options
  • 14-12-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1214/jedward.html
    According to Digital Spy, John said: "Right now, our main focus is on Eurovision."

"Yes, the UK needs to pick a good act this year because we're going to win it for Ireland. We're actually serious. We're in talks."

Edward said: "We're going to go worldwide. It's huge, Eurovision."

Go worldwide with Eurovision?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1214/jedward.html

Please god no. I was embarrassed enough when they sent dustin.

Then again, its the eurovision...

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Firstly, they are not half naked women.

Secondly, they are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dustin and now Jedward :(

After this one we should send a Fianna Fail band over, seems to be in keeping with sending muppets to represent us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Firstly, they are not half naked women.

Secondly, they are crap.

thirdly its a song contest! not a talent-less show*

*Debatable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Fr Dick Byrne "Honestly you'd think Ireland actually wanted to lose the Eurovision".
    Fr Ted "And why would you think that?".
    Fr Dick Byrne "Maybe because it would cost to much to host"

Had to make that reference. Anyway yeah, looks like another embarrassing entry by Ireland. Good thing I couldn't give a damn about the Eurovision, otherwise i'd be really p*ssed off now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I saw that ad for the DS(?) last night with them on it. It's like your buttons being pressed. You know the lisping little tits are designed to annoy you and make you erupt in "begrdugery"® but you just can't help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Fr Dick Byrne "Honestly you'd think Ireland actually wanted to lose the Eurovision".
    Fr Ted "And why would you think that?".
    Fr Dick Byrne "Maybe because it would cost to much to host"

crilly is a dumbass
    now that dick burn fella. i like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Meh, let them off. They're irritating as fúck but shur 'tis only Eurovsion. Could be funny, in a cringe-inducing way.

Only problem is that if we send Jedward, the UK will respond by sending Wagner. And he will win the whole thing effortlessly.

I say let them do it. Everyone knows that partaking in the Eurovision is essentially a career killer, so perhaps we'll never hear from them again afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They get living ****e beat out of them over in that place anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Oh for god's sake..

NO!

They are a bloody novelty act..
    And a novelty act aimed at 13 year old Girls at that.

I never got the mentality of the shíte that gets put forward into the Eurovision.
    I mean, seriously.. Why?

Ireland has a FANTASTIC live music scene. There are literally hundreds of unsigned and talented bands playing at venues across the country at any night of the week.
    Bands that actually play instruments, have talent, and aren't just a glorified freak show.

Do you remember when the eurovision had people with actual musical talent in it?
    Not just someone with styled hair that could sing along to a backing track.

I personally blame Simon Cowell for the musical retardation of an entire generation of this planet.

If I ever meet that man, firstly I'd shake his hand and congratulate him on a fantastic business model that has made him a very rich and powerful man.

Then I'd slam him straight in the front of the face with a brick.

He'd know why... :mad:

[/Daily Rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

These are two thing a care nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Wazdakka wrote: »
    If I ever meet that man, firstly I'd shake his hand and congratulate him on a fantastic business model that has made him a very rich and powerful man.

He'd know why... :mad:

[/Daily Rant]

I bet you would not:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I thought we were finally in on the Eurovision joke after years of actually taking it seriously? Can't believe people would be bothered who we send?

Send the two little fruits over for it. I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Do you know the way those Jedward guys are homos?

Do you ever think that when they're lying side by side on the bed in their hotel room that they ever decided to jack each other off? they could use their hair to mop up all the spunk off their stomachs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Eurovision would be a fitting end to their career, If you can call it that.

For two talentless lads, they did well for themselves, but it could only last so long. I hope they actually made a bit of money for themselves in the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's the Eurovision.

We've sent over Dana & Johnny Logan before, so this'd be pretty much par for the course.

And anyway, who really gives a f*ck?

Dana and Johnny Logan were successful though. Jedward would just be a laughing stock. A bit like Dustin, only without the intended pisstake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Do you ever think that when they're lying side by side on the bed in their hotel room that they ever decided to jack each other off? they could use their hair to mop up all the spunk off their stomachs :cool:

You know that I think about it. Jedward do sorta have the same hairdo as Cameron Dias from There's Something About Mary when she uses spunk as hair gel. I guess that's how they get it like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That sounds a bit too well thought out to be a random, off-the-cuff remark.

Is it one of your **** fantasies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Only one of them is.

Let them do Eurovision tbh, it's a crock of shite anyway

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ah good old facebricker....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The Eurovision is broadast globally and reaches more of an audience than any other live non-sporting show IIRC. It's up there with the World Cup final in terms of countries worldwide where it is shown live.

I bet you would not:D

Hell yea I would.

Firstly.. How could I possibly pass up an opportunity like that?

Secondly.. Worst case scenario, you do a few months in jail for aggravated assault, pass it off as being emotionally unstable or something.
    If all else fails play some jedward, or some of his other manufactured tripe at the trial.. No jury on earth would convict you.

Then you could sell the story to all those trashy clitrag magazines that he and his bands are always plastered in.
    Just make sure that you actually have an intelligent point and use the publicity well.
    They'd love a headline like that.."I did it because Cowell is destroying music"
    Make his entire bloody manufactured celebrity industry defend itself publicly in the very media that has been promoting him for years.

At the same time as all this is going on, have someone working in cahoots with you slyly getting one of the jedwards hooked on methadrone or something.

So then he has to defend his industry from the double pronged attack of the rationality that he's a giant douche doing nothing but inflicting wave after wave of one hit crap on the market, and that the mothers of those 12 year old girls he's aiming at won't buy cd's released by a meth addict.

Actual talented and diverse bands fill the void..

Simples

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

let them, we cant afford to win this anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'm fairly sure they've grown beyond handjobs at this stage and are instead rogering each other nightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Do you remember when the eurovision had people with actual musical talent in it?
    No. Wasn't alive in the 60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I say let them do it. Everyone knows that partaking in the Eurovision is essentially a career killer, so perhaps we'll never hear from them again afterwards!

Celine Dion would beg to differ. As would ABBA amongst others...

Dudess wrote: »
    No. Wasn't alive in the 60s.

Really??
    :p

I kid, I kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Oh they want to take part do they? Can we have it arranged for them to be fed to the contestants?

Advertisement