Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is the price of a pint calculated?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭SteeveeDee

And from my point of view, the general apathy shown by most publicans towards craft and quality beer is a big issue, along with untrained staff and ignorant security in many pubs.
    Most other industries lower their prices when sales drop.
    Pubs have done the opposite.

I agree,publicans should treat there business like a good restaurant.ie good atmosphere,good quality in product and service,rotating menus and good price.

i hope in the years to follow that bouncers will become defunct.They generally cause more trouble than control.I was recently in a bar in Dublin with my father of 59 summers,not his or my type of place but we had to meet my younger brother,the da strolled out for a cigarette and was told he wouldn't be let back in if he left by a bouncer,my father inquired why?was he was too old?"that's ageism!" in a very thick mayo accent he said,the bouncer didn't know what he said.Apparently there was a queue outside so 1 out 1 in but there was no smoking area in the place and the obvious place people would go is outside the door.I don't know what he had to do on his security course in order to get his permit but it musn't have involved any common sense.

Advertisement