Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POC's Red Card.++ Mod Warning. Read OP++

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

I know I'm dead right, all you have to do is look at the video evidence and I feel justified in my statement. Think he should stick to the Milk ads to be honest now lads, bout all hes gonna be good for after that injury :(

Sensationalist rubbish - You able to tell that from all the time he has spent on the pitch since the injury yeah? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

I know I'm dead right, all you have to do is look at the video evidence and I feel justified in my statement. Think he should stick to the Milk ads to be honest now lads, bout all hes gonna be good for after that injury :(

I think you're right actually, he was almost non-existent in the first 60 and last 10 minutes of the game on Sunday.

He might as well have been sitting on the subs bench from what I saw of him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Never realised until today that O'Connell once punched Ryan Caldwell in an irish squad training match, knocking him out and putting him into spasm.
    He obviously has a fierce temper that he mostly manages to keep control of but snaps the odd time, ie Cudmore (justified) and Sidoli incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Sundy wrote: »
    Never realised until today that O'Connell once punched Ryan Caldwell in an irish squad training match, knocking him out and putting him into spasm.
    He obviously has a fierce temper that he mostly manages to keep control of but snaps the odd time, ie Cudmore (justified) and Sidoli incidents.

Rumour started by Ryan Caldwell and still used as an excuse to why he never fullfilled his potential.

Was quickly followed by rumour that Caldwell tried to have him cited and banned in an attempt to get a starting place.

Fierce temper my hole, I don't no one decent international second row who doesn't have a hard edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Rumour started by Ryan Caldwell and still used as an excuse to why he never fullfilled his potential.

Was quickly followed by rumour that Caldwell tried to have him cited and banned in an attempt to get a starting place.

Fierce temper my hole, I don't no one decent international second row who doesn't have a hard edge.
    I heard that Superman wears POC pyjamas...:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I heard that Superman wears POC pyjamas...:pac::pac::pac:

You heard wrong...Its Chuck Norris who wears POC pyjamas. I hear that he recently got a red pair too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I read in one of todays papers. Nothing to suggest it was just a rumour.

I seem to remember O'Connell having a reputation as having a temper in his younger days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Of course it would floor me but I'm not 6ft5 and 17.5 Stone either though and I'm pretty sure that the arm would have sailed over my head :D.

If they send out a message that all the "cute whoreness" of holding players off the ball will result in a penalty we will get a quicker game of players showcasing their actual talents. If the refs just started giving out penalties for it, like what happened DOC, we would get a better spectacle.

The lashing out was only bad because of POC's size, if Stringer did the same and hit Thomas in the nuts, we would be in for a fantastic Youtube video rather than a red card. If Paulie hit Thomas in the chest it would have been fine and a fair attempt at freeing himself. POC was stupid but there was nothing less, he doesn't really deserve a ban but 2 weeks would be fair for an act of stupidity.

Contact and Intent are completely relevant, if he had telegraphed a hit woth his elbow and it resulted in the same incident, nobody would be protesting POC's innocence.

Keane didn't end Haland's (spelling) career because of hot-headedness, it was revenge :cool:

Keane should have been sent to prison for that tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Keane should have been sent to prison for that tackle.

So your saying that O Connell should go to jail also?

Because if anybody did what he did at 3am in morning in any city centre across country he be in jail for it too

So your saying that O Connell should go to jail also?

Because if anybody did what he did at 3am in morning in any city centre across country he be in jail for it too

Same would happen if you rugby tackled a person in town...

So whats your point exactly? :rolleyes:
    Thomas would have deserved a smack for f*ck acting on a night out just like he deserved what happened in the match.

Edit: Just because he deserved it doesn't mean that it was POC's right to try shrug him off and knock him out with a flailing arm the size of a leg though.

• Advertisement

Oh and here's an interesting and impartial read on the subject: Link

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

A flick in the face is all it was. From start to finish J Thomas knew the score, the referee was looking right at him and he knew it. Initially look for the reaction, make the most of the swing and hopefully we'll get a man up. 10 mins in the bin for stupidity was enough for POC.

If he'd elbowed him and knocked his nose all over the place maybe the red card and a hefty a ban would be justified but a slap in the face? Please. J Cudmore took POC's close fisted best a while back and got up looking for more. These boys mean business and a slap in the face doesn't make them go down like a sack of spuds unless they really want it to. He did, he played the situation perfectly and was rewarded. Not happy with that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Right that's quite enough of that...done to death, getting circular and now we've sunk to alluding to alleged incidents which may or may not have happened in a training session a numbers of year back...hmmm...quality. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement