Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else hate it when you order food and...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

:DIf its covered in mayo+cheese, brown sauce or bbq sauce then thats grand for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Just man the f*ck up and eat the sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Got a vegetarian wrap recently,
    came smothered in greasy lardons..:eek:

Because the chef thought..... I might like them.
    Waitress couldn't understand why I sent it back and didn't link the vegetarian bit, and she said I should eat them, because after all -
    "I didn't have to pay for them... chef gave them for free!"

Laughing I said "I might be Jewish!" (I'm not)
    She said
    "You still wouldn't have to pay for them...." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

orourkeda wrote: »

You man the f*ck up and stop eating fancy sauces with your food! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

make you own food you lazy cnut, that way you won't be giving out.

what happens if you are on holiday, not much room to make your own food there unless you want to be dining on cheese crakers for dinner :p

speaking of holiday, i was in miami recently, ordered turkey dinner in a diner, when it came out the veggies (mashed potatoes, carrots etc) were covered in this horrible greenish sauce, drowning in the stuff :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

RMD wrote: »
    Kind of defeats the point of going to a restaurant then. Thought you'd know the rules considering you're a mod, personal abuse eh?

lol it's okay, I didn't take it personally, but then again, I don't take this site as spr srs as most of the mods!

What could be more manly than paying for food you don't like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

it's covered in mayo/custard/salad dressing etc?

As someone who doesn't like any of the above three, I ****ing hate when you're in a restaurant or cafe and order something only for it to arrive smothered in mayo or custard or whatever. Fair enough if it said it on the menu, but "Chocolate cake" is exactly that. Chocolate cake with custard is "Chocolate cake with custard".

You wouldn't expect to order chips and have them arrive with ketchup all over them.

You're a man after my own heart. In recent years they've got in this nasty practice of making you a ham sandwich and throwing rabbit food, crisps and the like around it just so you, somehow, are meant to feel less robbed for paying €6/€7 for a sandwich. I'd much rather pay €6 for a ham sandwich without all that than €6 with it all. I don't want your "deal", Mr Patronising Coffee Shop Owner!

And don't get me started about going out to dinner and restaurant people trying to take my plate away before I've put the knife and fork together to signal I'm finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Absolutely. But if I order a 'side salad', or even if there's a salad garnish with whatever my meal is, I don't expect them to assume I want dressing on it, nor is there any reason for them to.

Situation 1: they make the assumption I want dressing, ruining the salad for me so I have to leave it.

Situation 2: they leave it up to me, I enjoy the salad. If I change my mind, I ask for dressing.

I can't imagine eating chips without ketchup, but I wouldn't pour it over someone's meal because of that.

But it's not a real salad without dressing - it's just a pile of leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I find that "no salad" usually translates to "extra salad".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I find it annoying when I don't ask for it :mad: It completely turns me off the meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When I say a little bit of coleslaw, that's exactly what I mean. However it's usually interpreted as half a tonne of coleslaw.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Couldnt agree more with original post. As a rule I dont eat in restaraunts anymore. A joke.

Once ordered a "Grilled chicken and vegetables", or so it sad on the menu. Came back and yes it was a grilled chicken alright. .. covered in stir fried vegetables and swimming in grease.

Another time (im not really a desert person) but I said what the hell and ordered plain vanilla ice cream. I specified nothing on it, no sauces etc, just plain vanilla. . when it arrived it was smothered in raspberry syrup.

****ing hate restaurants.

What could be more manly than paying for food you don't like!

If you were in Ethiopia you'd eat it

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more with original post. As a rule I dont eat in restaraunts anymore. A joke.

Once ordered a "Grilled chicken and vegetables", or so it sad on the menu. Came back and yes it was a grilled chicken alright. .. covered in stir fried vegetables and swimming in grease.

Another time (im not really a desert person) but I said what the hell and ordered plain vanilla ice cream. I specified nothing on it, no sauces etc, just plain vanilla. . when it arrived it was smothered in raspberry syrup.

****ing hate restaurants.

We tend not to see too much desert in Ireland. You'll have to blame that on our temperate climate

If you were in Ethiopia you'd eat it
    Why's that, is Ethiopian mayonnaise especially nice or something?

Why's that, is Ethiopian mayonnaise especially nice or something?

I believe so.

Advertisement