Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Loss/Diet for the winter

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

That's interesting, my wife is Chinese. Her sister is here at the moment as we had a baby about a month ago. She puts oil in absolutely everything. But apart from that, it's all fresh food the chinese cook, very little refined/processed food. Surprised your missus eats a lot of rubbish.

Apologies,
    I meant by we the general public in the western world.
    Had a look at all the shelves and it is unatural the amount of processed,starchy,sugary foods on the shelves.
    We generally as a rule do not eat a lot of junk,The wife is from south east Asia and has not got a sweet tooth at all except the odd sugar in coffee.
    Majority of our food intake has loads of fresh herbs and veg but I eat a lot of bread and too much rice.
    Must be a thing with the Asian culture as you see the kids over there would much rather snack on a piece of chicken or pork than chocolate.
    We mainly cook with olive oil for frying,congrats on your new baby and best of luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

What’s the equivalent of the word “like” in German? J

I only lived there for 6 months and that was over 10 years ago but if I remember correctly, the equivalent would be "doch".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

What’s the equivalent of the word “like” in German?

It's 'blas mich' but they don't throw it into every sentence like we do in Ireland as that would be really odd.

PS the don't use blas mich as it means something very naughty. I don't want you to get into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tel wrote: »
    It's 'blas mich' but they don't throw it into every sentence like we do in Ireland as that would be really odd.

PS the don't use blas mich as it means something very naughty. I don't want you to get into trouble.

They do throw "genau" in there a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

Raam wrote: »
    They do throw "genau" in there a lot.

That's what I was trying to think of. I've only heard it a million times today, like.

Also, doch is a general statement of disagreement, though it does get thrown around a lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement