Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unionists object to 'Republican Rudolph' !!!!

Options
  • 11-12-2010 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭

Oh deary me, looks like the unionists are frothing at the mouth that Rudolph might be a Republican !!!!

" SANTA'S helpers and a reindeer sparked anger among protestants in Tyrone by wearing nationalist colours, it has been claimed.
    DUP assembly member Ian McCrea said he had been contacted by a number of concerned families who attended the Christmas lights switch-on in Cookstown last month.

"Having seen the pictures, I can clearly see why many people from the unionist community would be offended," said Mr McCrea. To me, these scarves clearly look like tri-colours - the flag of the Irish republic - which as we all know too well, is a very divisive symbol here in Northern Ireland."

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/Republican-Rudolph-sparks-festive-anger.6657651.jp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It looks like the italian flag to me, Red, White and Dark Green. Fairly standard Christmas colours, I think Mr McCrea needs to get out a bit more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LOL
    Someone calling themselves "PatsytheNazi" posting about something offensive! :pac:
    Its a strange world we live in. :D

Back on topic: its a ruddy scarf - jeaus, its not the end of the world.
    They really need to get over themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

people need to grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

SITUATION!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

wellboy76 wrote: »
    SITUATION!

SAHYOUEESHUN*
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its red and green, i think someone maybe colour blind

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,720 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You have no idea how right you are when you apply that sentence to a disturbing amount of "adults" in Northern Ireland.
    ronano wrote: »
    people need to grow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

"They're inciting our anger by wearing colours symobolising peace between us!"
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Colour blind unionists.

sectarian conspiracy fail tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Someone should complain about his snowman it's clearly wearing a bowler hat. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Numpties. Anything to whine about. They have absolutely no problem with the thousands of Union Flags scattered across the north, which nationalist may find offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

dlofnep wrote: »
    Numpties. Anything to whine about. They have absolutely no problem with the thousands of Union Flags scattered across the north, which nationalist may find offensive.

It's just willie McCraes son, showing hes a chip off the old bigot block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Oh deary me, looks like the unionists are frothing at the mouth that Rudolph might be a Republican !!!!

" SANTA'S helpers and a reindeer sparked anger among protestants in Tyrone by wearing nationalist colours, it has been claimed.
    DUP assembly member Ian McCrea said he had been contacted by a number of concerned families who attended the Christmas lights switch-on in Cookstown last month.

"Having seen the pictures, I can clearly see why many people from the unionist community would be offended," said Mr McCrea. To me, these scarves clearly look like tri-colours - the flag of the Irish republic - which as we all know too well, is a very divisive symbol here in Northern Ireland."

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/Republican-Rudolph-sparks-festive-anger.6657651.jp

Maybe McCrea should name the concerned families who were worried about a chap wearing an Italian colourled scarf. Then we can point and laugh at them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

stepbar wrote: »
    Maybe McCrea should name the concerned families who were worried about a chap wearing an Italian colourled scarf. Then we can point and laugh at them...

..and while hes at it, he can explain why he and al murray are never in the same room at the same time...
    http://ianmccrea.com/sec07/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Looks like a "hands on" politician!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

The scarf is green, white and red :confused:. They're traditional Christmas colours. Think he should get tested for colour blindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toboldlygo

Has anyone noticed how much Nigel Dodds looks like Homer Simpson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'm looking forward to see KeithAFC's and Junder's response to this.....:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,720 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Just reading down through it again. This guy said that the event "has been ruined" for the poor young Protestant children... because of a scarf.

This guy claims the tricolour is "divisive", but in actual fact, it's his comments that are divisive. Talk about stirring things up. In my personal non-PSNI opinion, this man is sick for making an issue out of a non-issue at a time when children should be brimming with excitement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

I wonder what the reaction would be if a red white and blue scarf had been worn ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Rudolph the Green-nosed reindeer,
    Had a very Fenian nose,
    And if you ever saw it,
    You would even say it glows.

All of the other reindeer,
    Used to laugh and call him names;
    They never let poor Rudolph,
    Play in any Gaelic games.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve,

Gerry came to say,
    Rudolph with your nose so bright,
    Won't you come on a knee-capping tonight.

Then how the reindeer feared him,

Especially one called Pais-ley,
    Rudolph the Green-Nosed Reindeer,
    Could finally play with his Hur-r-ley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Japer wrote: »
    I wonder what the reaction would be if a red white and blue scarf had been worn ?

I am sure the Italians would be offended, but the French would be over the moon.

to avoid any confusion the organisers should have put him in a celtic top as well as the scarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

listermint wrote: »
    Its red and green, i think someone maybe colour blind

Sure thats nothing, I seen a load of marching orange men in green jackets and even aCeltic Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Aside from the fact that this is the most ridculas news story I've read in a while...

That politicial jumps the gun a little with this considering it was supposed to be republicans singling out unionists :
    "Christmas celebrations such as this should never become a cold house for protestants. "

In N. Ireland the green white and orange flag is usually associated with republicans / nationalists. eg at the funeral of the PIRA person who died blowing up the chip shop on the Shankhill road, it was the green white + orange flag which was on the coffin. Colour combinations can unfortunately mean a lot in N. Ireland, on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Rudolph the Green-nosed reindeer,
    Had a very Fenian nose,
    And if you ever saw it,
    You would even say it glows.

All of the other reindeer,
    Used to laugh and call him names;
    They never let poor Rudolph,
    Play in any Gaelic games.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve,

Gerry came to say,
    Rudolph with your nose so bright,
    Won't you come on a knee-capping tonight.

Then how the reindeer feared him,

Especially the one named Pa-is-ley,
    Rudolph the Green-Nosed Reindeer,
    Could finally play Hur-r-ley.

Brilliant pete, had to log on to thank this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I went to college with that Ian McCrea idiot, back in 1993-96, his Da is the infamous Willy McCrea, who, when he lost his own seat in the South Derry/Mid Ulster (where he was born and bred in Magherafelt) constituency to Martin McGuinness,he then went on to stand for election in the staunchly unionist area of South Antrim. (where the unionist majority voted him in)

back in the 1994 usa world cup, when Ireland got knocked out by the netherlands, the idiot (Ian) actually wore a Dutch jersey into class the next morning.

nice to see he's as bigoted as ever. The prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Japer wrote: »
    In N. Ireland the green white and orange flag is usually associated with republicans / nationalists. eg at the funeral of the PIRA person who died blowing up the chip shop on the Shankhill road, it was the green white + orange flag which was on the coffin. Colour combinations can unfortunately mean a lot in N. Ireland, on both sides.

Well yeah, but this flag was a different colour...

EDIT: It wasn't even a flag!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

Well yeah, but this flag was a different colour...

EDIT: It wasn't even a flag!

Its close enough for that lot :rolleyes:

Advertisement