Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    how long is your play time so far josey? Im 22 hours in, had no problems accessing places.

I have about 8hrs 30mins on the clock.

I read on another forum that people affected by this bug can access the Docks by going to the Normandy level first. It worked for me when I tried it a few minutes ago.

mewso wrote: »
    Question about the scanning malarky. Am I right in thinking I can just scan away, getting killed as much as I like until I've found everything with no consequences or does dying cost you in some way?

I haven't noticed any penalty for getting killed by the Reapers in the Galaxy map. I just let them get me and restart.

I've been really enjoying this game until today.

First I've encountered a bug that means I can't access the Holding Docks from the elevator in the Citadel without first going to the Normandy.

Secondly, the mission regarding
    the Hanar diplomat
    also seems to be bugged. I have gotten through some of it but now I need to access a second terminal but I can't interact with it at all. I've been reading on the Bioware forums that this isn't an isolated incident either.

I wonder what else is broken in the game. This is very poor, especially after the problems Mass Effect 2 had on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I had the same problem with that spoiler, turns out its not a bug. You need to do it as soon as you get it.

I had the same problem with that spoiler, turns out its not a bug. You need to do it as soon as you get it.

I just got the mission. I haven't done anything else. Apart from have my PS3 crash 3 times due to the bug getting to the Holding area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It is a bug, the first terminal didnt work for me. Read that different terminals not working for different people. Only way to fix it is to reload before you accept the mission and do it again. I had about 5 hours built up so no way I was going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone having an issue accessing the Holding Docks on the Citadel. Every time I chose that as my destination in the elevator I get a black screen. The controller is unresponsive and I have to power down the PS3.

Same things happens to me, always happens on the loading screen going form the presidum. Ive found the only way around it is to take the elevator to purgatory and go to the holding docks from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Origin name is danteire, sent friend requests to the few who put em up here.

Managed to complete a Silver extraction there 5 minutes ago.......bloody hell: 4 Brutes, 5 Banshees, inumerable armoured Husks and Marauders out the wazoo sniping at us. No indicator if it counted (it better) but they did say the bonus boxes would be distributed on Tuesday.

Just saw tali's face, beaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

How'd you manage that??? I'm going to guess its something to do with carrying on the romance from 2??

• Advertisement

daca88 wrote: »

How'd you manage that??? I'm going to guess its something to do with carrying on the romance from 2??

Yipp and glad I did, shes a great character and it's nice to see shep with some personality instead of his usual cardboard cut out self. Have both quarians and geth on board, I'm off to the asari.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Yipp and glad I did, shes a great character and it's nice to see shep with some personality instead of his usual cardboard cut out self. Have both quarians and geth on board, I'm off to the asari.

Just started a new playthrough on 2, going to bone Tali just to see the face. Stupidly boned Miranda in my previous one.

Anybody do anything with Omega in 3? I got nothing apart from:
    Aria being in the club on the Citadel and saying she was going taking it back after she tells you the mercenary groups will join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

So pissed off by that, they could'nt have done it in a more half assed way.

ah I think it's grand, beats my picture of kaiden anyway! I heard a lot of complaints but I was happy with it. Going on a bender exploring planets, want to get 100% on each planet before going further

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Managed to beat a game vs reapers on silver an hour ago so about 30 minutes before the 5am pst before deadline. I hosted so i know it was set to upload, hopefully it works.

played a few silvers yesterday, i mean like 10.. got through to a successful extraction twice, Banshee's are the biggest threat, brutes are easy by comparison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What are we supposed to get for completing a Silver Reaper mission? I completed a few yesterday, but didn't seem to get anything other than usual. Also, anyone having issues buying equipment packs? I keep getting an error saying it's failed and to try again later.

Kiith wrote: »
    What are we supposed to get for completing a Silver Reaper mission? I completed a few yesterday, but didn't seem to get anything other than usual. Also, anyone having issues buying equipment packs? I keep getting an error saying it's failed and to try again later.

Some of the Collectors edition stuff, it random and will be given out tomorrow. The community as a whole also had to kill 1 million brutes over the last 3 days and then every one gets something but only those that finished a silver vs the reapers get this N7 stuff.

Yes to buying packs, sometimes it does not work and i have to exit the game to try again and other times it has worked by the time i log back in.

Anyone manage to clear a Gold challenge? Tried one last night, and it was bloody tough. We only got to round 4 before getting killed.

Anyone manage to clear a Gold challenge? Tried one last night, and it was bloody tough. We only got to round 4 before getting killed.

Not something you can jump into with random people so have not yet tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Got to round 10 with a great squad of randomers a couple days ago against cerberus. God damn intense but there's just an endless wave of Phantoms and Atlases. Frankly I'm amazed we lasted so long, completely tapped all the extra resources we had and each member got revived at least four times I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I'm gonna wait for ME3 to drop in price, i've a big back catalogue of games to beat, not mentioning putting in 60 hours worth of Civilization IV over the previous 14 days. (without any mod's yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Cleared a few rounds on silver against the Reapers yesterday, wonder what N7 stuff will be given out.

My son got lucky with his first spectre pack and got the N7 Black Widow and has not stopped gloating since:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Played my first two games of MP there, it's quite fun but I'm downloading stuff at the same time so got some really bad lag. I'm insanely weak at this point. Bought some of the new packs but got nothing good :(

Will play a bit more this evening though for sure.

danthefan wrote: »
    Played my first two games of MP there, it's quite fun but I'm downloading stuff at the same time so got some really bad lag. I'm insanely weak at this point. Bought some of the new packs but got nothing good :(

Will play a bit more this evening though for sure.

Just make sure to stick to the Bronze games for a few levels. Had a few lvl1-5 characters join silver missions today, and they were destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just make sure to stick to the Bronze games for a few levels. Had a few lvl1-5 characters join silver missions today, and they were destroyed.

I'm up to lv 13 now, still just on bronze, what level is good for silver? I assume in silver you get more EXP or rewards or whatever?

You'll be grand in Silver missions at lvl13. And yeah, more exp and money.

depends on class, if you've a rank 10 weapon, thats X and tend to shoot a lot.. then yeah, go for it. But if you're relying totally on biotics or cooldown powers, make sure you max out as much as you can before you try silver.

TLDR: get a good gun and max out your damage powers.

Also: higher ranked weapons weigh less and do more damage. You only need one gun. Unequip the other one for a bump to your cooldowns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I added all the people that have posted their names so far. Let's punch reapers in the face together. "ZillahRex" is me.

I'd say wait until you hit the teens for silver. I've finished silver games with only three players so its not the end of the world if you're lower. Earlier I saw a level 5 guy join a gold team and we instantly kicked him, it'd just be a total waste of our time.

• Advertisement

"My name is Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel" hahaha gotta love Garrus!

Just about to head to
    Horizon
    and I have a full green bar of readiness. Military is 6000 and something while effective strength is 3000 and something. Not one MP game played yet, I have every side quest done and every planet 100% scanned but guess I should do some MP after
    horizon
    just to be sure.

Advertisement