Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Balls....I never got time to finish ME2 the way I wanted to so now starting ME3 I just can't identify with the character.
    Damn..now I've to replay 2 again :(
    Frakking twice..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Healium wrote: »
    Never got my pre-order tags. Going by the GameStop Facebook page, I'm not alone
    Gamestop rightly messed up the pre-orders today, no dog tags and no pre-order bonus DLC, last time I will get anything from Gamestop! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Gamestop rightly messed up the pre-orders today, no dog tags and no pre-order bonus DLC, last time I will get anything from Gamestop! :mad:

Same here when i picked up my copy this afternoon. I asked for my pre order bonuses and the guy told me "No there's non we aready gave em' away this morning they're sold out." Great! Not only you have to pre order the game but it also has to be first come first serve. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would recommend Gamesnash.ie. Delivered to your door on release day or before pretty much gauaranteed. No hassle. I've gotten the last 3 or 4 big releases from them. Couldn't be arsed with all that pre-order nonsense anymore and trapsing round shops.

Woo. I'm glad Yeoman Kelly bit the bullet in my last playthrough. The new chick with the English accent is hot.

Why can't my toothbrush emit mass effect fields? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭aidan_r

hellboy99 wrote: »

Same here, I called the store and the guy said the N7 Warfare Gear was for the collectors edition only, he's obviously wrong but was having none of it. Posted on the Gamestop Ireland fb page and got no reply, posted on the Gamestop main fb page and my post was deleted! EA support chat wouldn't help either.

Between this, the price hike (pc edition was €50 up from a €40 pre-order just 2 weeks ago) and the lack of a midnight lauch for one of the biggest titles of the year Gamestop/EA really dropped the ball here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

so how are ye all enjoying it?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

:( what was it?

I'll spoiler this. There is seemingly a glitch. It's not very far in and not a big spoiler. I've kept info about it brief. I don't know if will happen to everyone. I don't think I'm stupid enough to have missed something and other people seem to be reporting it on Bioware forums.
    When on the citadel you meet Aria. She gives you some stuff to do. One of these things involves the mercenary band Eclipse.
    During this mission you can choose toset the leader of this band free from prison or find another solution. I chose the latter. In doing so I then went and had the second in command take charge.
    So mission complete? Not quite. It should be completed but the characters involved haven't moved on and I cannot now get an end result and tie this up. I've googled it, very carefully to avoid spoilers, and others seem to have experienced this.
    People who chose to release the leader instead of the option I went with were apparently able to tie this up. It was still glitched for some but when they then left the area it resolved itself. That did not happen with my option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

so how are ye all enjoying it?:(

****ing brilliant! 17.5 hours in. Just put it down to check e-mail and stuff. Back to it in 5. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shryke wrote: »
    ****ing brilliant! 17.5 hours in. Just put it down to check e-mail and stuff. Back to it in 5. :D

lucky,its taken all my strength not to buy this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just started playing it now - got to the title sequence after the initial section. Quick question, does that
    kid die no matter what you say? Pft. Stupid kid.

You should really spoiler that, but yes, it happens no matter what you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bought it, installed it went to import my ME2 character and discovered the save hadn't moved to my memory key, so I'll be sat here looking at the box till I get back to my own place on sunday :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    bought it, installed it went to import my ME2 character and discovered the save hadn't moved to my memory key, so I'll be sat here looking at the box till I get back to my own place on sunday :mad:

I feel your pain...
    I tried playing without it but I just couldn't give a toss about the character..
    Just restarting ME2 now on xbox so I can play ME3 with the character I want..

The best part so far is that your health doesn't recover automatically like in ME2 - your shield does, but your health remains the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yikes, you would think with all the spare time they had to make day one DLC they could of sorted out the main charecters movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Blazer wrote: »
    I feel your pain...
    I tried playing without it but I just couldn't give a toss about the character..
    Just restarting ME2 now on xbox so I can play ME3 with the character I want..

Told ye :D , and I've nearly finished ME2 again already...in 3 days.
    Just the suicide mission left, all upgrades and squadmembers loyal...

Handy too as I'm moving house...so I need a single player game to play...but..****....just thinking...

If I download ME3 for PC and import character, It can be played via Origin offline...without Internet...can't it ??...surely ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm about an hour in and so far it feels like I'm still just playing Mass Effect 2. Which isn't a terrible thing I suppose.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Told ye :D , and I've nearly finished ME2 again already...in 3 days.
    Just the suicide mission left, all upgrades and squadmembers loyal...

Handy too as I'm moving house...so I need a single player game to play...but..****....just thinking...

If I download ME3 for PC and import character, It can be played via Origin offline...without Internet...can't it ??...surely ?

I'm gonna be evil and tell you NO ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Man, really wish I was wearing that t-shirt from HMV. But they never gave it to me, the dastards. How now shall I attract kudos and admired glances? Not cool, yo.

Played the first few hours there. Happily was able to recreate my old Shepard more-or-less. A few more scars, perhaps, but war does that to a man.

After a few games on Wii it's nice to back in the realm of pretty HD. Really great art design throughout.

Rather epic opening, although has kicked into the usual sort of Mass Effect pace now. Combat seems relatively similar (haven't played ME2 since it was out) but I still think it has more tactical options than most hybrids of this sort. Combat packs a punch like it did in ME2, and I'd definitely say it's the best integration of real-time action with under-the-hood RPG stats. It leans towards the former, but it definitely works.

Not sure what else to add - very much more Mass Effect, and everything seems to be up to a relatively high quality. I have barely anytime over the next weeks, but hopefully will be able to get a few hours in every day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just started this and I don't recognise Shepard. I understand it's a bug. My question: If I start now with this slightly 'off' Shepard, will the fix change it back to my custom face when it comes out? Or should I hold off starting until the fix is released? I would much rather play with my original face or else it seems like a totally different character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

And I've had my first casualty. One of my favourites. :( Spoilers incoming.
    Mordin sacrificed himself to help cure the genophage. He was humming gilbert and sullivan when he died and it struck a chord. Damn Bioware and their emotional manipulations

Probably more deaths to come. It's not shakespeare but as games go, this one tells an engaging story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Must sleep. But galaxy still needs me.....

Zzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the first on-ship talk with Garrus....

Seriously makes me want to turn my shepherd into an gay alien banging machine. I had to laugh at some of the lines.

Or is it just that I've favoured him for the last two games so ME3 knows I'm bias?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just finished the storyline mission on Tuchanka and all i can say is WOW. Tops anything in ME1 and ME2 and im just 8 hours in! Really difficult moral choice also for someone who isnt playing pure paragon/pure renegade game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have to say, i didnt like either of the first 2 games (hence me pawning off review duties for number 3) but this is absolutely cracking so far. only popped it in for a quick look about 4 hours ago. only getting to take a break now. very, very impressed

surefire goty material right here. epic in every sense of the word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

An hour into it now and it's only deadly. it has brought my whole gaming experience back. happy camper here as it is a deadly game and story is just excellent. playing on overclocked 3ghz core 2. 3.2 gb ram 9800Gtx+ 512 plays perfect on 1920x1080 with antiailiasing x 4 anisotropic filtering 4x. great game i have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Lovng it. Choices you make in this game have huge consequences, they really nailed it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just finished the storyline mission on Tuchanka and all i can say is WOW. Tops anything in ME1 and ME2 and im just 8 hours in! Really difficult moral choice also for someone who isnt playing pure paragon/pure renegade game
    man, i'm 17+ hours in and only at tuchanka now!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm weak. Went into HMV to buy some PSN credit for Unit 13 on the Vita, walked out with Mass Effect 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Grendels

Has anyone tried to use voice commands in ME3? I've tried calibrating the Kinect, but the game hasn't responded to any voice commands so far, and the microphone icon doesn't show up in the game. Does the game need to be set up in some special way for this to work?

Advertisement