Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Snap Zeouter.

In other news, it's a great laugh reading the gamestop facebook page with the amount of people complaining about not getting dog tags and never shopping their again haha

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

I believe it only affects faces that you originally created in ME1. If you created it in ME2 you should be fine. Also, if you altered the face from ME1 in ME2, that's also fine.

I still haven't decided which save to start with. I have...uh...15 I think. Actually, my favourite save is one that I can't use in ME3, at least not as intended as it's one I hacked to have a Femshep relationship with Ashley and that option isn't available in ME3, which kinda sucks since you can have a MaleShep relationship with Carth...I mean Kaiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You tell me:

Mass_effect_smile-255x300.jpg

Oh, anyone getting the CE be careful, apparently the art book spoils the end boss. I don't know the details, and don't want to know but saw a few people complaining about it on the net.

Can anyone tell me when you 1st go to the Citadel why
    Udina is on the council and not Anderson. Did something happen in the books, did the game not care I picked Anderson or will I find out as I go.
    It's in the new Art Of The Mass Effect Universe book that came out last month, too. It seems to spoil the end boss, and how you defeat the Reapers. Although the boss bit sounds like it was cut from the game. Regarding the Citadel bit, read his Codex entry. Anderson was in the third novel, and due to events in that, is not... what you said in spoiler tags

Healium wrote: »
    Regarding the Citadel bit, read his Codex entry. Anderson was in the third novel, and due to events in that, is not... what you said in spoiler tags

Thanks man, wish I could read my codex in work, the precious gaming time I have is only spent on playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great, my mass effect 2 save (which included my mass effect 1 character) seems to have mysteriously disappeared from my hard drive, all the dlc is still there, wtf.

• Advertisement

Snap Zeouter.

In other news, it's a great laugh reading the gamestop facebook page with the amount of people complaining about not getting dog tags and never shopping their again haha

It kinda feels like the launch has been botched across the board, in Ireland at any rate. Obviously you have the GAME debacle, then you have online pre-orders from Gamestop being delayed, pre-order bonuses not being fulfilled due to lack of stock or incompetence by staff at Gamestop and HMV.

You'd never think that this is the biggest game launch of the year so far the way things are going. And yes I do put it above the Vita in terms of importance to gamers. Lackluster Vita sales tell its own story. No denying it's a great bit of kit but it's hard to argue with the numbers. After Mass Effect 3, I'm struggling to think of when the next big game launch will be.

Witcher 2 on Xbox perhaps? Great game, but I don't think it's on people's radar the way Mass Effect is. Max Payne 3? That's a few months away and if it wasn't Rockstar developing it, I probably wouldn't call it a big release.

In any case, Mass Effect 3 is going to be the biggest launch game for a while and I feel like some people have dropped the ball. What's the point in taking 50 pre-orders at a store, stocking just 15 pre-order bonuses like dog tags and T-shirts, then handing them out to people, whether they pre-ordered or not?

Sure, cheap plastic and easily worn t-shirts aren't the holy grail but when you pre-order, you expect to have it fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Vadakin wrote: »
    It kinda feels like the launch has been botched across the board, in Ireland at any rate. Obviously you have the GAME debacle, then you have online pre-orders from Gamestop being delayed, pre-order bonuses not being fulfilled due to lack of stock or incompetence by staff at Gamestop and HMV.

You'd never think that this is the biggest game launch of the year so far the way things are going. And yes I do put it above the Vita in terms of importance to gamers. Lackluster Vita sales tell its own story. No denying it's a great bit of kit but it's hard to argue with the numbers. After Mass Effect 3, I'm struggling to think of when the next big game launch will be.

Witcher 2 on Xbox perhaps? Great game, but I don't think it's on people's radar the way Mass Effect is. Max Payne 3? That's a few months away and if it wasn't Rockstar developing it, I probably wouldn't call it a big release.

In any case, Mass Effect 3 is going to be the biggest launch game for a while and I feel like some people have dropped the ball. What's the point in taking 50 pre-orders at a store, stocking just 15 pre-order bonuses like dog tags and T-shirts, then handing them out to people, whether they pre-ordered or not?

Sure, cheap plastic and easily worn t-shirts aren't the holy grail but when you pre-order, you expect to have it fulfilled.

I bought it on Origin and unlocked it three days early by making it think I lived in Korea. I can't remember the last game I bought that had an actual disk, it seems so primitive...

Apologies in advance moderators for shouting, but I'm sure you'll understand when I say....

IT'S IN MY HANDS!!!!!

:D

Opening as I type...dog tags are included....hmm...either I have a massive head or that chain is way to small...N7 patch, comic and lithograph are in with the artbook...codes inside the steel case...2 day Gold pass for XBL...no wargame dlc unfortunately...oh well...time to break out my Tritton AX Pro's and immerse myself in this. Later all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

pre-ordered the CE from HMV on henry street and they said they never got it in, wtf.....picked up my pre-order for the 360 from gamestop though, are the dog tags in the box?

• Advertisement

airgilbert wrote: »
    picked up my pre-order for the 360 from gamestop though, are the dog tags in the box?

You tell us haha......but probably not

also did anyone get the M-55 Argus?

You tell us haha......but probably not
    I was planning on giving the 360 copy to someone which is why I pre-ordered the PC version aswell......guess I'll just open my 360 one lol

I was planning on giving the 360 copy to someone which is why I pre-ordered the PC version aswell......guess I'll just open my 360 one lol

ah feck them man, you need to open that sh*t! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

hightower1 wrote: »

Ugly Shepard all the way

Ugly_Shepard_Hit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

pre-ordered the CE from HMV on henry street and they said they never got it in, wtf.....picked up my pre-order for the 360 from gamestop though, are the dog tags in the box?

There not in the box, they were handing them out seperate this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jigz

Got my ME3 CE from HMV, told me I couldn't get the Tee coz it only comes with the Standard Edition. I was told otherwise when I preordered it tho. Really furious here... :confused:

Just started playing it now - got to the title sequence after the initial section. Quick question, does that kid die no matter what you say? Pft. Stupid kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Jigz wrote: »
    Got my ME3 CE from HMV, told me I couldn't get the Tee coz it only comes with the Standard Edition. I was told otherwise when I preordered it tho. Really furious here... :confused:
    What?!? Isn't that the exact opposite of what someone else was told here?
    Yeah - look:
    sink wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the standard edition in HMV Grafton Street. Picked it up on my way to work at 9am this morning and was told the T-Shirts are only being given free with the Collectors Edition as they only got in 20. :(
    Bloody ridiculous.

That's weird, just got mine from henry street.

• Advertisement

What?!? Isn't that the exact opposite of what someone else was told here?
    Yeah - look:

Bloody ridiculous.

I agree. Got mine from henry street by the way. They shouldn't have advertised the shirt if they're not planning to do as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

KilOit wrote: »
    Ugly Shepard all the way

Ugly_Shepard_Hit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Just after getting it. It was 50 in smyths and got some N7 dog tag thing with it. Ive got some load of collage assigments to finish over the weekend so I might hold off on opening it. But in reality I know that probably wont happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Great, my mass effect 2 save (which included my mass effect 1 character) seems to have mysteriously disappeared from my hard drive, all the dlc is still there, wtf.

God damn it, if you start a new save file
    Thane and Wrex
    are dead :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you can download saves for the pc version
    should be a link earlier in the thread, few pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Anyone having a problem where the main menu is running super slow on the PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

you can download saves for the pc version
    should be a link earlier in the thread, few pages back

masseffect2saves.com

Anyway just started, played the sort of intro bit. Didnt have the impact of ME2 imo. Looking forward to the rest of the game though.

Can someone explain how the save system works?

If i have completed Mass Effect 2 as a vangaurd for aguments sake do i transfer to Mass effect 3 as vanguard? Or can i choose a different class?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Really enjoying this. Can't turn it off. Nice to have a game with an actuall story. :) my shepard transferred grand which was nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can someone explain how the save system works?

If i have completed Mass Effect 2 as a vangaurd for aguments sake do i transfer to Mass effect 3 as vanguard? Or can i choose a different class?

You can choose any of the classes.

Advertisement