Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The story so far..(2 years of C&H)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

So yeah, it's about time I posted here. I can still remember the moment when I got the PM from Vexorg 2 years ago (I was in the library in UCC at the time) saying that not only had the forum been created but that I was chosen to help moderate it. I'm not gonna lie, it made my day and I was beaming with pride for the rest of the evening. :)

2 years later, I'm really proud of how C&H has gone. Sure, there have been times when the forum went stale, when unnecessary drama was created. And I can think of specific mistakes I made here (and I know I've probably made plenty more than the ones that just come to mind.) But overall, I think things have been pretty damn good.

I've met loads of awesome people through this forum. Unfortunately, I don't get to see them as often as I'd like to. But even friendships in the form of internet personas are something worth having.

I'm probably gonna step down as Mod in the new year - I've been here long enough, it's time to let someone else take over. (Probably would have stepped down earlier if IO hadn't gotten there first!) But yeah.....whatever happens, I hope C&H continues to thrive.

tl;dr version: C&H is grand like, and you guys are alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

At first I started posting on C&H every now and then, it was a quiet and somewhat inactive forum. Back in the day Aisling was a big poster, I remember. Wonder where she went.

Anyway, I guess the big change came for C&H was last Christmas. That was awesome. A load of bored college students came here and totally made the place savage. Oh yeah and us youngin's too, obvs. That was legendary and I posted here at sad and slightly obsessive levels. :)

That was kinda the peak for me. Now C&H has kinda found it's niche and settled into boards. It's got it's steady rhythm. At first C&H was like a new, awesome pair of shoes. Now it's like a well-worn, very comfortable, underappreciated, reliable pair of shoes. It's different but still cool.

Oh yeah, had my first meeting-people-on-the-internet thing here, that was great. Met some absolutely wonderful people. Ye all know who ye are (no, not you)! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

jumpguy wrote: »
    At first I started posting on C&H every now and then, it was a quiet and somewhat inactive forum. Back in the day Aisling was a big poster, I remember. Wonder where she went.

Anyway, I guess the big change came for C&H was last Christmas. That was awesome. A load of bored college students came here and totally made the place savage. Oh yeah and us youngin's too, obvs. That was legendary and I posted here at sad and slightly obsessive levels. :)

That was kinda the peak for me. Now C&H has kinda found it's niche and settled into boards. It's got it's steady rhythm. At first C&H was like a new, awesome pair of shoes. Now it's like a well-worn, very comfortable, underappreciated, reliable pair of shoes. It's different but still cool.

Oh yeah, had my first meeting-people-on-the-internet thing here, that was great. Met some absolutely wonderful people. Ye all know who ye are (no, not you)! :)
    I had totally forgotten about Aisling ('',) or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Sure 'tis fun. Full of often very touchy, but also sometimes very interesting and witty, people, some of whom I've met and one of whom (Aoibheann) provided me with some very kind and helpful advice at a time when I really needed it, for no reason other than her being a nice person, which I am very grateful for.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

jumpguy wrote: »
    Back in the day Aisling was a big poster, I remember. Wonder where she went.
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    I had totally forgotten about Aisling ('',) or something like that.
    She popped into Noc briefly about 2 weeks ago to say hello ... hasn't been around much though.

• Advertisement

Aisling's name introduced me to that smiley.

It's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

She popped into Noc briefly about 2 weeks ago to say hello ... hasn't been around much though.
    Shes all in love now.
    Altogether! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Aisling's name introduced me to that smiley.
    Wait, that's a smiley?

Davidius wrote: »
    Wait, that's a smiley?
    I always thought it was a pierced nipple

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The rest, as they say, is history. I'd love to archive some of the top threads, posters, quotes and incidents on the Boards Wiki, but I won't have the time to start that for a while.

Stage 1, complete!

*collapses*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

*collapses*
    /upends bucket of cold water over IO

Gerronwidit boy!

Jeez, kids these days ... no stamina! :pac: :D

Stage 1, complete!

*collapses*
    Dammit I was here before the Onion :mad:.
    People always forget I drifted in during the 1st generation :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dammit I was here before the Onion :mad:.

It's easy fix it for you ;)

Actually, if anyone wants something added to it, then this thread would be the right place to post about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

People always forget me
    /runs

Namlub wrote: »
    People always forget me
    /runs
    Shush you at least got mentioned during the Jizzlers.:p
    Queenies the only one to remember me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ultimate Chin for Best Chin 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Stage 1, complete!

*collapses*

D'awwwwhh! You remembered me. :o :pac:

Fair play to ya IO for putting all that together. Must have taken you ages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yes, I'm the 18th person IO thought of making that list of usernames! :D SUX2BEU, PYGMALION!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Excuuuuuuuuse me, I am NOT a 2010 newcomer!

>_>

Or have we all forgotten my leeetle name changing? :P

Excuuuuuuuuse me, I am NOT a 2010 newcomer!

>_>

Or have we all forgotten my leeetle name changing? :P

Sorry Anne-Marie, I'll fix that now! >_<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hahaha no problem :P

Omgz you've combined me and Davidius....I feel so special :eek: :D

Advertisement