Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The story so far..(2 years of C&H)

Options
  • 09-12-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

I thought this might be a laugh.It's 2 years[well 2 years and a day] since boards was given it's greatest addition yet* and I thought it'd be nice to pay tribute to the awesomeness that is C&H

So,what is it that got us this far?
    What do you love about C&H?

And just to say a huge thanks to KnifeWRENCH,Insect Overlord,Piste,Jammy Dodger and JC_2k3 without them we wouldn't have a C&H to moderate post in.

-Alan, resident old fogey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

The bad times, the arrival of jumpguy, the good times. :) /history

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I remember having a conversation with The_Dazzler by PM, talking about getting a forum like this set up. I went over and started a thread in the Forum Requests Forum, only to find he'd started one a few hours earlier! Nobody ever merged the two threads for me :( Seven and a half months later, vexorg announced that they were giving us the forum with the most stupid name on Boards! :p

The rest, as they say, is history. I'd love to archive some of the top threads, posters, quotes and incidents on the Boards Wiki, but I won't have the time to start that for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I've made lotsa great friends and had a chance to meet some and hopefully in the future get a chance to meet more! :)<3

Like, I've actually morphed into my boardsie, soccy :P It's really weird, if that makes sense.
    There's been some weird times (lol, the incident one night when a certain random poster posted untasteful gif's and images :P), some embarassing times (my olive moment ><) and some happy times (too many :D)!

I actually love it here!

My 8000th post for you C&H! :D

C&H is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills time and doesn't afraid of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Reading about history? I'll wait for the inaccurate Hollywood film where everybody naturally has American accents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Davidius wrote: »
    Reading about history? I'll wait for the inaccurate Hollywood film where everybody naturally has American accents.

Dibs for Angeline Jolie playing me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Dibs for Angeline Jolie playing me!!

Cher Lloyd to play Oopsy tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I've been here about a year and 2-3 months and although I've been less active the last few months, this forum is still my "home" on the internet and I'm sure many other users feel the same. Now that is something exceptional for a forum which struggled to get accepted in the start to achieve.

I just want to thank everyone involved for making C&H what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I enjoy spending time in this forum, though I haven't been here an awful lot lately.

I'll be back! :P

Also, for the movie, Jim Parsons has to play me. That'd be epic. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

My participation in C and H has been fairly erratic but its been nothing but brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How the community as a whole is so friendly!
    How there is a topic for everything!
    How the forum is so welcoming - a new poster only has to post a few times before people start to recognise the name. Posting in threads like yahh and argghh really give a good indication to a person's personality, and you get to know them quite quickly.
    How it's so good for filling up 'boring time', or in my case - an excellent way to procrastinate.
    How mature the posters are, despite it being a forum for young people!
    The humour that exists in many of the posts.
    The support that you get when you have a problem, that makes you feel better even if there is nothing another person can do to make it better.
    The sheer sense of unitedness that young people have - being bogged down with exam revision, but logging in to see that other people have upcoming exams, they too are worried - you feel better instantly! A problem shared is a problem halved. Imagine sharing a problem with C+H, so many people read it, it'd be like dividing by 100!

In summary, C+H is great because of the people that post here! Couldn't find a friendlier subset of people than in this forum!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... Seven and a half months later ...
    I think that a lot of the delay was a fear among some that it would become a bastion of txtspit, eruptions of hormonal angst, inappropriate flirting (yes, I said it, there is such a thing as appropriate flirting :P), chanspeak, lmaoroflfoad, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

That it didn't is a credit to the mods, certainly, but over and above all to the users and community.

I've always had a soft spot for this forum, I have to say. I have to behave myself in LC (most of the time, anyway >_>) so it's been nice to pop in here over the years and meet some of the same faces in a more relaxed ambience. Plus I know a few of ye IRL, for my sins!

Actually, I had to smile when someone in the Jizzlers thread asked "is Randy new?" ... my first post in this forum (that I can find) was New Year's Day 2009, though I was sure that I had posted in the first day or two ... I may be thinking of welcoming the new C&H mods in a different milieu, though.

Oh, and Ginja, I think I probably out-fogey you slightly! >_>

Though there are times when I feel younger (and certainly more cracked!) than most of ye. :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I <3 C&H. I'd floated around boards for a few years before I came across this lovely place. Honestly, this is the only forum I've felt a part of the community in. Everyone is always so helpful and nice and willing to lend an ear to anybody who needs it. With all the crap in this world it's find to hard a place with as many genuinely nice people as here.

I've met quite a few of you and you're all just as lovely in person and tbh I don't k ow what I'd do without C&H.

TL;DR C&H is teh awesome and I loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I laaaaah you C&H! :) Most of the posters are legends tbf, and I've made lotsa epic friends from here! But yeah it has to be the best forum on boards 'cos like in no other forum is there an actual sense of people being friends, yaknow? It's kinda just like Facebook, 'cos ya pop in and see what your friends have said, then say something, and be all fun! :P

Mercy buckets!

I should have just looked at the start of the main threads, rather than relying on flipping search! :rolleyes:

Mind you, looking at that first page or so ... the more things change, the more they stay the same, right CM?! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'm still fairly new to posting in C+H, but I'd have no problem in saying its one of the friendliest places in boards. Also, the argggggghhhhhh thread is a fantastic place to vent:o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'm not here that long and I don't post that often so I'm kind of an outsider. I'm trying to post more. From an outsider's point of view, you're all a sound lovely bunch of people.... and funny. you're funny too :) many a lol was had here.

What I've noticed from my short time here, and what amazes me is the sheer strength of the friendships between people here. That's what makes this forum what it is - the bond between you and the welcoming feeling you give off. You tell each other your problems and celebrate each other's happiness. There's always a shoulder to cry on if you're down, always a friend there to help you out when you need it. You laugh together, you cry together.... this is what drove me to this forum. C&H = 'mezzin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

And it taught me that you send the most amusing drunk PMs ever.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Kept me company when I was all alone at home for a year. :)

For that I am eternally grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I crawl in the window every so often....
    >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Fago! wrote: »
    I'm not here that long and I don't post that often so I'm kind of an outsider. I'm trying to post more. From an outsider's point of view, you're all a sound lovely bunch of people.... and funny. you're funny too :) many a lol was had here.

What I've noticed from my short time here, and what amazes me is the sheer strength of the friendships between people here. That's what makes this forum what it is - the bond between you and the welcoming feeling you give off. You tell each other your problems and celebrate each other's happiness. There's always a shoulder to cry on if you're down, always a friend there to help you out when you need it. You laugh together, you cry together.... this is what drove me to this forum. C&H = 'mezzin :)

+1 to this. Thank you Fago for saving me the bother of having to type something similar to that! :D

I really like it here and I'm gonna work on posting more often. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I've ventured into other areas of boards before and they were dark and scary. If it wasn't for you guys being so funny, clever and generally awesome I'd be in a bad place right now...AH. I am eternally grateful that this hasn't happened. Less than three you all bbz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Mollikins wrote: »
    +1 to this. Thank you Fago for saving me the bother of having to type something similar to that! :D

I really like it here and I'm gonna work on posting more often. :o

Haha lazy arse :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Cher Lloyd to play Oopsy tbh!

Soocy I may have to threaten you! :P I do not like her :mad:

<3 really though :P

I'm fairly new tbh, but I agree that other forums is scaries and stuffs, and C&H are the friendliest bunch of peoples ever! :D

Seriously, if I was stuck in a lift with all of yous for like, ever, I wouldn't kill any of yous :)

Not sure what I'm saying really, uhm.....yeah :o

It's a great place to come to let off some steam (aaargghh) or to get some cheering up (most other threads :P) and there's such a lovely atmosphere (if there can be an atmosphere on teh interwebz?)

Anyways, this post was probably completely irrelevant, just showing mah <3's :cool:

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Seriously, if I was stuck in a lift with all of yous for like, ever, I wouldn't kill any of yous :)
    Yes, you would. It would take about two hours of Midnight and CM and the Great Civic (as in cars) Debate and you would be fit to strangle them both ... if I hadn't saved you the trouble. >_>

Everyone can mentally line up their own "order in which they would be killed" list for that scenario, probably best not to post here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Made some of my super best friends through C&H (possibly with a detour through the LC forum). Also, it's always extremely nice to bump into someone (Ginga, kateos, and ohthebaby spring to mind) around town or somewhere and have a wee chat. It's just... so nice. Good game, C&H!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Yes, you would. It would take about two hours of Midnight and CM and the Great Civic (as in cars) Debate and you would be fit to strangle them both ... if I hadn't saved you the trouble. >_>

She apparently owns both of my Civics, so she'd well get in on the debate :pac:

• Advertisement

She owns both of yer what, now? >_>

Advertisement