Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 14 Thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens with two series in the 2nd half.

The Ravens defense more or less on the field since pretty much half time, they are shattered tired out there

And two 4th down conversions including one for a TD :mad:

Lets see the Ravens run it and take control of the clock, 6 minutes left

Sweet Jesus, 3rd and 2 with 2:48 and the Ravens pass it and fail

Cam Cameron is in for yet more abuse on the forums this week, why not run it and take the 40 seconds?

We did the same against the Steelers last week and lost

If there is one thing the Texans do well it's big drives in the 4th quarter. Them and the Bucs

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Awesome comeback. They deserve to win it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

FREE FOOTBALL

!!!

Texans drive 99yd and 95yd in the 4th quarter. There are good for the 4th quarter comebacks, due respect
    And get their TD and 2pt conversion to go to OT

If the Ravens lose the coin flip then Texans will win I predict. The D is shattered out there, zero pass rush or energy out there

• Advertisement

Joe Flacco is the Ravens biggest problem imo. Even if he does go down the field and they win this one he is terrible under pressure and always has been. The Texans should just keep on blitzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

As long as Foster doesn't get a chance to break off 80 yards or a TD I'll limp my way into the LTTP play-offs. Please Ravens, end my misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I doubt there's a neutral in the world who'd prefer to see the Ravens win this one.

Lame

What a sad way for it to end.

• Advertisement

Get in there, Josh Wilson :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Gay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Wooo. In a season where the Chiefs are straddling the top of their division and the Bears are relevant in December Houston are providing some stability by continuing their tradition of finding ways to lose at the business end of the season. Kubiak's position is probably untenable now.

As untenable as Cam Cameron, I want him gone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Still stuck with the sig I see.

Packers at Patriots
    Patriots at Bills
    Miami at Patriots

I think you'll have it for a bit longer :D
    :o:o

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think they would be better going after Kolb in a trade. He has only one year left on his contract after this season so the Eagles will take less than a first for him I'd guess, well depending on how much interest there is. He is a lot safer bet than the likes of Locker.

That's it though, he's safe. I think there's a low cieling with him and while he'll be good, I don't think it'll ever be good enough to win what this franchise craves, a superbowl. I'd rather take a chance with Locker or Cam Newton, and then trade for someone like Kitna to take the reins for a year while the rookie gets settled. Luck obviously looks out of the picture, although Mallet could slide. Theres a lot of possibilities with this draft.
    How did Joe Webb do? Any good?

I missed the 1st quarter so dunno how he did on his 1st drive. A poor 3 and out at the end of the 3rd and then back to TJack. I wouldnt give up on him yet but it's a long shot that he will ever make it. I've given up on TJ already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

After last night's game I can see two big wins for the Eagles and the Bears at the weekend.

I'd be pricing the Eagles at around -7.0 and could see the bookies giving around -5.5. And to be honest i'd take the Bears at around -10.0, which i think might be accurate enough. Looking forward to the Eagles Giants game.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Most places I've checked have the Eagles either plus 2.5 or plus 3. The Giants are the favourites to win this game with the bookies, so are you saying to do the Eagles straight ?. (ranging from 6/5 to 5/4)

gnolan wrote: »
    After last night's game I can see two big wins for the Eagles and the Bears at the weekend.

I'd be pricing the Eagles at around -7.0 and could see the bookies giving around -5.5. And to be honest i'd take the Bears at around -10.0, which i think might be accurate enough. Looking forward to the Eagles Giants game.

Im sorry, but Eagles -7.0? Bears -10? Those are some of the most ludicrous spread guesses I've ever seen!

Two fairly evenly matched divisional opponents, and you have the road team as -7.0? The road team in this case will always be +3.0. As for the Bears -10, not a chance. They'll be -3.0, or -3.5 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Those are some of the most ludicrous spread guesses I've ever seen!

Ludicrous like a fox!*

*or just plain ludicrous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Im sorry, but Eagles -7.0? Bears -10? Those are some of the most ludicrous spread guesses I've ever seen!

Two fairly evenly matched divisional opponents, and you have the road team as -7.0? The road team in this case will always be +3.0. As for the Bears -10, not a chance. They'll be -3.0, or -3.5 at most.

Here is the handicap coupon for Week 15 http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/handicap-coupon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Here is the handicap coupon for Week 15 http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/handicap-coupon.
    Nothing is sticking out there at me.

At first glance I like the look of Chargers (-8.5), Browns (+1.5), Redskins (+6), Saints (+2.5), Broncos (+6.5) and Jets (+6) which is what Im getting off of Bet365.

Like I said, that's first glance without too much research. Ill look into them a bit more during the week, but there seems to be some good value at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

At first glance I like the look of Chargers (-8.5), Browns (+1.5), Redskins (+6), Saints (+2.5), Broncos (+6.5) and Jets (+6) which is what Im getting off of Bet365.

Like I said, that's first glance without too much research. Ill look into them a bit more during the week, but there seems to be some good value at the moment.

The Browns are +2.0. If McCoy is back starting then absolutely but if Delhomme is in no way. Mangini said he'll see later in the week. He also ruled out a possibility of Seneca Wallace starting.

Delhomme was very poor in Week 14. If McCoy is injured then Wallace is a better option then him

What's Delhomme's contract situation? Will he be looking for a new team next year?
    If he is back next year could be a good mentor to McCoy

Advertisement