Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite quote

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

"Fúck your honda civic, I've a horse outside"
    The rubber bandits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

"Hey Ho, believe"

- Jimmy McCarthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

"Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else"
    - Tyler Durden

"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions."
    - Joseph Heller, Catch 22

"There's always soma to calm your anger, to reconcile you to your enemies, to make you patient and long-suffering. In the past you could only accomplish these things by making a great effort and after years of hard moral training. Now, you swallow two or three half-gramme tablets, and there you are. Anybody can be virtuous now. You can carry at least half your morality about in a bottle. Christianity without tears-that's what soma is."
    - Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

"When Things got hard, you started looking for something to blame. Like a Big Shadow.
    Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it...

You've gotta hit as hard as life. It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much can you take and keep moving forward? That's how winning is done.

If you know what you're worth, Go out and Get What Your Worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that."

----Rocky Balboa

"You want something? Go get it. Period."

Pursuit of happiness

From the scene it's said, well worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0wRkiPIUiE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

Intellectuals solve problems. Geniuses prevent them. - Einstein

Originality is the act of remebering what you heard but not remembering where you heard it. - Some chap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

"Goodnight Moon, goodnight stars, goodnight po-pos, goodnight fiends, goodnight hoppers, goodnight hustlers, goodnight scammers, goodnight to everybody, goodnight to one and all"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

People always say to me, "when you get to the NBA, don't forget about me." Well, I should've said back, "if I don't make it to the NBA, don't you forget about me." - William Gates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"People demand freedom of speech as compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?" - Milhouse van Houten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Anything from the O.T, that has 'smote' in it. 'Smote' is a wonderful word, and the world is a poorer place without it.

I am smitten with 'smote' but
    I much prefer smut
    I'd prefer to rut than watch smut
    but if I rut,
    I might end up with a mite...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 crazyground2005

"your gonna need a bigger boat........"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

It matters not how strait the gate
    nor how charg'd with punishment the scroll
    For I am captain of my fate
    And Master of my soul.

That or

If I'd known it was going to be this sort of party I'd have stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
    A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

An hour of wolfes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crushing down! But it is not this day!

THIS DAY WE FIGHT!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

"If" By Rudyard Kipling is full of them but last verse in particular:

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Particularly relevant for this thread:

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Wilde

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

"In order to live, you must be willing to die" Amir Vahedi

It's a quote about poker but I always thought it was a cool one for life in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.

- Oscar Wilde

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    — Gandhi

'The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know.'
    — Albert Einstein

‘I am not young enough to know everything.’
    — James M. Barrie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lorcan78

If me granny had ball's she would be me grandad .. Del boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Bitches ain't shít - Gandhi

Advertisement