Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark of the Moon (movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭endurodave

Ok so its like this,
    I love the transformers movies i do, the first one was mind blowing it totally brought me back to my youth. My main gripe was with the second one with the two twins they introduced what ever they were called they ruined the second movie for me well they didn't ruin it but they took it down a few pegs the whole mood of the movie was compromised because of it. I want to see an intense action thriller that reminds me of the adventure you experienced when you watched the show as a kid. Also whats with all the American cars in the movie if i remember correctly in the cartoon (gen 1? and so on) had a selection of cars and machines Porsche 911 turbo, Nissan fairladyZ even a Lambo countach to mention but a few, it would be awesome to see their modern versions in the movies as i find most of the us cars lacking in well you know spirit ?. I understand that Mr. bay has probably done some sort of deal with American cars manufacturers but imo the takes from the authentic feel of the movie and dilutes the brand of transformers. Well that's just how i feel about it ha ha. Any one else agree ? or disagree ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You'll never guess who this is:
    IMG_6644_1281436740_1285352724_1292938651.jpg
    Megatron

Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Galvasean wrote: »
    You'll never guess who this is:
    IMG_6644_1281436740_1285352724_1292938651.jpg
    Megatron

Why wouldn't he be? He wassn't killed off in the second one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Knew this AGGGGES ago!

''This is'nt over''

No one remember this line?

Ah, my image did not attach. My post would have made more sense with this:
    1281452398_TF3ChicagoMadMaxTruck2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ah, my image did not attach. My post would have made more sense with this:
    1281452398_TF3ChicagoMadMaxTruck2.jpg

Yeah I heard they were making him literally a dark reflection of Optimus, which is pretty obvious there.

How quickly he changes his tune.
    ROTF Megs: "No more disguises!"
    DOTM Meg: "Disguises for all!"

I've read that the tarpulin becomes a cloak/hood when he's in robot mode. not sure how that would pan out on film. So long as he isn't covering his mauled face in shame. The guy can reformat his entire body but not his face :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

endurodave wrote: »
    Ok so its like this,
    I love the transformers movies i do, the first one was mind blowing it totally brought me back to my youth. My main gripe was with the second one with the two twins they introduced what ever they were called they ruined the second movie for me well they didn't ruin it but they took it down a few pegs the whole mood of the movie was compromised because of it. I want to see an intense action thriller that reminds me of the adventure you experienced when you watched the show as a kid. Also whats with all the American cars in the movie if i remember correctly in the cartoon (gen 1? and so on) had a selection of cars and machines Porsche 911 turbo, Nissan fairladyZ even a Lambo countach to mention but a few, it would be awesome to see their modern versions in the movies as i find most of the us cars lacking in well you know spirit ?. I understand that Mr. bay has probably done some sort of deal with American cars manufacturers but imo the takes from the authentic feel of the movie and dilutes the brand of transformers. Well that's just how i feel about it ha ha. Any one else agree ? or disagree ?

Check out the information here (design spoilers a plenty!):
    http://www.whatsthelatest.net/miscellaneous/transformers-3-dark-moon-photos-movie-trailer-characters/

Some very cool designs!

Sentinel Prime? Optimus Prime's father? So much for Optimus being the last of the Primes!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭endurodave

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Check out the information here (design spoilers a plenty!):
    http://www.whatsthelatest.net/miscellaneous/transformers-3-dark-moon-photos-movie-trailer-characters/

Some very cool designs!

thanks a million looks like it could be better than ever :D

• Advertisement

Sentinel Prime? Optimus Prime's father? So much for Optimus being the last of the Primes!

See above comments about Bay and continuity!

Although the site quoted above doesn't give a source for that info, so it could be a different Autobot, Inferno perhaps?

Vehichle mode reminds me a bit of Pyro.

Vehichle mode reminds me a bit of Pyro.

Good spot!

I'm going to guess Sentinel Prime is a guess.

Unless the storyline is Sentinel was on that ship and was thought dead but is now reactivated.

Regardless, in my head, Sentinel Prime is a big chinned jerk. :D

Regardless, in my head, Sentinel Prime is a big chinned jerk. :D

In my head Sentinel Prime is a bisembodied hand...
    180px-Sentinel_prime_dw.jpg

Corey Burton (voice of G1 Shockwave) says he has no interest in voicing Shockwave for the new movie. Looking at his filmography I think he's talking out of his tailpipe.

Saw the trailer in 3d last night.

Felt all kinds of meh and there was a mehness vibe from the crowd too.

Whatever I feel about Bay I want this film to suceed, I appreciate it's not aimed at me at all, so I hope he knows what he's doing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Corey Burton (voice of G1 Shockwave) says he has no interest in voicing Shockwave for the new movie. Looking at his filmography I think he's talking out of his tailpipe.

Mutterings suggest they've offered the part to David Warner...whether or not he's accepted.

IIRC, in the past Burton specifically said he was using Warner as a reference point when voicing Shockwave.

That said... Warner does sound his age these days... considering Welker didn't make the cut for the same reason, i'd have some doubts about the rumors. Bay being Bay, he'd probably want someone cheaper anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Re Sentinel Prime...it's funny but I took a photo of that exact same vehicle while on holidays in Poland last year because it looked as if it was going to transform at any minute. I must upload the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just thought i'd chuck this in here.

seibertron.com have a list of dark of the moon toys coming out and one of them is "leader class sentinel prime".

now this being bay that could mean **** all but if it is the guy who led before prime we could be getting some decent storyline for once.

they also mentioned air raid, roadbuster and optimus prime with trailer as items too.

:)

• Advertisement

just thought i'd chuck this in here.

seibertron.com have a list of dark of the moon toys coming out and one of them is "leader class sentinel prime".

now this being bay that could mean **** all but if it is the guy who led before prime we could be getting some decent storyline for once.

they also mentioned air raid, roadbuster and optimus prime with trailer as items too.

:)

Going by the "DA" and "DD" by the names, i'm guessing that was a Takara solicitation. The bigger names are probably final.

Note the 'new enemy' Voyager.

Prime with Trailer was solicited as a Voyager with a "+" beside it which may means a full size Voyager plus an additional trailer.

This would obviously make it too big for a case assortment, so it would probably get it's own case assortment.

Hasbro may find some way to do things differently yet.

Here's the SuperBowl ad:

Looks nice and actiony. However, I'm refusing to get too excited since the revenge of the fallen trailers made it look awesome too.

It was a really good trailer but as Galva said ROTF had a really good trailer too. Still not sure I will bother with the cinema for this tbh.

Trailer does an excellent job of making Prime look like a total badass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Trailer definitely makes Prime look badass alright...

Is that Lazerbeak I see midway through?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It was a really good trailer but as Galva said ROTF had a really good trailer too. Still not sure I will bother with the cinema for this tbh.

Trailer does an excellent job of making Prime look like a total badass though.

You'll be there first day like all the rest of us!

The guy in the trailer has been confirmed as
    Sentinel Prime
    Also, Megatron will be
    hiding out in the African jungle. He wears a veil over his face to hide his disfigured face. Weird, considering he can reformat his whole body no problem, but can't fix his face?

The guy in the trailer has been confirmed as
    Sentinel Prime
    Also, Megatron will be
    hiding out in the African jungle. He wears a veil over his face to hide his disfigured face. Weird, considering he can reformat his whole body no problem, but can't fix his face?

Megatron cares about his appearance, considers humans disgusting, but has no problem taking on the form of an earth truck that isn't actually that great a disgu.....

Oh sorry. It's Bay. Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Maybe it's not true.
    Bay said Lots of things about Megatron in regards the second movie.
    That turned out to be filthy filthy Lies.
    More lies.

I do like the notion of "I can change into a truck. But I can't fix my face."
    Why dosn't he just make his alt mode a non damaged version of himself?

I will see it.
    But I am invoking BOOMSLPODE!

Another new trailer:

Looking very dark in tone... BUT so did ROTF

• Advertisement

I'm liking the look of the gun laden vehicle modes!

Advertisement