Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark of the Moon (movie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

looks like him !

but that said could be
    vector prime.

in which case
    they could be borrowing from the worlds collide dimension hopping thing. now THAT would be a good way to introduce unicron ! :):)

but its way too early to say yet.

i will say one thing though.

theres ALOT more drama in that so hopefully the film can sustain it. and hell the TFs look ALOT more normal.

STILL bayverse, but more normal looking transformer build and face
    i presume that the bit where neil armstrong is wiping the moondust with his hand that thats a fallen TFs face/ mouth it falls into

gotta say, good trailer and VERY meaty for a "teaser". bay said there'd be no real effects in it but it looked fairly polished to me.

i just hope theres a 2D version, my bro cant watch 3d films and he'd love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not liking the moon landing bit, but still looking forward to this. Hopefully they make the action scenes a bit easier to make out what's happening. Less army vs robots and more Autobots vs Decepticons.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyone esle half expect to see the Space Jockey in the ship?

now wouldnt THAT make a nice "alternate reality " aliens film ?

ya can just see it now

"find out the REAL reason they were quaranteened after coming back from the moon ! "

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Man, I really wanted to get excited over this but I just can't.

I'm not a "BAY DESTROYED MY CHILDHOOD!!!" head but ROTF was a really poor film, TF or not.

I just felt Meh! Over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

So Transformers use Ships instead of shooting through space like meteors now/Then?

MarkHall wrote: »
    So Transformers use Ships instead of shooting through space like meteors now/Then?

They had ships in Revenge of the Fallen too.

Pretty much every TF continuity has had the TFs use both ships and spacebridge/warp technology, so I don't think it's something to get worked up about.

I assumed the Autobots arrived in 'meteorite' form from a nearby ship. The 'meteors' being similar to drop pods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Cant believe I never found this forum! :O Who is that in the teaser? PM me someone, Im dying to know, Im a nineties kid not maSsively familiar with all the Characters! :( I will get there though! :P

WE don't know who that is in the Trailer.
    It's all speculation at the moment.
    But top possiblities are the shown up above if you highlight the blank sections of peoples posts.

• Advertisement

They had ships in Revenge of the Fallen too.

Pretty much every TF continuity has had the TFs use both ships and spacebridge/warp technology, so I don't think it's something to get worked up about.

I took the Fallens place to be a base rather than a ship. It's not like it did much moving.

Not getting worked up.

But i am wondering why we need more secret groups with Transformer tech horde.
    After the whole Sector 7 crap from the first two.

MarkHall wrote: »
    But i am wondering why we need more secret groups with Transformer tech horde.
    After the whole Sector 7 crap from the first two.

Yeah that was a big contributing part of the whole MEH for me. This is the 3rd supar sekrit group to know about the tfs, 5th if you include prehistoric man and the Egyptians (well, someone had to build that pyramid. I haven't bothered with the comics or books though so I could be incorrect! )

In a canon of three films, this is the third repitition of "we already knew they were here." Yawn, tbh.

They're running out of all powerful macguffins too, I wonder if it's the Underbase' turn :D

Surely there arent enough Autobots in movie continuity to kill on that scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

intense trailer. glad to see they're taking it in a new direction; the last film just felt like a gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Trailer looks pretty cool, cannot wait to see it, first one was awesome, second good but not great, hopefully this one will bring the series back to the top drawer :)

Galvasean wrote: »
    Surely there arent enough Autobots in movie continuity to kill on that scale?

Naaah, Starscream could just kill all of the genericons from ROTF. Problem solved.

Naaah, Starscream could just kill all of the genericons from ROTF. Problem solved.

I used to love Starscream in the cartoons but i wasnt mad on him in the movies. Didn't like the look they went for at all

Starscreams character was the best thing about ROTF.

His interactions with Megatron were great.

Starscreams character was the best thing about ROTF.

His interactions with Megatron were great.

Yeah, they were great. Unfortunately there were only about 4 minutes of that, but hey, we got 20 minutes of the twins being "funny".

Yeah, they were great. Unfortunately there were only about 4 minutes of that, but hey, we got 20 minutes of the twins being "funny".

Yeah the starscream scenes with megatron were good but i meant i didn't like the design of him. Even when in robot for he just looked like a plane with legs. They could have done a much better job on him.

And dont get me started on the Twins being "funny", they almost destroyed the film for me!

• Advertisement

Yeah the starscream scenes with megatron were good but i meant i didn't like the design of him. Even when in robot for he just looked like a plane with legs. They could have done a much better job on him.

And dont get me started on the Twins being "funny", they almost destroyed the film for me!

I don't know anyone who is a huge fan of Starscreams design in ROTF.

To me Screamer should be reserved power, not ape like.

One might even say ROBOT NOT MUNKY.

And the twins ruined the film for allllot of people. That they're "white kids trying to be black" doesn't make them any more funny.

I don't know anyone who is a huge fan of Starscreams design in ROTF.

To me Screamer should be reserved power, not ape like.

One might even say ROBOT NOT MUNKY.

Totally agree, Scream was always kinda held back and reserved in the cartoon but when the time came to get his hands dirty he was well bale to Bring It!!!!

LOL, I love the way they just randomly attach parts of TF history to something.

It's not embedded in Mt Saint Hillary, it didn't bring Prime and Megs to Earth, it's not the Autobot's home, it's not THE ark.

Man I'm sounding way too Geewun lately :( Ignore me!

Sounds a bit like the IDW Ark --maybe.

Sounds a bit like the IDW Ark --maybe.

It'd be an interesting twist all right.

Although the question would have to be asked why the TFs are so obsessed with earth in this continuity :D

oooh i'd like it if it was done like the IDW first ark alright.

that was a lovely little mystery and a nice twist on the original idea. we could actually get some decent bot characterisation and mythos building out of it.

but this is micheal bay.

for all we know the ship itself could be his version of omega supreme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

I dont know how this effects ROTF but I have a feeling the ship will be the Nemesis . . . . . . It got mentioned in passing, but it would ground the story if it was on the moon . . . . we have to remember, Bay is taking a lot of his creative advice from Spielberg, who doesnt really allow the audience to apply there own spin on the story. Im seriously looking forward to this. Glad Megan Fox is gone too.

The Nemesis is supposed to already exist in the film continuity. Starscream was it's captain.

Not that Bay gives a crap about continuity, but there you go :)

• Advertisement

I read somewhere that Bay said he doesn't give a rat's about 'extended continuity' (books, comics etc.) and will gladly overstep them if he feels the need to.

He probably should have mentioned his own continuity too! :pac:

Advertisement