Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimebag Darrell 1966-2004

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

hahahahaa shuhup you sham!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Here's a pic of Dime's grave that I took in 2007, in Arlington Texax. RIP brother.

th_usa2007117.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Here's a better close-up, also taken on the day. A fitting memorial.

usa2007115.jpg?t=1292157458

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Can it really be six years already? Time flies.

It does. I remember when I first read this on Blabbermouth, the morning after the night before, I taught it had been a joke. Then I saw the news report on CNN and realised the severity of the situation. I couldn't believe something like this could have happened....and when I think where I was and what I was doing when that news broke it's hard to think six years has gone by so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

'With the heart twice the size of texas' Sounds a bit off to me.

Plus the flames at the bottom are a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

5 cent, the tiniest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen and a shamrock. What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bledmillennium

Found out about his death when I was using the public computer at our university. I was intensely crestfallen. RIP Dime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Dime101

I was skipping an art trip in school and had gone into Asha in Stephens green.

The girl behind the counter saw my Pantera t-shirt and told me what had happened.

Then went to Music Maker and stared at the Washburns for like 10 mins.

Sad times man.

Listened to all the albums straight through that night, I was in tears once cemetary gates came on.

As a guitarist he was my ultimate inspiration and still is.

It's a shame I'll never get to see Pantera live.

That grave is pretty epic, I'd like to visit it someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

RIP

Can't believe how long ago this happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Could listen to nothing but CFH in the library today, haven't listened to that album in so long; too long... ****ing hell. Such a guitarist, hard to believe it's been 7 years.

RIP Dimebag, I will always love your music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

RIP Dime
    You were one in a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Watching PanterA Home Videos 3: Watch It Go over the net now, what a laugh! Haven't seen this in ages!

"Smoking may cause cancer and emphysema."
    "Fuck that shit..."

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

I never cared for Pantera much, never idolised Dimebag, didn't care for Damageplan, paid no attention to the great Pantera divide.

To that end, I saw Dimebag's murder as nothing but an outright tragedy, perpetrated by a madman who happily had his life ended for what he did.

One thing that burned me was people saying 'he died the way he wanted to - on a stage' and whatever other melodramatic crap went around. I personally, having no personal knowledge of the man, surmised he would have much rather died in a bath of whiskey surrounded by tig ol' bittied strippers.

WHISKEY AND STRIPPERS!!!

The man lived the way he wanted to, that's his legacy. **** the way he died, and **** RIP, do ya think he wanted peace? I don't think of his murder. I think of Dimebag surrounded by whiskey and strippers, screeching out solos, then back to the whiskey and strippers.

Advertisement