Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimebag Darrell 1966-2004

Options
  • 08-12-2010 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

7204rip_dimebag2.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

dimebagrip.jpg

Can it really be six years already? Time flies.

I hope Nathan Gale is getting buttraped in hell by Satan himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Why don't we have a forum named after him here? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've a lot to say on this but i don't think a thread like this is the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Ha ha what are the chances? Two Dime threads started at the exact same time - 00:15.

Proves the man is/was a ****ing legend because there we were biding our time til after 12!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

]
    I hope Nathan Gale is getting buttraped in hell by Satan himself.

Amen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Still can remember the day he died :( Was a horrible day to say the least.

Never will we see someone like him again and its such a fcuking shame how it all happened.

RIP you legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

RIP. Think I'll put on Vulgar Display now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

One of my favourite guitarists of all time... But why do we need a new thread every year?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

One of my favourite guitarists of all time... But why do we need a new thread every year?
    We dont need one per say, but if someone feels that they want him to be remembered, then why not? It's just a few dots on the screen to pay tribute the best metal guitarist of all time in my opinion, and I still am sad that we will not be hearing any more of the music he had to offer...

Great guitarist and great person.

RIP Dime.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've merged the two threads now. RIP Dimebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

RIP Dimebag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Has it been a year again already?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

John Lennon is 30 years dead today,was infinitly more influential but doesnt get a mention.Dont get me wrong,I always have been and always will be a huge fan of Dimes work but a bit of perspective goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Mayoman911 wrote: »

This reminds me of the chatroom that Dean Guitars set up in the days after Dimebags death. It had a video player with a lot of unseen home footage and performances, but the one clip that stuck with me was Dimebag playing the outro riff of Floods on stage and the video was dated '88 or '89. Just thought it was awesome that he had that riff for so long before using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Numina wrote: »
    This reminds me of the chatroom that Dean Guitars set up in the days after Dimebags death. It had a video player with a lot of unseen home footage and performances, but the one clip that stuck with me was Dimebag playing the outro riff of Floods on stage and the video was dated '88 or '89. Just thought it was awesome that he had that riff for so long before using it.

here you go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Mayoman911 wrote: »
    here you go :D

Thank you very much, it's been six years since I saw this, I had a look around a few years ago with no luck and hadn't come across me to look for it again since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

nedtheshed wrote: »
    John Lennon is 30 years dead today,was infinitly more influential but doesnt get a mention.Dont get me wrong,I always have been and always will be a huge fan of Dimes work but a bit of perspective goes a long way.

Exactly.

Perspective of what forum were in! Rock & Metal!

John Lennon is that way --->

NoQuarter already posted what I was going to write but I might as well repeat it. This is the Rock & Metal forum. I'm sure everyone here misses John Lennon too but as metal fans we're going to be closer to Dimebag and his music. Outside of the metal community Dimebag's death hardly registered whereas everyone with any interest in music knows who John Lennon was.

I'm sure there will be a thread in the general music forum for John Lennon's death. What kind of reaction do you think someone posting "I'm a huge fan of John Lennon but why doesn't Dimebag Darrell get a mention?" would get on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Every year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

It wasnt my intention to cause any offence and if I have done then I apologise.I was merely pointing out that a bona fide musical icon also died on this day.He was much more influential when it came to changing the face of guitar based music than most musicians could ever hope to be.I just felt he deserved a mention on a forum that he helped create,thats all.Again,apologies if i caused any offence. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Malice_ wrote: »
    NoQuarter already posted what I was going to write but I might as well repeat it. This is the Rock & Metal forum. I'm sure everyone here misses John Lennon too but as metal fans we're going to be closer to Dimebag and his music. Outside of the metal community Dimebag's death hardly registered whereas everyone with any interest in music knows who John Lennon was.

I'm sure there will be a thread in the general music forum for John Lennon's death. What kind of reaction do you think someone posting "I'm a huge fan of John Lennon but why doesn't Dimebag Darrell get a mention?" would get on there?

I can picture it now; "What's a Dimebag?"

Anyway, RIP Dime, great guitarist indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Not quite everyone here ;)

While I would never have wished for John Lennon to have been murdered, I bloody hate his solo stuff, and that bloody wife of his......:mad::mad::mad:

Plus when I say to anyone in the real world that I don't like John Lennon, I tend to get funny looks because I still have a fair bit of my scouse accent.:)

But I would defo agree with you that Dimebag would be a bigger loss to a lot of people's musical world than Lennon was, he certainly is in my musical world, but I am sure that Lennon and his music will be celebrated at this time by his legion of fans as well.

It wasnt my intention to cause any offence and if I have done then I apologise.I was merely pointing out that a bona fide musical icon also died on this day.He was much more influential when it came to changing the face of guitar based music than most musicians could ever hope to be.I just felt he deserved a mention on a forum that he helped create,thats all.Again,apologies if i caused any offence. :)
    No worries nedtheshed, this is the Internet after all. Someone's always wrong ;)
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Feckin' Scousers always trying to be different :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Kess73 wrote: »

While I would never have wished for John Lennon to have been murdered, I bloody hate his solo stuff, and that bloody wife of his......:mad::mad::mad:

Plus when I say to anyone in the real world that I don't like John Lennon, I tend to get funny looks because I still have a fair bit of my scouse accent.:)

But I would defo agree with you that Dimebag would be a bigger loss to a lot of people's musical world than Lennon was, he certainly is in my musical world, but I am sure that Lennon and his music will be celebrated at this time by his legion of fans as well.

Well said.

I get funny looks when i say to people that i dont like the beatles , and never did..

"Wha..sure you play music dont ya"

Yeah i do , i play music that i like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No worries nedtheshed, this is the Internet after all. Someone's always wrong ;)

Well they are, and what with me being a bit of a mongrel, I am different to regular scousers. :D

Time to break out something else I cannot say outside of Liverpool without being met by peels of laughter.

Calm down la, calm down. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

A bit more civilised on this thread than http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45975 here..

RIP Dime..

I gave up on MetalIreland a long time ago and I'm not surprised to see the quality of discussion on there is about the level I expected before I clicked on that thread. I'm glad that site exists though because it probably keeps the plonker quota on this forum down :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Lets all get together for tea and talk about john and darrell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Well said.

I get funny looks when i say to people that i dont like the beatles , and never did..

"Wha..sure you play music dont ya"

Yeah i do , i play music that i like.

Summat wrong with you benson!

Seriously though, love or hate them there may not have been modern music as we know it today without the beatles

Advertisement