Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time Investigates on Southill now

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 maggot12345

They all said jail was too easy, so make it tougher for them and they won't want to be there. No TV in the cell, no fancy food, seperate them from their fiends --send them off to different parts of the country or better still Africa where they would discover what prison should be like. Make them work in public maybe on a chain gang cleaning ditches. If they assault a prison officer punish them severely ie. if they punch or kick an officer tie up that arm / leg or whatever for a week and if they do it again for a month. As to the really young kids I feel terribly sorry for them --their parents shouldn't have a dog. They should be monitored very closely from birth and if the parents can't set boundaries their welfare payments should be hit hard. You would have to wonder why parents of kids as young as 5 and 6 leave them roam the streets at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

That programme showed weak liberalism in action. The right thing to do would be send in the guards and arrest all those people and send them to a camp indefinitely doing manual work for the state. Problem solved overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

The way I see it is these problem areas have been on the cards for the last 20 years , Ireland has taken all the appropiate steps to ghettoize certain areas in all the cities. These areas will get worse as they always do, and in 10 years time we'll have more areas and more lost youngsters.
    We never learn and always repeat the mistakes that other countries try, look at the US or the UK has their hang em, flog em , cut their benefits campaigns worked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

time to cut welfare to anti-social families

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Time to consider Eugenics I'm afraid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

niallers1 wrote: »
    That programme was very sad and it really shows our failure as a society that this is accepted behaviour.

Shame on all of us.

Sorry what? "all of us"? even people who work, are law abiding and contribute their hard earned taxes to pay for these scum to mooch around on the dole? what have decent people got to be ashamed about over a incompetent social system and scumbags who dont want to contribute to society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

niallers1 wrote: »
    That programme was very sad and it really shows our failure as a society that this is accepted behaviour.

Shame on all of us.

A lot of people hands are tied by weak liberals.

I have always maintained we need a strong police unit like Rio's BOPE or closer to home, the old Free State CID, whose work was summed up in a study as "Oriel House succeeded in its task of suppressing small scale republican activities in the Dublin area, not by the sophistication and efficiency of its intelligence work... but by the more direct method of striking terror into its opponents"

Once we clean out the vermin, only then can we truly carry out regeneration. If you tear down a rat's nest, rebuild it but leave the rats there, it is still a rat's nest.

I feel terribly sorry for the innocents caught up in this and nothing but contempt and hatred for the criminals.

gaf1983 wrote: »
    I've said this in some other thread already, but that's why I think it would be a good idea to ship the criminals out to places like Nigeria and Pakistan where we deport people to anyway and pay their country's prison systems to lock up our criminals. I'd say it would definitely be cheaper than the €100 grand a year it costs to keep Irish prisoners in jail, it definitely would be more Spartan than what we have here, they wouldn’t come into contact with their Irish criminal mates.

We could keep the civil liberty brigade happy by allowing them access to Skype calls to their families back home.

the legals eagles would loose too much money, that will never happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 josephlaffan900

does anyone know where i can watch this online tried rte player doesnt seem to on it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

does anyone know where i can watch this online tried rte player doesnt seem to on it??

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1086460

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so, from what I gather, he paid someone to produce a gun for the camera. Thats your tax money folks, handed over to scumbags just so he could get a camera shot of a gun. Also, cars were burnt out specifically because there was cameras there.

zuroph wrote: »
    so, from what I gather, he paid someone to produce a gun for the camera. Thats your tax money folks, handed over to scumbags just so he could get a camera shot of a gun. Also, cars were burnt out specifically because there was cameras there.

same thing used to happen in Belfast. The press paid kids to throw stones at soldiers so they could get good pictures. I expect it's a standard module at journalism school. Doesn't mean that cars aren't burnt out and robbers don't used shotguns though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

ah yes so much for unbaised reporting, then again if it shows up our local politicians council corpo and gaurds its money well spent, plus it may get something done (doubtfull tho)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭deathbot

osarusan wrote: »
    We need to nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

That wouldn't work, ignoramous. Remove the people in housing estates, and in less than 10 years, the same situation would be produced again. Since people aren't perfect (you included) neither, is a society that is populated.

However, it's clear you're full of hatred for the poor or anyone who you feel is beneath you. Guaranteed if you were brought up on these estates, you'd be droning around with your pimp cane and bomber jacket, and tracksuit bottoms tucked into your socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

deathbot wrote: »
    That wouldn't work, ignoramous. Remove the people in housing estates, and in less than 10 years, the same situation would be produced again. Since people aren't perfect (you included) neither, is a society that is populated.

However, it's clear you're full of hatred for the poor or anyone who you feel is beneath you. Guaranteed if you were brought up on these estates, you'd be droning around with your pimp cane and bomber jacket, and tracksuit bottoms tucked into your socks.

Hands down, best "missing the joke" post of 2010.

hint: watch more sci-fi movies. particularly ones about say...Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

and you have this from what source??just asking

dont think i need to tell you this(coz your a mod)links or gtfo
    dont get me wrong im on your side but dont talk ****e if you cant back it up
    i know posters here that had to leave their home through fear of intimation(<sp)fear of rape and because are now seeking phychyratic help and you throw words around very freely.I like to see you deal with this kind of asb and have the same attude

source???or delete your post,you cant talk here say in a dabate,sure we could talk ****e if thats the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Too many travellers! That is the honest truth! Animals...

maxxie wrote: »
    Too many travellers! That is the honest truth! Animals...
    what? explain yourself,too many travellers has noting to do with this disussion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

cruiser178 wrote: »
    what? explain yourself,too many travellers has noting to do with this disussion

Whats there to explain, crime , feuding, intimidation! What names keep repeating themselves..

• Advertisement

maxxie wrote: »
    Whats there to explain, crime , feuding, intimidation! What names keep repeating themselves..
    J C maxxie,im on your side but we cant name then(as much as we want too)...i want to tell(with proff)what these ***** do for a living,boards wont let me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cruiser i'm nou denying the asb in any way, i'm just pointing how low the journalist will go for footage. Giving these pricks money is only further enabling them. As for source, not every source is online, but trust me, its come pretty direct from the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

cruiser178 wrote: »
    J C maxxie,im on your side but we cant name then(as much as we want too)...i want to tell(with proff)what these ***** do for a living,boards wont let me

that is some possibly more of the problem, if one starts to tell the truth one of two things happen, ban, or infaction, thread closed, limerick mods are the worst, there was a thread on after hours on a recent accident, perhaps a bit over the top but it was ah, a limerick mod locked it, all these people have away too much proctectionism, they never have to fight their own corner, they have more rights than most people, they know them, they use them,if the disabled had as much protection, then the budget would not have hit them as hard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread is gone to the dogs.

Flutered, if you have a problem with mods then I'd suggest you either sort it out or else stop posting controversially and asking for trouble.

Maxxie, if I find you disrupting another thread just to bitch about Travellers, I will ban you.

cruiser, if you're uncertain about whether or not a post is suitable, send me a PM and I'll let you know. I'm actually here to help people enjoy this forum, despite the rubbish Flutered is spouting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement